Author Topic: Stalking  (Read 125 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Stalking
« on: April 18, 2008, 10:21:20 PM »
Sorcerers stalk themselves in order to break the power of their obsessions. There are many ways of stalking oneself. If you don't want to use the idea of your death, you can use poems to stalk yourself.

I stalk myself with them. I deliver a jolt to myself with them. I listen, and shut off my internal dialogue and let my inner silence gain momentum. Then the combination of the poem and the silence delivers the jolt.

See if you can feel what I'm talking about with this poem by José Gorostiza.
     ...this incessant stubborn dying,
      this living death,
      that slays you, oh God,
      in your rigorous handiwork,
      in the roses, in the stones,
      in the indomitable stars
      and in the flesh that burns out,
      like a bonfire lit by a song,
      a dream,
      a hue that hits the eye.
      ...and you, yourself,
      perhaps have died eternities of ages out there,
      without us knowing about it,
      we dregs, crumbs, ashes of you;
      you that still are present,
      like a star faked by its very light,
      an empty light without star
      that reaches us,
      hiding
      its infinite catastrophe.

As I hear the words, I feel that that man is seeing the essence of things and I can see with him. I care only about the feeling the poets longing brings me. I borrow his longing, and with it I borrow the beauty. And marvel at the fact that he, like a true warrior, lavishes it on the recipients, the beholders, retaining for himself only his longing. This jolt, this shock of beauty, is stalking.

POS
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Stalking
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 11:39:00 PM »
gee, that's neat stuff!

gulp

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
  • Destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 01:44:40 AM »

As I hear the words, I feel that that man is seeing the essence of things and I can see with him. I care only about the feeling the poets longing brings me. I borrow his longing, and with it I borrow the beauty. And marvel at the fact that he, like a true warrior, lavishes it on the recipients, the beholders, retaining for himself only his longing. This jolt, this shock of beauty, is stalking.

POS

This is also a technique I use quite a bit in my own stalking - "borrow his longing" and "borrow the beauty."  Yes - I like that description!  Sometimes I will watch certain movies which evoke that same sense of longing, beauty, whatever it is that moves me - literally "moves" the AP in some manner.  This is an excerpt from a Pablo Neruda piece that I often turn to when I need to reawaken the stalker's muse...

Farewell, but you will be
with me, you will go within
a drop of blood circulating in my veins
or outside, a kiss that burns my Face
or a belt of fire at my waist.
My sweet, accept
the great love that came out of my life
and that in you found no territory
like the explorer lost
in the isles of bread and honey.
I found you after
the storm,
the rain washed the air
and in the water
your sweet feet gleamed like fishes.

Adored one, I am off to my fighting.

I shall scratch the earth to make you a cave
and there your Captain
will wait for you with flowers in the bed.
"You have to be immortal before you will know how to become immortal."
Quantum Shaman  | Quantum Shaman on Facebook

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 04:19:27 AM »
Farewell, but you will be
with me, you will go within
a drop of blood circulating in my veins
or outside, a kiss that burns my Face
or a belt of fire at my waist.
My sweet, accept
the great love that came out of my life
and that in you found no territory
like the explorer lost
in the isles of bread and honey.
I found you after
the storm,
the rain washed the air
and in the water
your sweet feet gleamed like fishes.

Adored one, I am off to my fighting.

I shall scratch the earth to make you a cave
and there your Captain
will wait for you with flowers in the bed.

:) ;) :-*
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

erik

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 05:23:46 PM »
A little advertisement for Tai Chi in doing stalking.

I would recommend Tai Chi to anybody on a spiritual path. It has two obvious benefits: (1) it teaches person to generate serious amounts of energy just by her-/himself for various purposes, and (2) it is quite effective moving meditation.

However, as any good thing, it has more applications. One of these is stalking. Generally, we can stalk ourselves and keep track of our thoughts quite easily. After a determined practice it may become a natural part of daily life. The shortcoming of this method is that one develops a rather general understanding of the effects of these thoughts. Clearly, the thought-induced changes in mood and perception can be detected, but to go beyond these is rather difficult.

One can take such step with Tai Chi. It does not take too much of a dedicated and determined practice to achieve the level where one is able to experience and follow the movement of energy within one's body. Now, add to this the ability to stalk one's thoughts or states of mind, and there it is - suddenly it is possible to experience energetic effects of thoughts directly. One might be surprised to realise how immediate an effect states of mind have on the energy levels of body.

That is one step closer to realising what Toltecs meant when they said that humans are energy cocoons.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 04:40:29 AM »
Thank you!  Great idea and timely reminder  Its on my list for tomorrow (Going to work right now)

Jahn

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 04:57:35 AM »

That is one step closer to realising what Toltecs meant when they said that humans are energy cocoons.

Said and said - we are energy cocoons!
Connecting our fibers all over the place.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 12:25:42 PM »
A little advertisement for Tai Chi in doing stalking.

I would recommend Tai Chi to anybody on a spiritual path. It has two obvious benefits: (1) it teaches person to generate serious amounts of energy just by her-/himself for various purposes, and (2) it is quite effective moving meditation.

However, as any good thing, it has more applications. One of these is stalking. Generally, we can stalk ourselves and keep track of our thoughts quite easily. After a determined practice it may become a natural part of daily life. The shortcoming of this method is that one develops a rather general understanding of the effects of these thoughts. Clearly, the thought-induced changes in mood and perception can be detected, but to go beyond these is rather difficult.

One can take such step with Tai Chi. It does not take too much of a dedicated and determined practice to achieve the level where one is able to experience and follow the movement of energy within one's body. Now, add to this the ability to stalk one's thoughts or states of mind, and there it is - suddenly it is possible to experience energetic effects of thoughts directly. One might be surprised to realise how immediate an effect states of mind have on the energy levels of body.

I've experience this, or something very much like this, before while doing moving meditations. Something related to this...If you use Eugene Gendlin's Focusing technique, while directing energy to different chakra's, and try to get the felt-sense of each energy center and pathway, you come to realize some interesting symbolism and meaning. I'm curious to try the same while doing Tai Chi.
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk