Author Topic: The foreign installation  (Read 689 times)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
The foreign installation
« on: June 06, 2010, 02:43:10 AM »
Whats your take on the foreign installation? Is it a real thing?
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: The foreign installation
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 03:11:23 AM »
You mean like BP?

You bet, and it's set up in your lounge room. Owned by the Chinese, designed by the Germans, paid for by your own little soul.

(PS... try being original)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 03:17:33 AM by Michael »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 03:40:49 AM »
You mean like BP?

You bet, and it's set up in your lounge room. Owned by the Chinese, designed by the Germans, paid for by your own little soul.

(PS... try being original)

BP? What do you mean?

Michael, I was seriously pondering the question, if there is a foreign installation or not.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 03:55:44 AM »
Michael, I was seriously pondering the question, if there is a foreign installation or not.

were you?

OK, I'll take you at your word, although my first answer was also serious.

Let me ask you then - are you asking, or is the foreign installation asking?

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 04:10:57 AM »
were you?

OK, I'll take you at your word, although my first answer was also serious.

Let me ask you then - are you asking, or is the foreign installation asking?

Well I believe im asking. I know its big in CC circles about the foreign installation. I admit, im uncomfortable with the premise that at times my thoughts may not be my own, and there is some strange force out there, that wants to lead mankind astray, and interferes with our minds in various ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Active Side of Infinitity

"Every one of us human beings has two minds. One is totally ours, and it is like a faint voice that always brings us order, directness, purpose, The other mind is a foreign installation. It brings us conflict, self-assertion, doubts, hopelessness: it's ourselves as the me-me center of the world.

Let's put the topic of our two minds aside and go back to the idea of preparing your album of memorable events. Such an album is an exercise in discipline and impartiality. Consider this album to be an act of war. As such, it has all the meaning in the world.

We are not naturally petty and contradictory. Our pettiness and contradictions are, rather, the result of a transcendental conflict that afflicts every one of us, but of which only sorcerers are painfully and hopelessly aware: the conflict of our two minds! One is our true mind, the product of all our life experiences, the one that rarely speaks because it has been defeated and relegated to obscurity. The other, the mind we use daily for everything we do, is a foreign installation.

To resolve the conflict of the two minds is a matter of intending it. Sorcerers beckon intent by voicing the word intent loud and clear. Intent is a force that exists in the universe. When sorcerers beckon intent, it comes to them and sets up the path for attainment, which means that sorcerers always accomplish what they set out to do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, is it real? Or just a dream of Carlos's?

Offline Muffin

• Pir
  • Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 04:41:57 AM »
The two minds remind me of the problem of the conscious vs subconscious. I do feel at times that my thoughts are not mine, but I experience it as something surfacing from some hidden place. It appears more "genuine" then my normal thoughts, and I wonder if my normal thoughts are really "mine" or just reactions to the external world.

I've been reading a lot of Jung lately, so my thoughts on the subject could be biased.

I guess the "foreign installation" is as real as you make it.
"The result of the manifestation is in exact proportion to the force of striving received from the shock." -Gurdjieff, Belzebub's Tales to his grandson

www.sensoriumdei.org

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 04:48:51 AM »
Hi Rudi, yes I agree it can be what you make of it, and I do think - if it exists - that it would be connected to the sub self. Ive been on another forum that talks about it quite a lot and have been pondering the issue, cause ive always been uncomfortable with the thought of something 'foreign,' but then there are times where I have random thoughts that dont seem 'me' and dont seem right, and this other part of me - the real me I hope- answers back accordingly, or will squish the 'bad' thought altogether. But it is an interesting concept. I dont know if I can fully accept it yet, but I still am fascinated by peoples takes on it.

Jahn

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 05:41:26 AM »

Yes,
there is a foreign installation and it is called humanity. It started in Eden and was the reason we had to leave. Since then humans are prey to their own shortcoming in terms of "pettiness and contradictions" delusion, illusion, misperception and stubborness.

To get rid of the foreign installation, the Flyers or the Parasite, one have to work diligently with a knife called stalking and inventory.

There is a few short cuts too to short circuit the foreign circle. But that is another history and a technique only availble for seers.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 05:45:48 AM »
Yes,
there is a foreign installation and it is called humanity. It started in Eden and was the reason we had to leave. Since then humans are prey to their own shortcoming in terms of "pettiness and contradictions" delusion, illusion, misperception and stubborness.

To get rid of the foreign installation, the Flyers or the Parasite, one have to work diligently with a knife called stalking and inventory.

There is a few short cuts too to short circuit the foreign circle. But that is another history and a technique only availble for seers.

Thats interesting you mentioned Eden Jamir, A nagual mentioned Eden today, when I asked how long the FI has been around. Then you mention Eden, and it really makes me wonder. I mean, Ive always felt like there was some sort of 'fall' of man, in some way. Just pinpointing 'when' would be difficult. Neanderthal, or was there a great Atlantis at one time, but we perished and went back to the jungle? Really the possibilities are endless. But anyway, he too blamed the FI for the reason we had to leave eden, which makes me ask this, and Im still awaiting his answer too, but is the FI the devil?

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 08:23:52 AM »
but then there are times where I have random thoughts that dont seem 'me' and dont seem right, and this other part of me - the real me I hope- answers back accordingly, or will squish the 'bad' thought altogether.

Both the "good" and "bad" thought are you. All thoughts are you. Random thoughts are just that; random. They flit across the screen of the mind like leaves blowing in the breeze. They don't have to have meaning, and they don't mean you are "bad", unless you give them meaning and call yourself bad by giving these thoughts life. The "real" you is also that one that you give life to. Often we want to keep the good one and not the bad one. By defining ourselves as such, we set ourselves up. To me this seems that you are questing into the issue of duality - good bad, me not-me. Duality is simply a description of the world. It is real, as a description, and not real, as it's simply a description.

DJ's 'foreign installation', to me, was a way for DJ to explain to Carlos what was going on in his mind. It is 'foreign' in the sense that it does come from 'outside' of us, having being 'installed' by culture, society and humanities collective ego in the process of 'growing up'. To me, that is quite "real".

"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 08:35:53 AM »
But anyway, he too blamed the FI for the reason we had to leave eden, which makes me ask this, and Im still awaiting his answer too, but is the FI the devil?

There are quite a number of interpretations of "the fall of man", each more interesting than the other, and any one of them, or none of them, possibly holding some element of 'truth' somewhere.
My two favourites are the end of a 'golden age' - the Atlantis scenario being one such Golden Age, and the other interpretation being the fall into consciousness, or development of a separate conscious ego, The expulsion theory being a physical development, and the second a psychological one. The foreign installation could fit into either one, as could the 'devil'. Again, I see the FI as a description, as is everything in this world, and that then makes it 'real', as what we call 'reality' and 'real' is a description of what we experience.

"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 10:38:53 AM »
When a multi-national sets up in your town, you buy the same goods that everyone else in the world buys.

When that extends to TV, you watch the same programs that everyone else in the world watches.

You wear the same clothes, eat the same foods, like the same things and dislike the same things, think and feel the same way - you believe yourself to be unique, but in fact you are simply copying.

You are pawn of a foreign entity - living, breathing and thinking what that entity feeds you. You flatter yourself on your uniqueness, but actually you are a puppet of another's will.

That is how the foreign instillation works. You believe your emotions are unique, while in fact if you only stepped outside yourself for a moment, you would see they are depressingly exactly the same as every human being ... who is asleep.

When you read a question on one forum and reproduce almost exactly word for word on another forum, you are doing the same - you are living a fashion. In this case a fashion of thought. Like wanting to wear Nike joggers, 'because those people are wearing them, I want to wear them also'. It's the cool idea going round.

The foreign instillation demands you toe the line and seek to replicate, thinking you are actually involved in some serious inquiry.

That is why I said "try being original".

Now if they start talking about pizza on another forum, and it becomes a 'hit' over there, and the original question is asked by someone who calls himself a 'nagual' - adding real gravitas - will you pop in here and ask exactly the same question?

I know it's hard to be original, but at least you could turn the idea around in your mind and come at it from a different angle.

Of course we would like to try on the latest fashion, but a little gesture against the most obvious infection of the foreign instillation's command is worthwhile ... like me calling it instillation instead of installation.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 10:56:48 AM »
So Michael, are you picking on me? So its being discussed elsewhere and I brought the topic here, cause I wanted to see what soma folks would say, so that means, I was lead by the FI, what the hey?

You know what ive been up to lately? Ive been working on my swearing, and Ive learned that swearing doesnt come from us, but then thinking of it today, it may come from the FI. Strange thing is, I rarely swear when I talk. I think Ive sworn more online than I ever spoke. For the most part, I speak clean. And when my BF swears I get on him about it, and I tell him its because its not clean for the soul. Strangely my work lately has led me to that point.

I feel like - and I liked your answer I did - but you're giving me little stabs cause you dont like me going elsewhere. Could that be the FI too, cause sometimes you can be a possessive man you know? lol Love you anyway, even though you picked on me about the question.

Btw I have only basic cable, and since having it installed Ive turned it on mabye two times. I dont watch it. I prefer to read, or sleep and work on my dreaming skills. I go to bed earlier than most. Anyway all I can think of at the moment, have to head out soon from work.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 02:41:31 PM »
and that then makes it 'real', as what we call 'reality' and 'real' is a description of what we experience.

Definitely - it is real all right.

But the practice is to identify when we are experiencing a mood that is not inherent to our innate nature. An experience that is grafted onto us, and which we identify as ourself without question. Much the same way we adopt our parent's response characteristics, thinking they are our own.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 03:50:24 PM »
An experience that is grafted onto us, and which we identify as ourself without question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KL76edqCKc&feature=related
(Not that fighting the nazis wasn't a worthy cause.)

Frank Capra's "Why We Fight" World War II Propaganda Series
Frank Capra's "Why We Fight" World War II Propaganda Series
(Lots of grafting afoot here.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:31:24 PM by Nichi »
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk