Author Topic: Earth Medicine by Jamie Sams  (Read 316 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Earth Medicine by Jamie Sams
« on: March 25, 2009, 10:06:41 PM »
Ancestors way of harmony for many moons.

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Hearing the Totems
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 10:08:22 PM »
Hearing the Totems
Jamie Sams

Earth Medicine pg. 146

In ancient times, our legends say that the creatures spoke to human beings. It is not clear to modern-day humans whether this was metaphor or not. The skeptic would assure us that it was a fairytale legend. How can it be explained to the pseudo-intellectual, that hearing comes from knowing many different kinds of languages and ways to listen?

We can hear the animal's voices when they are wounded, their screams reflecting agony and pain. In any nature biologists field recordings, we can hear the difference in their mating calls and their warning calls. Human beings can mimic the creatures voices and hunters can bring them to any area with replicas of the these sounds. The totem call is different thought; the messages are silent.

The totems consciousness is the essential spirit of the entire tribe of that species. It cannot be heard with the ears; it is a living spirit that aligns with a human being and speaks to that person's inner knowing. Some may hear it as a voice in their own minds, while others feel the messages form as emotions that urge them to follow a certain path. Some people hear their totems through seeing visions. To invalidate the message, or the way we perceive it, is to ignore the language of the totems. Messages from the totems have to be experienced firsthand; otherwise, it is merely a myth to anyone who has forgotten how to hear Spirit.
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Loves all Things
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:05:45 AM »
Loves all Things

Jamie Sams
Earth Medicine p. 192

Mother, show me how love
Beyond my human fear;
Teach me all the joys of life
Beyond the veil of tears.

Let me find the pleasure of
A lover's gentle hands;
Let me know the wisdom of
Respect without demands.

Oh, Keeper of Forgiveness,
Teach me how to see
Beyond the petty judgments,
Supporting human dignity.

I will learn your Medicine
Of Mother, lover, friend,
Teaching others how to love
And broken hearts to mend.

Loves All Things, the clan mother of the 7th moon, reminds us that love is a many-faceted jewel that gives humans

the strength they need to meet the challenges of life. Cherishing one another, and working through all of the barriers

we have created that keep us from loving unconditionally, is a lifetime's work. When we show our willingness to

stretch and to go to the next level of life's dance with others, we grow. This act of cooperation- the equal desire to

grow in unity-is foundation for unbridled creation. Desire is the first step of Creation. If we desire and imagine a loving

environment, we invite it to manifest in our lives.

tangerine dream

Re: Earth Medicine by Jamie Sams
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 02:43:06 AM »
 ;D

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Intimacy with the Natural World
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 10:02:26 PM »
Intimacy with the Natural World

Jamie Sams
Earth Medicine p. 23

The Red Race has lived in intimacy with the natural world for all its time. Those who still live with nature, in the manner that creates this imtimate bond, can taste the wind and monitor the migrations of the creatures. These human beings notice every subtle change in the atomosphere, the way a sensitive woman knows and responds to her lover's hands. There is no separation between the movements of the natural world and the sensory responses invoked in a human being who has come to this intimate understanding of Oneness.

If we learn to trust our senses and to respond to the quiet imput of those messages in our consciousness, we can perceive countless subtle indications of change. This kind of intimacy is a valued skill, learned through many trial-and-error experiences. When we master the responses inside of ourselves, learning to trust our senses, the languages of the unspoken inner knowing come alive. This skill can be applied to all areas of our lives. The key to achieving this type of inner awareness comes through intimacy. When we are intimately connected with every reaction and response inside our bodies, while being totally still and silent, new worlds open to us. Is it time for you to trust the responses of your perceptions?

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Worshiping Self Importance
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 10:19:20 PM »
Worshiping Self Importance

Jamie Sams
Earth Medicine p. 82

Those who seek to be glorified, adored, and set upon a pedestal have not yet discovered that it is ultimately a boring and lonely place. When one is no longer allowed to be human, fallible and feeling the end result is disaster. When the falseself image or godlike status is shattered, only emptiness and degradation are allowed to remain.

The real adepts of our world have chosen to remain humble, self effacing, and beautifully human. They walk gently on the earth mother, embracing the love of simply being. Their desire to experience, and to show compassion, is the essence that fires and fuels their passion for life.

Weighs the Truth, the clan mother of the third moon, shows us how easily we can become products of our own self importance. This crooked trail haunts history. The pitfalls are many. One of the final lessons of human wholeness is found in how people learn to handle fame. Whether the congnition is large or small, the effects of fame can lead to false self image. Has any drive for fame thwarted your ability to see yourself? Have you mentally held yourself above others? Have you put someone on a pedistal, disallowing the validity of your sacred point of view. Authentic humility and compassion can bring balance.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Heart Drum
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »
Heart Drum

Jamie Sams
Earth Medicine p. 193

When we have made our desire for union known by reclaiming our passion for life, the drums of our hearts call out to others. When we find joy in commonplace, meeting each day with genuine excitement, others are drawn to us. The gift of a positive point of veiw is a sure magnet that creates a curiousity in others who want to discover that kind of happiness. The heart drum is playing a melody that cannot be denied when there is lightness in our steps and a twinkle in our eyes.

The Ancestors called this state of being Walking in Beauty. When a person walks through life in this joyous manner, he or she has found union with the self and can share that love with others. That person's heart drum will call to others who can recognize the spirit of the happy heart's song.

When we are down, we can change our hearts sad melody by finding things to admire and appreciate about our lives. By changing our viewpoint to gratitude, we will not draw negative people to us. Our heart drum cannot call sad or miserable souls to us when it is full of praise.

tangerine dream

Re: Earth Medicine by Jamie Sams
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 10:28:06 PM »
 :-*

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Reason
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 10:04:57 PM »
Reason

Jamie Sams
Earth Medicine p 69

OUR REASON WILL NEVER DECIPHER THAT WHICH OUR HEARTS CANNOT UNDERSTAND.

Using our gifts of intellect, reasoning ability and deduction is not enough when we are observing the Mystery of Life. There are many things happening in our world that may seem like miracles to those who have not experienced them. When we experience the wonders of life firsthand, we feel it to the core of our beings. These personal experiences may defy rational explanation. It is certain, however, that when we walk through that experience we know and feel our certainty because our hearts understand. No one can ever take that away from us.

Is it time to review how your head may have controlled your heart, creating self-doubt instead of certainty?

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Weighing the Force of Intent
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 10:07:35 PM »
Weighing the Force of Intent

Jamie Sams
Earth Medicine p. 83

The young men were learning to hunt with their bows and arrows. The finest archer in the tribe was teaching them the techniques that would bring food to the people. The old hunter told the boys about a strange guidance system that he counted as the secret to his success. He made is own arrows and crafted them with love. He then pricked his finger with his knife, putting one tiny drop of blood on each arrow while he silently placed his intent inside of his creations.

The boys looked curious. What was the intent the Old One placed in his magical arrows? They did not have to wait long before the hunter told them.

"I return thanks to the Great Mystery for the creatures who will bring food to my family. I ask that my arrows be guided, making clean and painless kill. Finally, I place the drop of my blood on each arrow to represent the bond of red blood that I share with my four-legged brothers, and the winged ones, who offer their bodies as food so our people may life. I show my gratitude to the Creator for guiding my hands and these arrows before I ever place on in a bow. That is how I know how far to draw my bowstring back. My honorable intent gives my arrows a strength of their own. My bow is never drawn all the way back. Using too much force would destroy the sacred intent my arrows already carry."

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Savage Passion
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 10:09:15 PM »
Savage Passion

Jamie Sams
Earth Medicine p. 196

Buried deep in the heart of every human is a savage, wanton passion for life. To love and to be loved, to go beyond survival and to embrace life to its fullest-these are the primal drives of the heart that allow us to continue, even in the face of opposition. The feelings have to become suppressed in so many humans that the passion of primal, loving instinct has almost come to extinction in many sophisticated nations. Some call this passion animalistic. The Ancestors called it the Force behind Divine Creation. Today's pilgrims of life's road can choose to give another name- love.

Loves All Things, the clan mother of the 7th moon, shows us the pitfalls of losing the wanton, savage passion for life. She reminds us that complacency has replaced our love of life every time we believe that our lives cannot be improved. We forget how many times we have compromised parts of our personal aspirations and dreams. By not loving ourselves enough to keep the dream alive, we have lost trust in our personal abilities, rejecting our tenacity and strength. When our dreams are whittled away, the raw passion of creative force disappears in fragments, mirroring every part of our life dreams that we have denied.

It may be time to love yourself enough to reclaim those lost parts of your dream and reawaken your savage, wanton passion for life.

tangerine dream

Re: Reason
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 10:54:08 PM »
Reason
These personal experiences may defy rational explanation. It is certain, however, that when we walk through that experience we know and feel our certainty because our hearts understand. No one can ever take that away from us.

Is it time to review how your head may have controlled your heart, creating self-doubt instead of certainty?

Ha!
I was jut thinking about this last night, wondering if and how I would word it, should I decide to formulate a post on the subject.

Thanks Jen

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Re: Savage Passion
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 04:38:24 AM »
I like this one, thanks Jen-Raven-Sky  :-*

Savage Passion

Jamie Sams
Earth Medicine p. 196

Buried deep in the heart of every human is a savage, wanton passion for life. To love and to be loved, to go beyond survival and to embrace life to its fullest-these are the primal drives of the heart that allow us to continue, even in the face of opposition. The feelings have to become suppressed in so many humans that the passion of primal, loving instinct has almost come to extinction in many sophisticated nations. Some call this passion animalistic. The Ancestors called it the Force behind Divine Creation. Today's pilgrims of life's road can choose to give another name- love.

Loves All Things, the clan mother of the 7th moon, shows us the pitfalls of losing the wanton, savage passion for life. She reminds us that complacency has replaced our love of life every time we believe that our lives cannot be improved. We forget how many times we have compromised parts of our personal aspirations and dreams. By not loving ourselves enough to keep the dream alive, we have lost trust in our personal abilities, rejecting our tenacity and strength. When our dreams are whittled away, the raw passion of creative force disappears in fragments, mirroring every part of our life dreams that we have denied.

It may be time to love yourself enough to reclaim those lost parts of your dream and reawaken your savage, wanton passion for life.

"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Intuition's Legacy
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 09:35:45 PM »
Intuition's Legacy

Jamie Sams
Earth Medicine p.232

There is a place inside us
Where we feel what we know
If we act on that intuition

Doors open, urging us to grow
The legacy if inner knowing
Comes from Great Mystery's grace
Learning to trust these feelings
Is a talent we develop and embrace
Ultimate trust of the Self
And inspiration's guiding light
Allows humankind to develop
The rare gifts of second sight

When we embrace growth potential
Feeling- with all that we are-
Then the legacy of intuition
Allows us to reach for the stars
Nothing outreaches our senses
Nothing is too hard to attain
We serve the truth through healing
The limitations our minds contain

Intuition is born from reflecting
All the senses that we can feel
Then the implicitly trusting that knowing
Gives the guidance that allows us to heal.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Healing our Defense Mechanisms
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »
Healing our Defense Mechanisms

Jamie Sams
Earth Medicine p. 233

Timber Bear was always complaining about the way he never seemed to be able to find a woman who wanted to  be his mate, showing the observer his feelings of inadequacy. At other times, he was known to expound upon the multitude of needed requirements of any woman who would have the honor of being his wife, revealing his puffed up, yet fragile sense of self-importance.

One day Timber Bear's wise father took him aside and had a talk with his confused son. He told Timber Bear that his loneliness was self created. His father explained that women avoid men who refuse to see the inner beauty in other people, seeing only the physical body or social graces. The man who looks for ultimate perfection in a woman shows the world that he is deeply wounded, having no real sense of who he is as a man. If a man knows who he is, and what he is about, he can acknowledge his strengths and his faults with equal humility. When a man has healed his insecurities, there is no need to have the perfect woman to fill in what he feels is lacking in himself. He can love others for who they are-not for how they look or what they do.

Timber Bear's father waited for his words to sink in, then he spoke from this heart. "My son, all human beings use any method they can to defend the hurt places inside themselves, but it is the use of those same defenses that keep people from healing. You cannot shoot arrows into the world through your words and attitudes without hitting other wounded people who will equally defend their hurt with arrows of their own."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk