Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Cornering Ego into a Spiritual Path  (Read 31655 times)

Endless Whisper

Re: Cornering Ego into a Spiritual Path
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2008, 01:53:29 AM »
Zenmurito out of the matrix for now....bbl for more shits and giggles!

z

Me too! Im gonna watch an episode of Kung Fu and hit the hay - im off tomorrow, woo wee!

Offline daphne

• Storm
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2008, 01:55:05 AM »
Bye all... my ego needs breakfast!

littlefeather

« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2008, 05:49:27 AM »
Wow!
You guys posted like 5 pages while I was asleep.  :o
What I wanted to say to Ellen, I apologise if it's in here somewhere and I missed it, is that rules are for stalkers.  You are a dreamer, right?  So why do you need rules?   

I think Ang might have touched on that a few pages back, but I cannot find the post. ::)

Also, we are already free.  It's just a trick our mind (ego?) plays on us to try to make us believe we are not.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:51:54 AM by hush »

Offline mayflow

• Storm
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2008, 10:57:11 AM »
Wow!
What I wanted to say to Ellen, I apologise if it's in here somewhere and I missed it, is that rules are for stalkers.  You are a dreamer, right?  So why do you need rules?   
 I think Ang might have touched on that a few pages back, but I cannot find the post.

Also, we are already free.  It's just a trick our mind (ego?) plays on us to try to make us believe we are not.
Free, free, free as the birds.
Yay!

Gone beyond the banks of suffering
In true realization of the perfection
that we always have been
You realize it, as do I
Yay!

Freedom's dreams have been realized

Offline ≈*≈

• Sprout
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2008, 11:27:38 AM »
Bye all... my ego needs breakfast!

"Let go o' my Eggo"  :D
"There is a point at which everything becomes simple and there is no longer any question of choice, because all you have staked will be lost if you look back. Life's point of no return."
- Dag Hammarskjold

Endless Whisper

« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2008, 05:19:22 PM »
Wow!

Thats very true. I dont 'need' rules though. I just like knowing which ones exist.

I think Ang might have touched on that a few pages back, but I cannot find the post.

Free, free, free as the birds.
Yay!

Why does ego, trick itself into believing its not free when it wants to be free though?

Offline ≈*≈

• Sprout
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2008, 09:16:05 PM »
Thats very true. I dont 'need' rules though. I just like knowing which ones exist.

Why does ego, trick itself into believing its not free when it wants to be free though?

Because it would have to totally obliterate the cozy, comfy home it lives in ...  and it's never ready to do that.  I don't think ego really wants to be free.  But, I think Self has the ability to be free of ego.
"There is a point at which everything becomes simple and there is no longer any question of choice, because all you have staked will be lost if you look back. Life's point of no return."
- Dag Hammarskjold

Offline mayflow

• Storm
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2008, 06:38:37 AM »
I think the ego is a part of the self but not the whole self. It should serve the self and then it would trust anything the self does, but sometimes it acts on it's own like a little child, and sometimes the self blinds itself to its own glory and thinks it is the ego only and that the ego is the whole of the self. Then we are in a bad place where freedom is hard to see. It is probably those very times when meditation could free the mind to see it's vastness.

Offline Definitive Journey

• Tributary
    • Las Vegas Massage Therapist Kris Kelley
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2008, 10:19:41 AM »

It's just a case of mistaken identity.  (The ego.)
"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

Endless Whisper

« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2008, 10:56:04 AM »
I think the ego is a part of the self but not the whole self. It should serve the self and then it would trust anything the self does, but sometimes it acts on it's own like a little child, and sometimes the self blinds itself to its own glory and thinks it is the ego only and that the ego is the whole of the self. Then we are in a bad place where freedom is hard to see. It is probably those very times when meditation could free the mind to see it's vastness.

If you have a child, and the child grows up into an adult, what happens to the 'child?' The child, is gone, the adult, stands in its place.

If you removed the child, then there'd never be an adult. So you cant do that. You can, however, allow the child to change, transform, into an adult. Then the adult, transforms into....

So thus, ego resists its own change and transformation - the caterpillar doesn't resist going into the cocoon and metamorphing into the butterfly, well, at least upon observation. Who knows if its thinking "hey, that whole cocoon thing, is a shroud huh? Im going to die." Yes, it is, but itll be born into a butterfly. Ego does the same thing. But it has to be 'tricked' into getting into the cocoon. It 'thinks' itll be able to remain, a caterpillar somehow though. But its not. It has to give up that existence to be able to do that.

Offline ≈*≈

• Sprout
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2008, 08:48:15 AM »
Just Burn it up (the ego) ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ3Hk7AZFT0
- Dag Hammarskjold

• Tributary
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2008, 07:18:11 PM »

Interesting video  ;)
"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

Endless Whisper

« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2008, 06:49:27 PM »
Simulation:

Person A-Random statement, never matters what it is....

Person B-That is your ego talking....

Person A-That's your ego talking about my ego talking....

Person B-Not. My ego wasn't talking about your ego. I was pointing out your ego.

Person A-Thats what egos do though, point. Therefore it was your ego, talking about my ego.

Person B-Now that's your ego talking about my ego pointing because I pointed out your ego was doing the talking? How do you know that was my ego talking about your ego?

Person A-Like I said, egos point, and make a point of things about ego.

Person B-That's just your ego trying to make a point about my ego making a point. If this is so that because I pointed and made a point, then you're making a point about that, and that means, per your point about egos pointing, since you pointed, that has to be your ego, doing the pointing! HAHA! I got you!

Person A-No, thats not the case. You brought up my ego, first. It was your ego doing it. You're being egotystical denying it was your ego involved in doing it. Are you saying you dont have an ego?

Person B-No, I do not have an ego.

Person A-All egos deny they're really egos.

Person B-Then you were denying that your ego was talking when I mentioned that your ego was talking. Your ego was denying itself.

Person A-Not the case. Your ego wants to deny its an ego, so it looks for others to point at and call and label 'egos' so it can avoid its own name and label. Thats why your ego brought up what you thought was my ego.

Person B-But it was your ego talking, and not my ego talking when I mentioned it was your ego, TALKING!

Person A-Why are you still talking about what you think is my ego?

Person B-I dont know anymore!!!

So let's see. Enlightenment is to be "free from darkness" and "free from delusion." One sure fire way of keeping ourselves at the bondage of delusion? Is to deny we have egos, and waste our whole lives, focusing on other people's egos.

See the insanity?

• Tributary
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2008, 07:38:29 PM »

So let's see. Enlightenment is to be "free from darkness"

See the insanity?

I can't, it's dark!  ;)

One of my instructors favorite sayings....At the end of his lecture concerning fear and struggle, he usually uses the analogy of why we're fearful is that we're in the dark; can't see.  He says, "Just turn on the light!"

It sounds so easy, and I'm sure it is.  Well, maybe it's simple, not easy.  Big difference between the two, imho.....Eh, where was I?  Oh yea.....I'm sure it's simple. 

My trouble is I can't find the switch!

or

Maybe I can find the switch, but really don't want to see?

or

Is the light to bright?

or

or

or.........

You get my drift  ;)

Why don't we turn on the light?  At first I thought I didn't know how......

That's not it.

Work in progress  ;)

z

Endless Whisper

« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2008, 08:06:19 PM »
LOL See, I pride myself on being nocturnal, though. And in truth, I think we have to learn how to be nocturnal, explore the dark, before we can flip the switch. Thats part of the fun of learning. Darkness is fun! And I wonder sometimes if thats part of the trouble - I mean, its so easy dealing in the dark. You can still get results, from the dark, in darkness, even if stuff is delusion - you can delude others with delusion too, play ;) But still. Thats why I think sometimes, there's something in me, postponing flipping the switch. "Rinpoche? Too much work! No play!" LOL

I can't, it's dark!  ;)

One of my instructors favorite sayings....At the end of his lecture concerning fear and struggle, he usually uses the analogy of why we're fearful is that we're in the dark; can't see.  He says, "Just turn on the light!"

It sounds so easy, and I'm sure it is.  Well, maybe it's simple, not easy.  Big difference between the two, imho.....Eh, where was I?  Oh yea.....I'm sure it's simple. 

My trouble is I can't find the switch!

or

Maybe I can find the switch, but really don't want to see?

or

Is the light to bright?

or

or

or.........

You get my drift  ;)

Why don't we turn on the light?  At first I thought I didn't know how......

That's not it.

Work in progress  ;)

z