Author Topic: The Wheel of Time  (Read 120 times)

nichi

The Wheel of Time
« on: November 17, 2006, 01:54:36 PM »
Those shamans had another cognitive unit called THE WHEEL OF TIME. The way they explained THE WHEEL OF TIME  was to say that time was a tunnel of infinite length and width, a tunnel with reflective furrows. Every furrow was infinite, and there were infinite numbers of them. Living creatures were compulsorily made, by the force of life, to gaze into one furrow. To gaze into one furrow meant to be trapped by it, to live that furrow.

A warrior's final aim is to focus, through an act of profound discipline, his unwavering attention on the WHEEL OF TIME in order to make it turn. Warriors who have succeeded in turning THE WHEEL OF TIME can gaze into any furrow and draw from it whatever they desire. To be free from the spellbinding force of gazing into only one of those furrows means that warriors can look in either direction: as time retreats or as it advances on them.

Introduction
The Wheel of Time
Carlos Castaneda

Don't I wish? ~Intriguing...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 10:22:31 AM by nichi »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: The Wheel of Time
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 08:59:18 AM »
Those shamans had another cognitive unit called THE WHEEL OF TIME. The way they explained THE WHEEL OF TIME  was to say that time was a tunnel of infinite length and width, a tunnel with reflective furrows. Every furrow was infinite, and there were infinite numbers of them. Living creatures were compulsorily made, by the force of life, to gaze into one furrow. To gaze into one furrow meant to be trapped by it, to live that furrow.

A warrior's final aim is to focus, through an act of profound discipline, his unwavering attention on the WHEEL OF TIME in order to make it turn. Warriors who have succeeded in turning THE WHEEL OF TIME can gaze into any furrow and draw from it whatever they desire. To be free from the spellbinding force of gazing into only one of those furrows means that warriors can look in either direction: as time retreats or as it advances on them.

Introduction
The Wheel of Time
Carlos Castaneda

Don't I wish? ~Intriguing...

This is about gazing on the hub. However I have a view, that until one can extricate oneself from one furrow, one is unable to gaze on the hub. So we use some very wise and clever techniques to pull ourselves back from our formative furrow - the one we find ourselves as soon as we realise the value in the Path of Change.

That I have spoken of somewhat, in other places, and Carlos's books are full of these techniques. Once we have been able to become a trans-furrowed being (two furrows are all that is needed), we pit the furrows against each other till the gap widens. Then we have to build our inner stamina, resilience, so that we can withstand the panic attack of being 'between furrows'.

Once we can do that, then as the wall of each furrow recede from us, we are left in deep empty space, and inadvertently we look down - that is the most terrifying thing I know. That is gazing on the hub.

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:31:02 AM »

Time - hes waiting in the wings
He speaks of senseless things
His script is you and me....Bowie

When we speak of the elimination of time, we are, of course, not
referring to clock time, which is the use of time for practical purposes, such
as making an appointment or planning a trip. It would be almost impossible
to function in this world without clock time. What we are speaking of is the
elimination of psychological time, which is the egoic mind's endless
preoccupation with past and future and its unwillingness to be one with life
by living in alignment with the inevitable isness of the present moment.
Whenever a habitual no to life turns into a yes, whenever you allow
this moment to be as it is, you dissolve time as well as ego. For the ego to
survive, it must make time – past and future – more important than the
present moment. The ego cannot tolerate becoming friendly with the present
moment except briefly just after it got what it wanted. But nothing can
satisfy the ego for long. As long as it runs your life, there are two ways of
being unhappy. Not getting what you want is one. Getting what you want is
the other.
Whatever is or happens is the form that the Now takes. As long as you
resist it internally, form, that is to say, the world, is an impenetrable barrier
that separates you from who you are beyond form, separates you from the
formless one Life that you are. When you bring an inner yes to the form the
Now takes, that very form becomes a doorway into the formless. The
separation between the world and God dissolves.   ECKHART TOLLE

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 08:38:12 PM »
As long as you resist it internally

Exactly. but this is inside.

outside, in the world, it is important we say 'No", when people do or say things we know are wrong. but you see the trick here is that to do that we have to say "Yes" inside - Yes, I will engage this moment!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk