Author Topic: Impeccability  (Read 157 times)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Impeccability
« on: August 23, 2009, 07:07:13 AM »
A warrior is never under siege. To be under siege implies that one has personal possessions that could be blockaded. A warrior has nothing in the world except his impeccability, and impeccability cannot be threatened.

The Eagles Gift
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
Re: Impeccability
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 07:13:20 AM »
Impeccability of the word can lead you to personal freedom, to huge success and abundance; it can take away all fear and transform it into joy and love.

~ Don Miguel Ruiz
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:16:11 AM »
Don't take anything personally because by taking things personally you set yourself up to suffer for nothing. Even the opinions you have about yourself are not necessarily true; therefore, you don't need to take whatever you hear in your own mind personally.

Wherever you go you will find people lying to you, and as your awareness grows, you will notice that you also lie to yourself. Do not expect people to tell you the truth because they also lie to themselves. Even if others lie to you, it is okay. They are lying to you because they are afraid you will discover that they are not perfect. It is painful to take off the social masks.

You have to trust yourself and choose to believe or not to believe what someone says to you. If others say one thing, but do another, you are lying to yourself if you don't listen to their actions.  But if you are truthful with yourself, you will save yourself a lot of emotional pain. Telling yourself the truth may hurt, but you don't need to be attached to the pain.

If someone is not treating you with love and respect, it is a gift if they walk away from you. If that person doesn't walk away, you will surely endure many years of suffering with him or her. Walking away may hurt for a while, but your heart will eventually heal. They you can choose what you really want.

You are never responsible for the actions of others; you are only responsible for you. When you truly understand this, and refuse to take things personally, you can hardly be hurt by the careless comments or actions of others. You can travel around the world with your heart completely open. You can say, "I love you," without fear of being rejected. You can ask for what you need without guilt or self-judgement. You can choose to follow your heart always, and live with inner peace and happiness.

~ Don Miguel Ruiz

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 07:17:37 AM »
Impeccability means "without sin." Religions talk about sin and sinners, but let's understand what it really means to sin. A sin is anything you do which goes against yourself. You go against yourself when you judge or blame or reject yourself.

Self-rejection is one of the biggest sins you can commit. Being impeccable is exactly the opposite. You take responsibility for your actions, but you do not judge, blame, or reject yourself.

Being impeccable with your word means using your energy in the direction of truth and love for yourself. If I see you in the street and I call you stupid, it appears that I'm using the word against you. But really I'm using the word against myself, because you're going to hate me, and your hating me is not good for me. Therefore, if I get angry and with my word send that emotional poison to you, I'm using the word against myself.

If I love myself, I will express that love in my interactions with you, and then I am being impeccable with the word, because that action will produce a like reaction. If I love you, then you will love me. If I insult you, you will insult me. If I'm selfish with you, you will be selfish with me. If I use the word to put a spell on you, you are going to put a spell on me.

You can measure the impeccability of your word by your level of self-love. How much you love yourself and how you feel about yourself is directly proportionate to the quality and integrity of your word. When you speak with integrity, and say exactly what you mean, you are impeccable with your word; you feel good; you feel happy and at peace.

~Don Miguel Ruiz

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 07:19:20 AM »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 10:49:57 AM »
A warrior is never under siege. To be under siege implies that one has personal possessions that could be blockaded. A warrior has nothing in the world except his impeccability, and impeccability cannot be threatened.

The Eagles Gift

This is a critical comment - to never be under siege.

I don't think it's fair to just say it is down to personal possessions. Naturally anything that can be laid siege to, is in itself our vulnerability. But sometimes it is simply the nature of life that we find ourselves under pressure. Not that we are defending something so much as that we are seeking to achieve something, which may be just 'survival in the best of possible ways'.

Still it matters not - one of the first recourses to siege mentality is to look at what we are clinging to - something must be given up. But another recourse is to fight back. To not allow pressures to push us into a corner: we can also attack.

But for me, it is really a mentality issue - a matter of posture. Whenever I feel I am becoming under siege, I have to step back into my time capsule, my own inner sphere of freedom, and realign myself to the deeper purpose and path. This takes a little time - either in a matter of an hour or days and weeks if that is possible. To step outside the 'apparent' siege which pressures are trying to ensnare me in.

Once I have stepped outside, cut through any secretly growing clingings, and realigned my inner rudder, I find I am able to dissolve the siege effortlessly. Sometimes it only takes a cuppa or a sleep, but other times I may have to fight my way out. To fight through though, requires I have escaped internally first.

There are times when I just have to roll up my sleeves and stop being lazy - dig in and get to work!

But the principle remains, siege mentality is draining and incompatible for our real purpose in life. We have to voluntarily and self-generatingly adopt edge. We are not a victim: that is an attitude to constantly embrace on the inside, no matter what situation we find ourselves in. When we can adopt that attitude, it is surprising how lady luck can swing our way - but we must also go out to meet her.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 07:11:04 AM »
Impeccablity begins with a single act that has to be deliberate, precise, and sustained. If that act is repeated long enough, one acquires a sense of unbending “intent,” which can be applied to anything else. If that is accomplished the road is clear. One thing will lead to another until the warrior realizes his full potential.

FFW

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 07:11:48 AM »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 12:21:35 PM »
Warriors must be impeccable in their effort to change, in order to scare the human form and shake it away. After years of impeccability, a moment will come when the human form cannot stand it any longer and leaves. That is to say, a moment will come when the energy fields contorted by a lifetime of habit are straightened out. A warrior gets deeply affected, and can even die as a result of this straightening out of energy fields, but an impeccable warrior always survives.

Second Ring of Power

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 04:42:38 AM »
“The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. ...The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.” Carlos Castaneda

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk