Author Topic: Power vs. Force  (Read 38 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Power vs. Force
« on: January 24, 2009, 02:30:28 AM »
(Article written by a friend this morning.. thought Id share...she holds a weekly gathering each week and then writes an article in the morning in light of the discussion for the following week)

We often think that force is power but they are two very different things. Force comes with aggression, anger and a push to control a situation or person to conform to what we think we need at the time. Power comes from the loving, peaceful place within that allows life to be experienced whatever way it shows up. It isn’t about taking someone else’s power away but more about being empowered.

Most of us know that push that sometimes arises in us when things are not going as we wish. We try to force things to go our way, or control another person so that our own beliefs can be validated and in the end so that we will feel comfortable. But the more we try to force something, to control it, what happens? It usually gets much worse and we are even less happy than when we started. If we want a job so badly that we try to force things to comply with this desire, we can become nervous, too aggressive and not be showing our true self throughout the process. This “trying too hard” could affect the outcome of the process. But if we come from that relaxed, peaceful place within, if we feel empowered.

We think that controlling things will create for us what we desire, but most times it has the opposite effect and makes things worse. When we feel ourselves pushing, trying to control or force things, it is the perfect time to look inside at why we need to use force. What belief are we trying to protect and defend with this control? Trace the feelings and thoughts back to the belief. Is this belief still valuable to us? Or is it time to question it and perhaps let it go if it is no longer useful?

There is no better way to clear the emotions that are connected to beliefs that no longer serve us than to take our daily experiences and be aware of what is going on inside and how we are allowing our beliefs to dictate how we react.

Force is aggressive, angry, controlling, desperate, needy.

Power is peaceful, loving, compassionate, acceptance.

This week take a look at any experiences where you might be trying to force things to happen, or control other people. Be aware of how you are feeling and follow it back to what belief is attached to the feeling. Question the belief. Is it true? Do you need to believe this any longer? Can you see the truth of who you are and let go of the belief that keeps you from feeling the love, peace and tranquility within?

The power is in the peace you feel within.

BM 2009
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:33:35 AM by Sky »
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

tangerine dream

Re: Power vs. Force
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 07:32:06 AM »
 :)
Very Nice!  Thanks

The power is in the peace you feel within.

Jahn

Re: Power vs. Force
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 05:09:46 AM »
If we want a job so badly that we try to force things to comply with this desire, we can become nervous, too aggressive and not be showing our true self throughout the process. This “trying too hard” could affect the outcome of the process. But if we come from that relaxed, peaceful place within, if we feel empowered.

We think that controlling things will create for us what we desire, but most times it has the opposite effect and makes things worse.

In School we talk about domination and dominion, where domination would be force and dominion the same as power. We seek dominion - not domination. My own word is "Initiative", we really want to have the initiative in all different situations. In plain energy terms that is the same as being offered a choice. If you lack power - life will not present to you any great choices.

For example, three years ago my parents were on the verge to sell their summerhouse to a exwife of my brother and her partner. As some of you know that place is a gem and I simply could not let that happen. So I took the initiative and managed so my brothers and I bought the place instead.

Was that an easy operation? I would say no. The first comment from my parents were that I was intruding and was asking the ex harsh questions. I know my brothers ex and we have had our own friendship long ago before she got married with my brother so I had no problem with her but my parents had to get some time before they understood and felt that from now on I was in charge and that my purpose was to see that the house became our property. It was a typical case where force would not have worked but where Power and Intent made the job.

Now in The Toltec School we also make alliterations with the River. Our free will is like to be a fish in the river because the river is our natural flow and each shore represents our limited space that we have work within, and live with, during this lifetime. If we would like to force things it is like swimming upstream, that will require much more energy and give less results, we will not go that far as compared if we flow with our Source and swim in the same direction as the river flows.

j.m.r
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 05:23:02 AM by Jamir »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk