Author Topic: Go the way of love  (Read 250 times)

nichi

Go the way of love
« on: September 07, 2006, 03:00:10 PM »

When you lose your
appetite for food, you'll

be given other nourishment.  There's well-being that is not
bodily and beings

that live on fragrance.  Don't worry about losing animal
energy.  Go the way of love

and ask provisions.  Love more the star region reflected,
less the moving medium.

Rumi

Do you think it's true?

niamhspark

Re: Go the way of love
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 03:58:14 PM »
If I understand it right per the poem as a whole, yes.

We serve as a reflection of something else, Spirit. We're all a part of it, and the reflection of Creation can be seen in the world. Losing the appetite for food, or animal energy is more succumbing to the desires of the world, getting lost in what we 'see.' Paying attention to the reflection, but not seeing the bigger picture which is involved in the whole. So by looking to Love, you see the Bigger Picture, and the creative aspect. People who do recognize this, have their eyes on this, don't fear as strongly and find peace more. They wont 'starve,' because they learn to feed on something else, and love becomes that nourishment.

Taimi

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 04:03:58 PM »
Losing appetite for food really actually happens  :)
It just seems so pointless to eat every day.

erik

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 04:43:10 PM »
Do you think it's true?

I'd guess the trick is in becoming a split being or accepting being one. Yes, there are times of overwhelming feelings and emotions. Yet there is a part in the split being that remains always cool, calm and untouched.

So following Love is about being several equal beings simultaneously.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 04:13:37 AM by nichi »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 08:35:28 PM »

We serve as a reflection of something else, Spirit. We're all a part of it, and the reflection of Creation can be seen in the world. Losing the appetite for food, or animal energy is more succumbing to the desires of the world, getting lost in what we 'see.' Paying attention to the reflection, but not seeing the bigger picture which is involved in the whole. So by looking to Love, you see the Bigger Picture, and the creative aspect. People who do recognize this, have their eyes on this, don't fear as strongly and find peace more. They wont 'starve,' because they learn to feed on something else, and love becomes that nourishment.

Niamh said it very well imo...
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 11:08:59 PM »
As you are all aware all Sufi word use has several different layers of hidden meaning which become accessible as your understanding evolves...

You'll notice that, for all the interpretations Bahá'u'lláh gives of the meaning of "all food," none is the simple, obvious answer about camel meat which can be found in numerous books about and commentaries on the Qur'an; Bahá'u'lláh is apparently concerned with revealing only divine teachings here, perhaps leaving the obvious and concrete interpretations of scripture to others. So the other theme one can infer is how manifold are the meanings of Scripture, as Bahá'u'lláh points out in the _Kitáb-i-Íqán_, pp. 254-255: "It is evident unto thee that the Birds of Heaven and Doves of Eternity speak a twofold language...None apprehendeth the meaning of these utterances except them whose hearts are assured, whose souls have found favour with God, and whose minds are detached from all else but Him

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 01:03:07 AM »
Do you think it's true?

Yes!

Yes!
Tiotits explaination is very important, it is like another Rumi poem:

God has said, "The images that come with human language do not correspond to me,
but those who love words must use them to come near."
Just remember, it's
like saying of the king, "He is not a weaver." Is that praise? Whatever such

a statement is, words are on that level of God-knowing

--------
On my level of under-standing i would say it is about, how as we become detached from the desires of the body and our values become revalued so that the spiritual is more important, thus we loss appetite for food. Then when these baser desires are lost our inner being has room to wake up. It is about giving the soul more than short grazing spans to Breathe.

I think it is also about already having everything we need...

when you close one door another opens...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 01:30:58 AM by Ian »
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

nichi

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 02:39:43 AM »
Thanks Tio and Ian --- your posts are very evocative, and I will be contemplating them for a while...
I'm not much familiar with Bahai ... thanks for the reference to Bahá'u'lláh, Tio, it opens yet another door!

Here's what I'm wondering.
Let's say one has become disabled --  in a wheelchair, for example. S/he's still able to partake in the beauty of the earth, and even comes close to it , but some concerns of the physical (and tonal) are now a thing of memory. Is it possible to live more and more in the spiritual, and the nagual, and less in the body? Is such a life a half-life? And what of the ones who thrive and extend all the more, perhaps even in compensation for their physical limitations? Are they existing on the nourishment of the different kind?

nichi

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 04:08:47 AM »

Well said indeed, N!

nichi

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 04:13:02 AM »
Gangster:

I'd guess the trick is in becoming a split being or accepting being one. Yes, there are times of overwhelming feelings and emotions. Yet there is a part in the split being that remains always cool, calm and untouched.

Yes! Feet in many worlds!

erik

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 05:16:59 AM »
Gangster:
Yes! Feet in many worlds!

Think so?

nichi

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 05:51:34 AM »
Think so?

As a matter of fact yes,  I was concurring with what you said here:

erik

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 06:03:48 AM »
As a matter of fact yes,  I was concurring with what you said

I asked because it is a very tricky thing - to feel and not feel that feeling that takes the appetite, simultaneously. As if you could slip in and out of it at will, whereas feeling and not feeling are both love.

Does not make much sense, does it?

Taimi

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 02:57:02 PM »
Here's what I'm wondering.
Let's say one has become disabled --  in a wheelchair, for example. S/he's still able to partake in the beauty of the earth, and even comes close to it , but some concerns of the physical (and tonal) are now a thing of memory. Is it possible to live more and more in the spiritual, and the nagual, and less in the body? Is such a life a half-life? And what of the ones who thrive and extend all the more, perhaps even in compensation for their physical limitations? Are they existing on the nourishment of the different kind?

If i were disabled i would try to find out first what is the reason for it. And i don't mean the physical reason. Things don't happen just like that and it's not a normal condition to be disabled. I would take it as a sign to examine myself and my attidudes.

What do you mean by living in the spiritual?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 04:27:53 PM by Rubina »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk