Author Topic: Hololeaps of Faith  (Read 80 times)

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Hololeaps of Faith
« on: March 13, 2009, 05:52:23 AM »
Recently speaking on quantum leaps. Thats what they really are is leaps of faith:

~~~~~

From The Holographic Universe,

Hololeaps of Faith

~The events that befell Musa raise an important question. If musa had known about the fate she had predicted for herself, would  she have been able to avoid it? Put another way, is the future frozen and completely predetermined, or can it be changed. At first blush, the existence of precognitive phenomena seems to indicate that the former is the case, but in this would be a very disturbing state of affairs. If the future is a hologram whose every detail is already fixed, it means that we have no free will. We are all just puppets of destiny moving mindlessly thru a script that has already been written.

Fortunately the evidence overwhelmingly indicates this is not the case. The literature is filled with examples of people who were able to use thier precognitive glimpses of the future to avoid disasters, instances in which individuals correctly foresaw the crash of a plane and avoided death by not getting on, or had a vision of their chidren being drowned in a flood and moved them out of harms way just in the nick of time. There are nineteen documented cases of people who had precognitive glimpses of the sinking Titanic,-- some were experienced by passengers who paid attention to their premonisions and survived, some were experienced by passengers who ignored their forebodings and drowned, and some were experienced by individuals who were not in either of the two categories." ~Holographic universe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The point of the novel is the future is never set until occurs, but also, as there are many jewels on indras net, I believe there are many various replicas on the net, with different visions, of opportunity where we can transfer our attentions and make leaps of faith. But we have to 'see' it, thus why I say hooking on attention on the positive is the only way we can really 'see it.'

"We are what we think, our thoughts make our world." ~Buddha
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 06:18:40 AM by Lady Urania »
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
Re: Hololeaps of Faith
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 06:21:51 AM »
by constance rodrigues:

"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

erik

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 06:39:04 PM »

That is a quote that various New Agers have used to justify their beliefs and existence in illusions.

If I thought that I can fly and stepped out of the window, what would happen?
I would probably be squashed several floors below.
Thus, my thoughts would not make me fly.

Thus, what did Buddha mean by this statement? What is the core thought behind it?

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 07:53:23 PM »
He was speaking of our inner world, and how our reactions to what we see, or how we think about it, creates and affects, our inner world.

erik

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 09:53:37 PM »

He was speaking of our inner world, and how our reactions to what we see, or how we think about it, creates and affects, our inner world.

I'd propose one more possible interpretation - thought does shape the external world as well (to paraphrase Kris Raphael).

Your view fits with it - we think (which is a mental reflection of what we perceive) and then our thoughts also condition our perception. Perception subsequently outlines the world as it is for us.

Thus, to change the world, we need to change perception, and to change perception, thoughts must change. Most pure/direct perception of the world occurs when the rational mind does not interfere with it. It occurs in silence.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:56:47 PM by 829th »

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 05:19:21 AM »
I'd propose one more possible interpretation - thought does shape the external world as well (to paraphrase Kris Raphael).

Your view fits with it - we think (which is a mental reflection of what we perceive) and then our thoughts also condition our perception. Perception subsequently outlines the world as it is for us.

Thus, to change the world, we need to change perception, and to change perception, thoughts must change. Most pure/direct perception of the world occurs when the rational mind does not interfere with it. It occurs in silence.

What do you think?

Id say its speaking the same thing.

Yes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk