Author Topic: Man of Knowledge  (Read 101 times)

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Man of Knowledge
« on: June 11, 2009, 01:44:21 AM »
"Only a crackpot would undertake the task of becoming a man of knowledge of his own accord. A sober-headed man has to be tricked into doing it. There are scores of people who would gladly undertake the task, but those don’t count. They are usually cracked. They are like gourds that look fine from the outside and yet they would leak the minute you put pressure on them, the minute you filled them with water." ~CC

Does this mean that all men of knowledge, real ones, were tricked along the way into becoming what they were?
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Jahn

Re: Man of Knowledge
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 03:15:43 AM »
"Only a crackpot would undertake the task of becoming a man of knowledge of his own accord. A sober-headed man has to be tricked into doing it. There are scores of people who would gladly undertake the task, but those don’t count. They are usually cracked. They are like gourds that look fine from the outside and yet they would leak the minute you put pressure on them, the minute you filled them with water." ~CC

Does this mean that all men of knowledge, real ones, were tricked along the way into becoming what they were?

Don Juan was a product of an ancient tradition. For many hundred years the knowledge and training had to be kept secret and each lineage did choose their apprentices on basis of omens. 

So was for instance Nagual Julian chosen when he had sex with a woman in the bushes while his personal death was circling above him. Don Juan on the other hand was found almost dead in a ditch by Don Julian and his group. After the preliminary healing Don Julian fooled Juan Matus about the real circumstances.  Years later Don Juan escaped the Nagual’s group only to find himself in deepest poverty with a woman and her children. So he returned.

To be hit by the lightening  :o has always been a good omen when chosen apprentices.

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 03:49:36 AM »
Thanks Jahn. How about this, what really is responsible for the 'lightning' and the omens. Saying 'spirit' seems so simple. Like im here, cause michael had some 'omen' and others the same too.

So what is the basis of the omen you think?
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 03:50:47 AM »
Which Im not the only one, as stated, here cause of some omen. I never was 'told' what the omen was, just there was one, so I find it kinda interesting you mentioned it.

Jahn

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 04:49:08 AM »

So what is the basis of the omen you think?

Omens emanates from the Spirit. And omens are given to the one that can acknowledge them. Omens is one way of keeping in alignment with our Source.

I remember the Bee that you encountered in your car when you where at a book store. That was a good omen to your direction of the path. Bees are very tidy, sober, social, and in good order.

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
  • Destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 05:29:58 AM »

I do feel that all real men & women of knowledge are "tricked" onto the path in one way or another.  The "intellectual" approach to becoming a man of knowledge is rather like the "logical" path toward magick.  Doesn't work 9 times out of 10.

So... we're tricked onto the path, but once there, we are also hooked and so our Intent begins to manifest at some point so that we find a balance between tonal/nagual.  That razor's edge is "the path."

Without a doubt, in the most phenomenal fashion, I was definitely and irreversibly tricked.  *LOL* 

(No regrets, btw).
"You have to be immortal before you will know how to become immortal."
Quantum Shaman  | Quantum Shaman on Facebook

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 06:25:04 AM »
I wouldnt say I was tricked on the knowledge path, but I do feel I was tricked on the path of the 'weird,' or phenomenal. When I look back at where I was, to where I am now, I definitely am not the same person. Even though its landed me in a CR mess (like my sis the phantom and her ignorance doing what she did), I still have no regrets, cause this path is still what I am. I am the path and the path is me, and its more the real me and even if it means its a bit odd, then I suppose Im odd. But I see others as odd in believing all sorts of things, just doing it, without even having the courage to check history even to see why they believe the things they do. Like I told my sis as I posted, hey, you just fell for something cause of bloodshed, lol. Its true tho, people just believe stuff cause word of mouth, is a powerful tool, and never look 'backward' to see where the word originated, or 'how' something spread.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk