Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Re: ~~TARA~~
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2009, 10:21:13 AM »
Beautiful, aren't they? So peaceful.

I see the Tara, esp the Green Tara meditations, as blessing the earth, and therefore blessing the physical self. The 'healing' really enters from this realm. Imagine you have fertilizer, earth, but below, deep. You set a hole in the earth, plant a seed, just right, to plant it (like the sacral chakra); then the sun solar, allowing sun 'in' yet, sun also shines to ground, plant (solar). then the bud, sprout comes out, the heart chakra, rises above the surface, I see this more as seeing the magic of Green Taras face, the healing (like herbs) and heart (glowing green).
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
Re: ~~TARA~~
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 09:32:04 AM »
From The Psychology of Buddhist Tantra:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jung wrote that the psyche's inner disposition is always to attempt to move towards the healthiest state in any given situation. He considered this to be an important function of Self as an archetype of wholeness. The Self has a fundamental homocostatic intention that will enable the individual to adjust to integrate life expereinces in a way that always attempts to remain unified and whole. We may be unconscious of this capacity of the Self to maintain wholeness, but once awakened it becomes central to every aspect of life, giving it meaning and value.

However, our habitual failure to listen to the inner call towards wholeness leads to endless suffering, confusion, and sickness. Our experience of emotional or physical problems could from one perspective be seen as reflections of the imbalance of body/psyche whole. They could equally be seen as symptoms emerging as the psyche adjusts to life's traumas. Symptoms of dis-ease are the psyche's way back toward wholeness. Symptoms become a source of chronic suffering only when they are stuck and cannot move through.

~Rob Preece

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I included this cause I thought it very moving that Self (or not-self as self), is striving toward wholeness at all times and never ventures away from that motion.Jung knew this and so do the tantrikas.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Tara
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 08:39:42 PM »
Isn't that stunning!

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2009, 08:23:59 AM »
Isn't that stunning!

Yes thats a good one of her. But its Tibetan, doesnt it belong in the Buddhism folder? :)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 09:00:13 AM »
Yes it does - it is Hindu also, but not in the same way. We should move this to the Buddhist folder.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 09:04:43 AM »
Yes it does - it is Hindu also, but not in the same way. We should move this to the Buddhist folder.

Made it so.
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2009, 09:14:30 AM »
Thanks Nichi

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2009, 09:15:54 AM »
Yeah hope it was ok to move it, just felt it appropriate with it being mainly Tibetan she was in her proper place, esp if we bring over more images of her over time.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2009, 09:17:26 AM »

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2009, 09:30:55 AM »
Seems we have 3 Tara threads -- should we merge them?
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2009, 09:31:42 AM »
Doesn't matter to me either way -- M's call. I have noticed over the years that it's not so easy to find images of her which aren't in thangka form. But then again, one sees Saraswati in thangka too, so that in and of itself is not the identifier.

I go with the flow.

True. And ive found it difficult at times to find what might be 'hindu' or 'buddhist' because the two have borrowed so much from each other. I know tara has her role in hinduism, but she plays a much larger role in buddhism I believe, and is revered more, esp cause the three consorts, Lakshmi, Kali/Parvati, and Saraswati seem to take a bigger role of the goddesses of hinduism, whereas in buddhism tara is much larger. I guess thats why I felt she was more appropriate here, plus I do already have Tara on a couple threads here too.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2009, 09:32:28 AM »

Yeah we could, that'd be cool, probably easier to read them that way.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2009, 09:33:53 AM »

(I think this means there's a thread of affinity for her here, eh?)
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2009, 09:35:29 AM »
(I think this means there's a thread of affinity for her here, eh?)

Yeah, there is, shes special :)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2009, 09:42:16 AM »
Should we merge the threads?

seems a good idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk