Author Topic: Japan  (Read 161 times)

Ke-ke wan

Japan
« on: December 18, 2009, 12:28:19 AM »
Just a few photos for now.   Kevin has a brother in Japan and I find the culture fascinating.  I really need to research more,  but the stories I hear are awesome.    Especially,  they say that Japanese people are so full of honour that there is no theft at all.  They say you can leave a dollar on the street and come back a week later and it will be where you left it.    Imagine a culture in which nobody felt a need to steal...

Ke-ke wan

Re: Japan
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 12:31:39 AM »

In the late 1980s, the family was the focus of leisure activities, such as excursions to parks or shopping districts. Although Japan is often thought of as a hard-working society with little time for leisure, the Japanese seek entertainment wherever they can. It is common to see Japanese commuters riding the train to work, enjoying their favorite manga, or listening through earphones to the latest in popular music on portable music players.

Jahn

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 06:31:11 AM »
That old ship, it doesn't look Japanese - it looks Swedish/European.

We had an old ship visiting China (not Japan) some years ago but that is not the one.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 06:47:19 AM by Jamir »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:23:36 PM »
Lori, you should try to get some Japanese movies - they are something else!

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 04:49:32 AM »
Lori, you should try to get some Japanese movies - they are something else!

Esp. the horror ones, oh my!
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk