Author Topic: Enigma of a Sorcerer  (Read 361 times)

Offline Angela

• Acharya
Enigma of a Sorcerer
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:29:09 PM »
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Jahn

Re: Enigma of a Sorcerer
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 05:37:59 AM »
I would like to hear the radio interviews rather than readers experiences.

Perhaps if I tell the same story one more time, then people will understand a tiny piece of what I tried to tell them.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:40:28 AM by blue feather »

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
  • Destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:04:04 AM »

Perhaps if I tell the same story one more time, then people will understand a tiny piece of what I tried to tell them.

Spoken like a true optimist.  *LOL*  Wendy & I were discussing this just last night, w/ regard to one of life's most difficult lessons.  Basically, we feel that if we could just explain it better, if we could just get the other person to see what we are saying, there would be a bright flash of light and all would be right with the world.

Alas, never happens.

We tell the story for the joy of telling the story.  If anybody ever "understands" it, it will be as a matter of their own intent, and nothing else.  I've wondered over the years if CC himself ever really figured that out, and/or if part of his seeming deterioration in his later years came as a result of some sense on his part that he had "failed", so might as well just indulge and party till you puke.  I had a dream once where I was talking to CC, and he basically communicated that he didn't think ANY of the people closest to him "got it" in the least.  I assured him that it didn't matter, and also that PLENTY of us who never even met him "got it" at a life-altering level.

So... that quote above always makes me think about why we tell our stories at all.  In the end, just as a way of saying, "Kilroy was here."

"You have to be immortal before you will know how to become immortal."
Quantum Shaman  | Quantum Shaman on Facebook

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 02:55:35 AM »
I enjoyed this film.  There were quite a few “aha!” moments just listening to some of  CC’s techniques explained (some "tiny pieces"). It gave me an insight into the human element of CC … a deeper look and respect for what the man was trying to convey.  You know when Kris first introduced me to CC’s books, I kept trying to explain to him the similarities of CC’s works to Christianity … Della, I know you remember that ;)  He kept saying No, no, it’s nothing like that, when in fact as I educated myself about other paths and religions, the similarities are there.  What I remember jumping of the pages of CC, what resonated deeply, I subsequently found the same core ideas jumping out at me in Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, etc. … even ancient Greek mythology.

The story is the same, just revealed in a different way.  Not right, or wrong, just different.   Imagination is a wonderful thing.  It spurs the process of awareness and ultimate manifestation of that awareness to a broader reach.  CC definitely makes us reach further into that awareness/manifestation.

I guess what bothers me about the whole CC collection of works is that some people look Only to CC’s works as the sole tool for their path.  They spout out metaphors from the books like bible readings, as if  their supposed to be taken literally. There is just so much more out there. :)  But … to each his own.

A

"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Jahn

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 05:08:33 AM »

Spoken like a true optimist. 

Now Carlos wasn't any optimist. I just said what he said.
Funny -it is like he walks around here. If I should invite anyone to my breakfast table it must be Carlos Arana as first choice, but on the other hand I 've heard all his stories - but on the other hand I never get tired of them.

Think I heard his footsteps - that old rascal, always try to surprise you. One never knows when he will arrive, nor get away.

~.~

erik

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 08:05:29 PM »
I kept trying to explain to him the similarities of CC’s works to Christianity … Della, I know you remember that ;)  He kept saying No, no, it’s nothing like that, when in fact as I educated myself about other paths and religions, the similarities are there.  What I remember jumping of the pages of CC, what resonated deeply, I subsequently found the same core ideas jumping out at me in Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, etc. … even ancient Greek mythology.

The story is the same, just revealed in a different way.  Not right, or wrong, just different.   Imagination is a wonderful thing.  It spurs the process of awareness and ultimate manifestation of that awareness to a broader reach.  CC definitely makes us reach further into that awareness/manifestation.

I guess what bothers me about the whole CC collection of works is that some people look Only to CC’s works as the sole tool for their path.  They spout out metaphors from the books like bible readings, as if  their supposed to be taken literally. There is just so much more out there. :)  But … to each his own.

A

Well...there are two levels as always: level of mental, level of ideas, and level of action and practice. Do you find similarities between Castaneda and Christianity at that level as well?

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »
Well...there are two levels as always: level of mental, level of ideas, and level of action and practice. Do you find similarities between Castaneda and Christianity at that level as well?

E, are you saying two levels: 1) mental/ideas and 2) action/practice?  Not sure if I understand your question. :)

A

erik

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 02:41:40 PM »
E, are you saying two levels: 1) mental/ideas and 2) action/practice?  Not sure if I understand your question. :)

A

You found similarities at the level of ideas. Did you compare the practices as well?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 09:39:18 PM by erke »

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 07:17:14 AM »
You found similarities at the level of ideas. Did you compare the practices as well?

At the time, Juhani, I did see similarities between Christian and Toltec.  Now, today, I see similarities in all religions/paths.  Theme: Evolution .... Technique:  Any way possible to find the truth within yourself, which is a brilliance of pure love that bubbles up within, and spreads like a wildfire when impeccably practiced ... through thought, action, ritual, whatever works....  Goal/End/Beginning: Evolution of soul/awareness/being to a pure state within the infinite.

We're having a discussion at Gypsy Garden (Lori-ann's), if you'd like to join us :)

Love,
Ang

erik

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 04:07:58 PM »
From Don Juan: Churches are monuments to self-importance. :)
What that might mean?

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 10:18:41 PM »
out here where I live,
SI means Sacred Ibis

nichi

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 11:27:23 PM »
out here where I live,
SI means Sacred Ibis

After years of working in the psych hospitals, "SI" is ingrained in my brain as to mean "suicidal ideation".

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 02:01:48 AM »
From Don Juan: Churches are monuments to self-importance. :)
What that might mean?

I guess that would depend on how much stock I have in the validity of the entity, "don Juan".   

I see a church as a structure, a building ... some are beautiful works of art, some are just boxes out in the middle of nowhere.  When we look inside those churches, we see a mix of people.  Self-important?  Sure .... there are SI ppl ... but that is the minority.  The majority are humble, impeccable people making their way through this world, just as we are.  They're doing the Best they Know.

"Churches are monuments to self-importance."  In itself is a self-important, judgmental statement. 

tangerine dream

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 04:11:49 AM »
I think just the idea that you need to go somewhere outside of you to worship or show you believe is what makes it all seem so self important.

Jahn

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 04:37:52 AM »
The majority are humble, impeccable people making their way through this world, just as we are.  They're doing the Best they Know.

They are doing the best they know,right, but that doesn't say that they are impeccable in any sense. To be, or to try to be impeccable is a active action with a intent behind, 99 percent of humanity does not have such an intent stated.

In fact every one is more or less a construction of fragmented personalities and have different compartments to live in. This in comparison with human beings that are whole and live in the face of truth, their truth of their soul. In alignment with the Soul or Higher self.

However, what you may witness is people, humble or not, that are doing their job by to a more or less degree fulfilling the purpose of their lifetime at earth.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 05:52:11 PM by Jamir »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk