Author Topic: Family Flight  (Read 179 times)

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
Family Flight
« on: August 30, 2006, 04:40:08 AM »
I will bringing a certain number of you guys with me on my son Bryan and I's 4th annual Buffalo ceremony in S.Dakota and Minnesota.  Leaving early Fri. a.m. for my favorite and giant plant nursery in Sioux Falls, where he and I always begin our celebration weekend.  A fantastic source of bonsai material for me, by the way.  :)

From there, who knows?  We cast our hearts and free spirits into the wind, set out to serenade a buffalo or three, visit the old yet mysterious family grave site and homestead and, of course, just be two brothers, son and Dad, for a while.  Carrying along my smudge horn, a small power cache, my deer tail witness and Bryans' gal Tracy!  She's a sassy and cute little redhead who always brings an extra flair of enchantment to our adventure.  The WJ's out of town on business this week, so will send her angelwings spirit along with us for safety.  

We'll be listening for yawl in the latesummer wind and wingflaps of a distant bird, or maybe just the soft ring of a nearby yet invisible bell, reminding us of your presence.

Tommy
t2f

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Family Flight
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 08:01:18 AM »
our hearts go with you tom

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 11:15:02 AM »
What a wonderful adventure Tommy, and thank you for taking us along with you! I look forward to your sharing upon return.  :)

Many blessings to each of you for safe and exciting travels, may it be all you hope for and much, much more.

Love, Raven
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

nichi

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »
Tom, how exciting!
Will be thinking of you warming by the fire!!

:)

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 11:23:59 AM »
 :-*
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 02:19:49 PM »
Well, you guys know how things go.  Plans aren't always met when the Spirit has its own designs upon you.  My boys' "help" didn't show so Dad was there with the truck, time and money.  Six round trips through busy city streets at night, in the rain.  What a better way to enjoy the weekend than with two of my favorite people.  We didn't get to Minnesota but an Angus bull across the road from the farm they moved into did just fine.  So we all sang a song to the uninterested big one under the full moon!  What a gas.

But there was a quite unusual turn of events for us, as always.  As we were finishing up on the next to last load I noticed the neighbor house had its' smoke detector going off.  So I walked over to the window to see mostly smoke.  We beat on the door and ended up practically knocking it in until we woke an old fellow either asleep or passed out.  We took him out into the rain, cane and all, and opened a few windows for him.  He burnt the hell outta his rib eye steak but lived to see another day.  And to think the kids wanted to call it quits until the next morning but Dad insisted on making one more run.   :)

We finally went to bed at 3:30 a.m. Saturday, knowing our contact with the world was a little clearer than it had been. 

tom
t2f

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 08:29:25 PM »
Well, you guys know how things go.  Plans aren't always met when the Spirit has its own designs upon you.  My boys' "help" didn't show so Dad was there with the truck, time and money.  Six round trips through busy city streets at night, in the rain.  What a better way to enjoy the weekend than with two of my favorite people.  We didn't get to Minnesota but an Angus bull across the road from the farm they moved into did just fine.  So we all sang a song to the uninterested big one under the full moon!  What a gas.

But there was a quite unusual turn of events for us, as always.  As we were finishing up on the next to last load I noticed the neighbor house had its' smoke detector going off.  So I walked over to the window to see mostly smoke.  We beat on the door and ended up practically knocking it in until we woke an old fellow either asleep or passed out.  We took him out into the rain, cane and all, and opened a few windows for him.  He burnt the hell outta his rib eye steak but lived to see another day.  And to think the kids wanted to call it quits until the next morning but Dad insisted on making one more run.   :)

We finally went to bed at 3:30 a.m. Saturday, knowing our contact with the world was a little clearer than it had been. 

tom

:) Your right, Spirit does work in mysterious ways.. saving that man's life shows the flow.

Great work Tommy!

Blessings for you and your walking angels, With Love, Jennifer

(I felt the bull laugh because you thought he was uninterested)
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »
you make me laugh tom... that's the way things go
good job

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 01:16:26 PM »
lol. sounds like you had fun!

cheers  ;D
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk