Author Topic: Power Plants  (Read 562 times)

nichi

Re: Power Plants
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 04:32:19 AM »
Heard about the morning glory seeds, ignored all the warnings about it, and added them to my mix too, way back when! No effect noted!

Speaking of warnings, yarrow is supposed to be dangerous too, I read after the fact. So while I lived to tell the tale, I suppose caution is a good thing.

nichi

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 04:35:52 AM »
My favorite things for smudging are still frankincense and myrrh, though. I have some connection there. Those and cedar. But I've even burned dried oak leaves. If it's dried, I'll burn it, much to the dismay of the house's smoke-detector!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 04:43:07 AM by Nichi »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 04:40:11 AM »
I burn a ton of different things also.. cedar and sage are my core starts and its always different from there. I slept in the studio last night and still smell like sage today even after my shower. :)

I burned alot of frankinsense and myhrr back in my days of witchcraft... still do some but the above is more availble.

Lots of lavender and rosemary hits my coal too...

Mugwort for dreaming..
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

nichi

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 04:46:42 AM »
"They" say one is supposed to use the plants around them. Well, I always considered that vis a vis the frankincense and myrrh, because obviously they aren't around me. But oh, the myrrh is so good for the visions. That may just be me, though -- I think it connects to a past life somewherez.
But yes! Hard to get hold of, and super-expensive in contrast to the others.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 04:49:29 AM by Nichi »

somnium

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 04:50:51 AM »
hmm, I just never listen to the warnings, that say never to ingest power, seems like something from Mad Magazine to me. ;)

The Morning Glory seeds(LSA) are good, though they have had tendencies to make people ill, because of the coating on the seeds. Proper preperation of approx. 200 crushed seeds produces effects 'similair' to LSD25.

The Fly Agaric Mushroom is well worth trying, as well as Salvia. Oaxacan Shamans would use Salvia to teach them how to travel, then moving on to the Morning Glory, and then mushrooms.  

nichi

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 04:56:21 AM »
seems like something from Mad Magazine to me. ;)

Heheh!   :D :D :D

Taimi

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 04:57:34 AM »
I have tried few things.
Drugs are cool, the experinces have been very interesting. but the bad thing is that their usage consumes a lot of energy, that's what i have noticed. after the event i have felt so empty and needed time for recovery, even with marihuana.

nichi

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 05:07:31 AM »
but the bad thing is that their usage consumes a lot of energy, that's what i have noticed. after the event i have felt so empty and needed time for recovery, even with marihuana.

I understand! Especially many years ago, there would be times afterwards I thought I was the waking dead.   
I think everyone's chemistry is a little different here .. you know you best, rubina!

somnium

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 05:08:27 AM »
I have been thinking on 'energy consumption'.

To use a power plant, or to move your state of awareness, is simply a movement, or shift, of the AP. To move to a far off location, to remain there for awile, and then to move back, appears as if we have lost 'energy', however to me it is simply shifting back to our original position, or another spot. This is the reason, in my mind, that we use the plants, to attain great shifts, and learn to examine them, gaining cohesion in these new dreaming positions, as well as observing the movement itself.  It is no different to me then dreaming a fantastic dream then waking up in disappontment.

It is very important to stalk ourselves, as we are moving, to be aware of what is moving us, and where.  If we 'come back' thinking we have lost it all, or that we are sad, depleted, or whatever, then surely that is the 'position' we are moving ourselves to.  I find that it doesn't seem like 'energy', but what I am focusing my attention on, or where I am placing my power. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 05:22:46 AM by somnium »

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 05:11:02 AM »
My smudge ingredients end up being a lot of different stuff.  I start off with red cedar, native sage, white sage, russian sage, yarrow, tanis, rue, dried mints ..... it ends up with a pretty nice-smelling mix.  Good and good for you, my Dad always said.  I roll my dried stuff pretty tight in a double sheet of paper towel and tie with sinew in three places.  Once I light it, it stays going nicely.  I also feel that what container used is as important as the smudge itself.  I use the same cool rock that I have for years.  It's about 3 X 3" with a neat natural indentation right in the middle, to give the smudge a little breathing room.  Once I got my bundle going I have a special small rock I place over it a little to keep the wind from blowing it off.  

Like I say with any cermonial doing, it's what's in your mind and Intent that makes the Medicine, not just the ingredients.  It's all about manipulating your own awareness.  What works, works.  Period.  I sense, though,  that using what the Natives used puts me in a special frame of mind, like I'm doing all I can to be authentic.  Just like my bonsai.  I use the Tokonami pots, make my own soil, use special tools for pruning, feed year around with the best stuff I can find  ..... I know that I am doing it right and that puts the old feathers in ones' bonnet, right?  

Where my head is at, it's all about the feathers.  At least two of them, anyways!:)

Heading to work.  Lotsa good stuff being posted here, Yawl.  Lotsa good stuff.  Thanx. t2f
t2f

nichi

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 05:20:09 AM »
It is very important to stalk ourselves, as we are moving, to be aware of what is moving us, and where.  If we 'come back' thinking we have lost it all, or that we are sad, depleted, or whatever, then surely that is the 'position' we are moving ourselves to.

True enough, Som, but I have to recall my lsd experience -- the one when I was 16 or 17 and was curled up in the fetal position ... Coming off that grim experience was even more grim -- and frankly, I was suicidal at that level of fragility.

And yes, to be suicidal is another choice and another assemblage point -- but there is danger afoot in that state of mind: one could act on the impulse and then all talk of assemblage point is purely academic.

So ... my outlook is that, if you know it isn't good for 'you', then don't do it.

Taimi

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 05:20:44 AM »
It is very important to stalk ourselves, as we are moving, to be aware of what is moving us, and where.  If we 'come back' thinking we have lost it all, or that we are sad, depleted, or whatever, then surely that is the 'position' we are moving ourselves to.

It's not about thinking that i have lost something or feeling sad or what ever. It's just somekind of tiredness. But people are different.

nichi

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 05:22:56 AM »

somnium

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2006, 05:34:59 AM »
It's true, it's true, it's all true! I agree, if you know it is dangerous then stay away, by all means, or at least find the safe way, or remove the danger.

I am saying that the knowledge of the assemblage point, that it assembles totally new worlds, is what drives me.  So I prefer to observe the driver, watching where I place my power, and learning how these worlds are formed.

I was once running away from some people who were after me. I was running through an open field, moving very fast, leaving them waaay in the dust. I then thought "I have't been working out for awhile, and I don't know how long I can run". Next thing I knew I was thinking about my legs giving up on me, and down I went onto the ground where I was captured.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 05:37:55 AM by somnium »

nichi

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2006, 05:41:45 AM »
There was a saying in the late 60's/early 70's amongst drug-doers and drug counselors:
"It's just a feeling.... It's just a thought.... Ain't nothing but a thing."

I suppose to really be in the flow of that, one has to have experienced the drugs, so indeed, stalking and more-fluid assemblage points are certainly among the perks.

*hugz*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk