Author Topic: Stepping on the Path  (Read 89 times)

nichi

Stepping on the Path
« on: September 03, 2006, 02:22:50 AM »
The discussion in the "Daphne" thread about striving for impeccability, etc., just reminded me of something I've always felt.

True, there is a commitment to the path which is required -- a whole giving over. Then it becomes a partnership with Spirit, with Spirit in charge.

The way this has worked for me, and this might go to the issue of impeccability, to some extent: I have something I like to call a "little will", but it is Spirit's will that drives it all. And any time I 'stray', with idiocy and malintent, I get swiftly shown the error of my ways!! So, while I suppose I can choose to be an idiot at times, I don't feel, and haven't felt for a long time, like I have any choice!

And spirit has quite the sense of humor too!

This happened not long after the tree fell on my house, and I was awaiting repairmen with no heat in the house, on a very cold day. The most dramatic example I can think of how I must exhibit integrity in the simplest of things:

Instant Karma

Many years ago, when I opened to a spiritual path, I found that the results of my thoughts and actions began to come almost immediately -- and not so much in a punitive sense, but in a feedback loop so swift, my own head has spun at times.   In particular, I seem bound to behave honorably, or impeccably, or get shown the error of my ways pronto. In many ways, it's like a constant conversation with Spirit.   And one is better off in these conversations if one can laugh at self.

Case in point:

I waited for lunch to begin at 11am at a nearby fast-food place (Hardee's ---  don't know if you have them where you are...) I drove up there and decided to really stock up, as I hadn't grocery-shopped this week.  So the 12-piece chicken was on my order, as well as a few other things ... enough to last me several days.   I had already waited in line in my car for 15 minutes after I placed my order and got to the cashier, who told me to pull over, and someone would be "with me" soon. I waited for several minutes and got to thinking about how this is fast food? At any rate, impatience took over and I saw no sign of anyone "coming". I decided to get out of my car and go in, perhaps rattling the order a bit to get it faster ---
Ok  ---  to go in and show my arse. 

I've had a problem with the body for the past year, as yet undiagnosed, but I have trouble walking as a result in anything but short steps -- and I get very winded easily.    I mention this to illustrate my horror as the cashier stepped in to tell me: "Your car is rolling...."

YIKES!

There it was, rolling into the 40mph highway, gaining momentum on a decline that was barely visible. Yes -- I had forgotten to pull the emergency brake.

I broke into a sprint you wouldn't believe. I caught my car in the middle of the road, just before it rolled into the ditch. I THANK the cosmos the oncoming traffic hadn't gotten it yet, that no one got hurt, and that I didn't get smacked sprinting out, superwoman-style. 

I ran back into Hardee's to get my food, for heaven's sake --- I must have looked a sight, because a couple of people asked if I was okay . My lungs were bursting and it took a good 30 minutes to stop shaking. I'll know in the morning if I did any damage to me --- but if I didn't, what good news -- I must be better off than I think.   Nonetheless, some time under the comforter with the kitties sounds like a wonderful prospect at the moment. 

But you know, if I hadn't decided to show my arse, none of it would have happened. Talk about your instant karma!~

Talk about Spirit!
I just can't get away with anything, really.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 02:35:37 AM by nichi »

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
Re: Stepping on the Path
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:42:48 AM »
I agree with you on the karma thing and yet I'm not so sure spirit really had to do anything. Like you said "you " forgot to pull the break and no doubt that you forgot because, as you said you where in the state of mind to be an "ars". Impatience took over and you forgot.  :D
Maybe it was just the spirit of impatience. Still case in point well made, cheers to the spirit of impeccability.
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk