Author Topic: Unbending Intent  (Read 173 times)

nichi

Unbending Intent
« on: November 02, 2006, 06:39:15 AM »
He said that the Nagual can be a conduit only after the Spirit has manifested a willingness to be used- either almost imperceptibly or with outright commands. It was therefore not possible for a Nagual to choose his apprentices according to his own volition, or his own calculations.

"After a lifetime of practice" he continued, "sorcerers, naguals in particular, know if the spirit is inviting them to enter the edifice being flaunted before them.  They have learned to discipline their connecting links to intent, so they are always forewarned, they always know what the spirit has in store for them."

Don Juan said the progress along the sorcerers' path was, in general, a drastic process the purpose of which is to bring this connecting link to order. The average man's connecting link with Intent is practically dead, and sorcerers begin with a link that is useless, because it does not respond voluntarily. He stressed that in order to revive that link sorcerers need a rigorous, fierce purpose - a special state of mind called, "unbending intent."

The Power of Silence
Carlos Castaneda

Jahn

Re: Unbending Intent
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 11:31:16 PM »

from my book:

By practising impeccability the warrior saves energy which later can be used to change the basic perception. Or rather the saved energy is needed to parry the upheaval that is realised with a new reality.

"I knew without any doubt whatsoever that don Juan was right. All that is required is impeccability, energy, and that begins with a single act that has to be deliberate, precise, and sustained. If that act is repeated long enough, one acquires a sense of unbending intent. If that is accomplished the road is clear. One thing would lead to another until the warrior realizes his full potential".(Fire from within, pp 195-96)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 10:39:54 PM »
He said that the Nagual can be a conduit only after the Spirit has manifested a willingness to be used- either almost imperceptibly or with outright commands. It was therefore not possible for a Nagual to choose his apprentices according to his own volition, or his own calculations.

Don Juan said the progress along the sorcerers' path was, in general, a drastic process the purpose of which is to bring this connecting link to order. The average man's connecting link with Intent is practically dead, and sorcerers begin with a link that is useless, because it does not respond voluntarily. He stressed that in order to revive that link sorcerers need a rigorous, fierce purpose - a special state of mind called, "unbending intent."

This is the most central issue. this is what it is all about - let me tell you, you can't get where you want to go on your own. We need Spirit. So we start where Spirit starts - fix the conduit!

Nothing else is worth a pinch of shit.

fixing the conduit is painful, but when it works - my god what a relief!!!

I am going back to india soon - no other place in the world requires of me, that this conduit works. it is not pleasant - many times a day i am absolutely witless - no way out. then i call dawn the conduit ... and it answers! you have no idea how that makes me feel.

but we have to be at our complete witless end, before we KNOW we could not get out of this one with out ... some gift

"only after the Spirit has manifested a willingness"

those words ...

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:52:05 PM »
Bump
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 06:26:39 PM »
Curiously this is similar to the position of some of the Reformation Protestant Christians, whose names I forget, but who were in England.

They witnessed that you can't make love happen. It either happens or it doesn't. You can't make yourself or another 'fall in love' - it is a gift. Just so then, you can't make God give you His grace.

This led to the concept of Predetermination. You are either chosen by God or not, and there is nothing you can do to change that. If you have been chosen, you will go to everlasting life in heaven, if not, forget it. No amount of good or bad works can change this one wit.

The idea is that there are in almost all religions two positions - that of anxiety and fear, or comfort and assurance. The former requires us to 'pass' some test, the latter says relax, all is predetermined.

Jahn

Re: Unbending Intent and the human mold
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 04:07:28 AM »
The Second Ring of Power

Anything is possible if one wants it with unbending intent and you don't let your thoughts interfere.

Power comes only after we accept our fate without recriminations.

A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .
You must lose your human form. You don't yet know about the human mold and the human form. The human form is a force and the human mold is ... well ... a mold.

Everything has a particular mold. Plants have molds, animals have molds, worms have molds. Sorcerers have the avenue of their dreaming to lead them to the mold. The mold of men is definitely an entity, an entity which can be seen by some of us at certain times when we are imbued with power, and by all of us for sure at the moment of our death. The mold is the source, the origin of man, since, without the mold to group together the force of life, there is no way for that force to assemble itself into the shape of man.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:09:28 AM by Jahn »

Jahn

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 04:10:24 AM »
The Second Ring of Power continued

We hold the images of the world with our attention. Let your attention go from the images of the world. If you don't focus your attention on the world, the world collapses. Instead of fighting to focus, let go of the images by gazing fixedly at distant hills, or by gazing at water, like a river, or by gazing at the clouds.

If you gaze with your eyes open, you get dizzy and the eyes get tired, but if you half-close them and blink a lot and move them from mountain to mountain, or from cloud to cloud, you can look for hours.

As I've told you, the tonal and the nagual are two different worlds. In one you talk, in the other you act. At first, all of us secretly do not want the world of the nagual. We are afraid and have second thoughts. Our unbending intent and our impeccability gets us thru that.
Everyone can see , and yet we choose not to remember what we see .
With our attention we can hold the images of a dream in the same way we hold the images of the world. The art of the dreamer is the art of attention.
Your reason is the demon that keeps you chained. You have to vanquish it if you want to achieve the realization of my teachings. The issue, therefore, has been how to vanquish your reason . By reason I don't mean the capacity for comprehending, inferring or thinking, in an orderly, rational way. To me reason means attention.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk