Author Topic: Wolf  (Read 264 times)

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
Wolf
« on: September 16, 2008, 03:18:22 AM »
I saw a wolf this weekend. It was in a place where they feed bears. The young wolf comes to eat there sometimes. Me and another person were sitting in a small cabin, built for watching animals. It's about three meters high.

Too bad, this wolf wont live long, because it's an orphan. It's mother was shot and father hit by car. So it has to grow on his on and the forest man said that nothing good comes out of it, when he doesn't get proper education. It will be shot by hunters anytime soon.

Cute little wolf, almost like a dog. Didn't look wild at all. He seems to look towards us, probably he felt or heard something suspicious. Normally wolfs don't come there, they are too cautious. I suppose he was too young and stupid.

tangerine dream

Re: Wolf
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 03:30:58 AM »
Normally wolfs don't come there, they are too cautious. I suppose he was too young and stupid.

I see him as curious, maybe scared  and perhaps a bit naive...
(I am trying to find away around the offendedness I feel toward a Wolf being called stupid.  ::) )

Wolves are usually pretty smart animals and I would think that even an orphan would have enough natural survival instincts to help him survive. 

Isn't he just too cute?
 :-* 

Thanks for Sharing T
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 03:41:31 AM by dust »

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 04:03:04 AM »
You may as well replace the word "stupid" with "inexperienced" if that makes you feel better ::)

I see him as curious, maybe scared  and perhaps a bit naive...
(I am trying to find away around the offendedness I feel toward a Wolf being called stupid.  ::) )

Wolves are usually pretty smart animals and I would think that even an orphan would have enough natural survival instincts to help him survive. 

tangerine dream

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 04:22:31 AM »
You may as well replace the word "stupid" with "inexperienced" if that makes you feel better ::)

heh
Thanks, I did.

I wonder what it would be like to be that close to a wolf in the wild.  I've been close to many wild animals, deer, moose,  bears, lots of coyotes, even a cougar once,  :o but only ever had the pleasure of visiting Wolf in dreaming.

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 04:25:34 AM »
Too bad, this wolf wont live long, because it's an orphan. It's mother was shot and father hit by car. So it has to grow on his on and the forest man said that nothing good comes out of it, when he doesn't get proper education. It will be shot by hunters anytime soon.

So who is the Seer?  You or the forest man?
Other is.  Self must struggle to exist.

- Brian George

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 04:38:43 AM »
So who is the Seer?  You or the forest man?

What's your point? I just said what the forest man talked about. Isn't that obvious?

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 04:43:06 AM »
I wonder what it would be like to be that close to a wolf in the wild. 

First when it showed up, i felt a little bit adrenaline, but it passed quikly. Then we were just watching and taking photos. He went away very soon. I think the feeling would have been different if i had met a wolf suddenly somewhere in the forest, while walking. Sitting in that cabin kind of cut me off from the nature.

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 05:14:07 AM »
What's your point? I just said what the forest man talked about. Isn't that obvious?

You said
this wolf wont live long
, and that
it will be shot by hunters anytime soon

- so obviously you saw his fate, or he did.  Or perhaps you are too young and stupid to realize what was happening, or what you were even saying.  It's ok, we've all been there - the question is how deeply can you realize that you never leave there - and how much will you miss because of your failure to do so.

- Brian George

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 05:26:18 AM »
Well, i just said what the man said  ::) He saw the wolfs fate from his perspective. The wolf goes to places where he is exposed to humans and it's easy to shoot him.

Of cource my first thought was, that why would he say this so certainly. He might have a chance to get away and he doesn't have to die. Maybe by some magical shance he will escape... even though it's against all the odds (from a human perspective). Or maybe he has enough power to not go to the wrong places at a wrong time. Or maybe he will move to some other area.

Yeah, my mistake for not expressing myself clearly enough.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:30:26 AM by Taimyr »

nichi

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 05:31:09 AM »

Beautiful fellow, T! His fur looks pretty good -- looks like he's doing okay in his orphanhood. Though it was no doubt a mistake to come so close to you all.
Thanks for sharing the experience! I'll keep a good thought that he will grow craftier, and elude the hunters.

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
Re: Wolf pack
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 06:15:25 AM »
Yeah, my mistake for not expressing myself clearly enough.

You dont learn unless you make mistakes.  It would have been better if you had realized your questions at that time, when you could have asked the forest man.  Now you have lost that opportunity.  If you have truly learned from this mistake, when the next opportunity presents itself - you will have more of a chance to use it.

Perhaps the wolf made a mistake by coming close to you, or perhaps he was sent by forces much greater than you or I .. to teach you something special.  We will not learn from anything if we assume we already know.

That is why it is so key to realize the unknowable.. rather than simply uncovering the unknown.  That is why DJ makes a distinction between the seer and the sorcerer.

- Brian George

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 06:48:08 AM »
I thought about it quite conciously when he talked about it. But why would i ask him these questions? He is a normal human and it's normal for him to think that way. Why would i want to change anything in that? Humans can have their normal life, i wont interrupt.

He would have said something rational probably. But in spring I have the chance to ask how did it go. 

Talking about mistakes... are there mistakes?

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 06:53:37 AM »
But why would i ask him these questions? He is a normal human and it's normal for him to think that way. Why would i want to change anything in that? Humans can have their normal life, i wont interrupt.

Well...

Talking about mistakes... are there mistakes?

which way do you want it? 

Interrupted or not?

- Brian George

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 07:09:10 AM »
which way do you want it? 

Interrupted or not?

I'm kind of slow again... what's your point?

Are you asking me if you can interrupt in my life?  ;D

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
Re: Wolf den
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 07:32:28 AM »
Are there mistakes?  It depends on certain things.

For instance, someone assumes that they will keep breathing over and over, they do not think that perhaps their next breath will not come at all, that they will simply die right then and there (maybe from an aneurysm or some other sudden event) - they would say to themselves, "Oh! I do not know, but I must not think of such things, that would cause me to be filled with complications, and I cannot deal with it - I just want to be comfortable." 

While another person does not assume they will keep breathing, they think that perhaps their next breath will not come at all, they they might simply die right then and there - they would say to themselves "Oh! I do not know, so I must think of such things, because that would cause me to realize every moment is infinitely precious, and I have no time to waste - I must live each moment to the fullest." 

So which one is the mistake?  It depends on your aim.  It depends on what you want.  It depends on your objective.  Do you want to be comfortable in your routines, secure in your day-to-day life?  Or do you want to live each moment to the fullest, and be free to do as you wish?

You assume the forest man is a normal human, that it is normal for him to think that way.  You cannot learn from him, for you assume you already know him.  Is that a mistake?  It depends on your aim.  It depends on what you want.  It depends on your objective.

- Brian George

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk