Author Topic: The Void  (Read 26 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
The Void
« on: May 16, 2009, 11:46:58 PM »
<<Written by friend of mine>>

We think that one of our biggest fears is of dying, but in truth it is nothingness or annihilation that induces the most fear. The void we often feel is that nothingness. No-thing-ness. We are not our bodies. Who we really are goes far beyond our physical presence in the world. We are the void and the void is emptiness and fullness all in one.

We often feel the void, but we mistake it for an emptiness or lack that needs to be filled because we are afraid of the feeling of emptiness, the limitless universe of which we are a part. It is the feeling of emptiness we have around the area of our solar plexus. It feels to us like an aching or a longing but it is the fear that causes the aching. Once beyond it we feel the freedom of the void.

Sometimes, we use food, alcohol or people as ways to fill this void that we feel. But the more we try to fill it the emptier it feels. This is because it is not meant to be filled but to be felt fully as a part of who we are.

As we do this inner work, clearing away the issues, pain and barriers, and connect more to our love and peace within, we can feel the void more clearly. It is one of the scariest experiences if we don’t understand what is really going on. We can mistake it for a bad thing but, in fact, it is the best thing that can happen because it is a good indication that we are on the right track.

We begin to feel the void very strongly and it scares us, causing us go looking for ways to fill it or avoid it all together. This is when we are temped to return to our old distractions for comfort. Being aware of what we are feeling and what we are doing can help us to focus on allowing ourselves to get past the fear so that we can feel the void in its fullness. 

When we begin to feel the void, if we can allow ourselves to be with it, to feel it fully along with whatever emotions, namely fear that arise with it, we will be able to let go of many beliefs that keep us stuck in a place of pain, unhappiness, fear or anger.

We expand into the void, the vast nothingness that exists beyond our perception and our human bodies to our source of love, peace. We are free of all pain when we allow ourselves to feel the void. It is limitless and infinite and this is who we really are.

The Void

I feel the void

The vastness of it

This great emptiness

It is mine

I have been afraid of it for too long

Longed for someone to fill it

But now, alone, I embrace it

I feel it fully in me

It can be bigger than me,

Consume me

Or I can feel the love,

Bigger than this void,

Expanding my heart

As it opens gently

To everything around me

BG
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk