Author Topic: Baby dolphins!  (Read 242 times)

niamhspark

Baby dolphins!
« on: August 23, 2006, 04:08:02 PM »
They're so cute!!  ;D

niamhspark

Re: Baby dolphins!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 04:08:51 PM »

niamhspark

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 04:09:42 PM »

niamhspark

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »

niamhspark

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »

niamhspark

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 04:13:40 PM »

niamhspark

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 04:14:33 PM »

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 04:54:34 PM »
That first picture is awesome!! It is now gracing my desktop!!   :D
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

niamhspark

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 05:08:40 PM »
You know, since you said that, I went ahead and made it my desktop background, too -- and it looks really good! I needed a change, and what better change than BABY DOLPHINS!!!  :D :D :D ;D ;D :) :) :P :P ;) ;) ;) ;)

I needed that!

nichi

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 05:09:43 PM »
So sweet they, smiling with their moms.
 :-* :-*

erik

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 05:13:02 PM »
Niamh - out of sheer curiosity - if you saw a dolphin in your dreams, what would it symbolize to you?

niamhspark

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 05:13:19 PM »
I know, they swim very close to mom, too! I do believe somehow the dolphin is more intelligent than humans -- they're amazing creatures!

What I also thought was cute, was when looking for pics, I put in "dolphin kiss" in the google images, and there were tons of pictures, from young to old, of people getting kisses, or giving kisses, to dolphins. I thought about it, the amazing way people can change when they get in the water with a dolphin, like they become different people when they're around. Big huge smiles, like the dolphin knows how to spread the joy to folks, even better than a winning lotto ticket -- it's rather interesting. Makes you wanna run out and kiss a dolphin somehow, heh!

niamhspark

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 05:16:10 PM »
Niamh - out of sheer curiosity - if you saw a dolphin in your dreams, what would it symbolize to you?

To me, spiritual progress in a good way, freedom, INNOCENCE. Intelligence with innocence. I mean, dolphins are the kindest creatures, yet they almost seem to good to belong on this planet. Like they belong in a more peaceful abode, where people don't harm, don't commit crimes. There is something mystical about them, like little swimming buddhas, if that makes sense. Very tranquil when I think of them.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 07:47:18 AM »
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 12:35:05 PM »
This is a current doco...looking at healing through contact with nature(animals)

When little Prenessa Naicker was pronounced sick with bronchial pneumonia at the age of four, she was given little chance of survival.

The youngest child of Aarthie and Alvin Naicker, formerly of Merebank, Durban, Prenessa pulled through against all the odds, but suffered crippling trauma due to her illness.

Prenessa's remarkable story about an encounter with dolphins will be told in a documentary called, The Healing Power Of Nature.

The programme's focus is on how people find spiritual and physical ways to heal themselves through contact with nature.

The series is made by local directors and producers, Jane Kennedy and Karin Slater, with assistance from the World Conservation Union film unit.

The first part of this series documents Prenessa's story. The Naickers, who now live in Johannesburg, travel to Ponta D'Ouro in Mozambique with the hope of swimming with the dolphins.

Prenessa's first attempt is unsuccessful and the second attempt is foiled by nature itself, with a cyclone sweeping into the area.

Determination to swim with the dolphins sees Prenessa back for one last attempt.

According to her father, Alvin Naicker, the dolphins had a calming effect on Prenessa and she seemed to "love every minute with them".

After the experience with the dolphins, Alvin is happy with the results that the family has noticed.

"We have seen quite a difference in her attitude. She is much calmer and is less irritable.

"She also loves horse-riding and loves all animals."

Prenessa, now 11, is said to have become "more kind, loving and considerate".

While these changes may seem small, to the family they mean a bright and promising future for Prenessa.

In similar cases, the power of nature is said to have helped children with various ailments, physical or psychological.

Sufferers of attention deficit disorder have been helped by interaction with animals, and withdrawn children have been able to create bonds of friendship where before they were unable to.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 12:39:49 PM by TIOTIT »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk