Author Topic: Yogi Who Has not had Food or Water for 70 years-news article with link  (Read 131 times)

Offline zoell

• Sanyassi

'Starving yogi' astounds Indian scientists
May 10 01:23 PM US/Eastern

An 83-year-old Indian holy man who says he has spent seven decades without food or water has astounded a team of military doctors who studied him during a two-week observation period.
Prahlad Jani spent a fortnight in a hospital in the western India state of Gujarat under constant surveillance from a team of 30 medics equipped with cameras and closed circuit television.
During the period, he neither ate nor drank and did not go to the toilet.
"We still do not know how he survives," neurologist Sudhir Shah told reporters after the end of the experiment. "It is still a mystery what kind of phenomenon this is." “
Link to full article:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.ce6e076d355a498ef621bad2bbef1a32.f1&show_article=1

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
I think ive seen him on tv before, or youtube or something. Fascinating article thanks zoell.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
I put a YouTube up here about him that was taken during his period under observation:
http://restlesssoma.com.au/soma/index.php?topic=9159.msg62297#msg62297

I later saw he finished that period, confounding everyone, and then went home.
Was only thinking about him yesterday again - it is amazing.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
I should just add, that I have had this guy in mind over the past week with a particular practice I have been doing. What fascinated me was how he was able to gain life energy from the world around him - like he simply absorbed it in.

That has led me to change the way I see myself in the world - to explore the capacity of all beings to link up, rather than see themselves as separate.

Ke-ke wan

Breatharians do a similar thing,   no food at all (Hardly)  and live just off energy.   I've posted about them before,  dunno if I'll be able to find the post, but you all should look them up!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk