Author Topic: Message from the Hopi Elders  (Read 410 times)

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
Message from the Hopi Elders
« on: January 09, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »
Message from the Hopi Elders:

To my fellow swimmers:

There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hang on to the shore. They will feel they are being torn a part and will suffer greatly. Know the river has its destination. The Elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the stream, keep our eyes open and our heads above the water.

And I say, See who is in there with you and celebrate. At this time in history we are to take nothing personally, least of all ourselves. For the moment that we do, our spiritual growth and journey comes to a halt. The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves. Banish the word 'struggle' from your attitude and your vocabulary. All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.

We are the ones we have been waiting for.
"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Re: Message from the Hopi Elders
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 10:33:15 PM »
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

erik

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 01:01:02 AM »
That message is from 1999 - Hopi were very active in 1990s. They visited the UN in 1992, etc.

Has anybody heard any new messages from them?

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 01:57:50 AM »
"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 02:17:50 AM »
It is interesting.. thank you Zam  :)

I must also bring back the heyoka painting.. couldnt resist!

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline kaycee

• Sadhu
    • Heartwinds
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 02:55:17 AM »

Hmmm, I'm seeing a bit of a resemblance between the red, black, white, & furry Heyoka - and that photo to the left.

Interesting!
Luv, K
The journey becomes an adventure only when the baggage gets lost.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 03:16:12 AM »
Dance of the sacred clown!

:-*

I too see the resemblance   ;)

Blessed Be!

Jahn

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 05:18:13 AM »
Message from the Hopi Elders:

To my fellow swimmers:

Right, very clever statement.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »
'Struggle' is one of those words.
i use it as it inspires me and frees me from that desire to be in la-la land.

others see it as a negative burden - one that was forced upon them by pious hypocrites who want us to deny our joy.

my form of struggle is full of joy - i am one who learns, and loves to learn, and in that learning i push myself to my absolute limits, and i love it!

if your form of struggle is a way to humiliate you, then toss 'struggle' out of your mind, as it is a word has been claimed by the spirits who wish to drag you down. Replace it with something you long for - words have power over our mind.

'work' and 'struggle' are words that should be used to get us up and moving, not cause us to become mired. change the words - anything that inspires will do. I myself never see my struggle as a groan, i see it as a way my spirit is birthed.

recently i read that cesarean births cause respiratory problems - more cesarean birth babies have to go into the breathing machine. this study recognised the struggle of passing through the cervix-vaginal passage as a way to squeeze the lungs and initiate the breathing.

struggle is not the problem - the problem is that we have been told to be 'heavy with proverbs and corrections' as L Cohen said. Free the mind from the claws of despair....

words... not enough. we need a precedent powerful enough to indelibly mark our spirit in the image of those who laugh in the midst of battle, who never sleep, lest their lord pass by unnoticed.

it is all about edge. Once you have it inscribed in your soul, you are free to laugh in the face of the Guardian. Skipping lightly, she danced away from those who told her her tasks were chores.

It always reminds me of the famous Indian guru whom even ministers of state would bow down to, yet he worked at splitting stones on the side of the road. It was all one to him.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 11:09:59 PM »
'work' and 'struggle' are words that should be used to get us up and moving, not cause us to become mired. change the words - anything that inspires will do. I myself never see my struggle as a groan, i see it as a way my spirit is birthed.

Excellent post Michael, Im a bit like you in the struggle arena, but its plainly obvious to me, with many in my life that the mere mention of self WORK sets that inner UGH and I think most of the time.. it all stops right there.

Self importance at play perhaps?

Fade and I were speaking of this just recently.. actually we had ourselves a good laugh to the point of silliness.. I LOVE finding out I have no idea about something.. it means I just learned something! To discover further growth for myself opens doors to vastness I cant even grasp.. exciting!

Change the words..

Change the words..

Perception.

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 03:40:23 AM »
This article is to long to post, so here's the link:

http://www.osfa.org.uk/vst-txt.htm

"We who are clay blended by the Master Potter, come from the kiln of Creation in many hues. How can people say one skin is colored, when each has its own coloration? What should it matter that one bowl is dark and the other pale, if each is of good design and serves its purpose well."

~Polingaysi Qoyawayma, Hopi ~

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 03:49:27 AM »
"When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cried and you rejoice."

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 03:44:39 PM »
It was a beautiful day here today, so Ang and I decided to get the boys outside.  Decided to take them to the Natural History Museum.  Here's a few photos taken...I'll put up a few more in time.

z

P.S.  Oh, a bit of commentary  ;)  One picture if of the Hopi Kachina Dolls they create.  Another is of Hopi Weavings.

The baskets are actually from the Papago Indians.  They are located in Southern Arizona.  These caught my eye, as my parents have many in their home.  My father, an educator, traveled all around the State of Arizona as part of the Special Schools Project.  He was the director of many wonderful folks who assisted children all over the state with different learning disabilities.  He made many friends, and in return for his assistance they gave him many different gifts (such as different Native American baskets.)  He worked on many native reservations, Hopi, Navajo, Apachi, Papago and Hohokam, just to name a few. 

The one picture of the drum with the artwork painting on it...well, let's just say I was gawking at the beauty of it and forgot to identify which culture created it.  ;)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 10:08:07 PM »
Sounds like a wonderful adventure to take the boys on as well as yourself! The photos youve shared are great..creation. Thank you.

Do your children ask questions and show interest?

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 10:22:32 PM »

nice one

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk