Author Topic: Ceremony  (Read 267 times)

Offline Angela

• Acharya
Ceremony
« on: February 15, 2010, 05:26:14 AM »

Rudy earned his Tenderfoot rank in Boy Scouts. I'm so proud of him :)
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
Re: Ceremony
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:40:10 AM »
Cool!!  :)
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Jahn

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 07:23:31 AM »

Of course you should be proud (of any scout)!  :)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 08:45:31 AM »
I used to be a Boy Scout - some of the best days of my youth.

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 03:28:56 PM »
He's really done well in the scouts. He needs that male bonding thing ... you guys know ... the 'tribe'. I love when he bonds with other males. They do a lot of camping and hiking. Rudy's father knows nothing about the wilderness.
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 06:23:23 PM »
it was the wilderness stuff that really changed my life.

also running wild through the suburbs after dark - they wouldn't allow that kind of thing now I suppose.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 06:33:32 PM »
it was the wilderness stuff that really changed my life.

also running wild through the suburbs after dark - they wouldn't allow that kind of thing now I suppose.

I could see you enjoying the life of a caveman.

And congrats on the new scout badge Angela, good going!
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 10:09:09 PM »
 :) Wonderful! He's growing up so much Ang. what a handsome young man!

Thanks for sharing.

Tenderfoot rank... Walks Softly.

Namaste'
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 02:57:24 AM »
I could see you enjoying the life of a caveman.

And congrats on the new scout badge Angela, good going!

Thanks El ... each time he gets an important badge, I receive a small pin, about the size of a lapel pin. :)

Michael, funny  ... we used to roam around after dark all the time "in the suburbs" ... sometimes we even "camped out" at our house or our friends house in the backyard, tent and all. 'Intro to Trouble 101' ;) Ah ... the teen years. You always need to remember what You did, while raising a child. They will do the same things.

Hey Jen ... Yes, he's a cutie and a charmer. I'll have to keep my eye on him. He's got that pubescent 'girl' thing going on. I told him to stay away from girls ... that they're only trouble. It best to just be friends with them ;)

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 02:48:41 PM »
These are from last year at the cross-over ... from cub scouts to boy scouts ... ~.~

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 02:51:20 PM »
~.~

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 02:53:21 PM »
The ceremony took place at The Valley of Fire here in Nevada ...

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 02:55:25 PM »
~.~

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 02:55:33 PM »
Nice photos - looks like a lot of fun! :)
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 03:00:26 PM »
That's my nephew, Austin, with Rudy ... they camped the night ... first campout without Mom ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk