Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Witnessing decrease  (Read 7250 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
Re: Witnessing decrease
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 08:03:46 AM »
if you are looking at others, and thinking you're somehow, in the same boat with them, you're wrong.

we are all in the same boat - suffering or laughing, starving or fed, depressed or joyous - it makes no difference to death. and what put us in the same boat, is not the condition of our life, but the fact that it's end is coming.

this has nothing to do with fear - that is another matter. Fear of death is the first death - if you have never feared death, then it hasn't touched you.

the state of one's life situation is not relevant to death - that is extremely relevant to us, but not to death. each moment is precious, whether in pain or joy - to see those as the same is no easy task.

Offline daphne

• Storm
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 09:00:47 AM »
It is. Its not okay to say its further from the truth, Erik is different in his present state, as one who has the death sentence. There is a difference.

The only difference is in the manner of our death, not in death itself.

ellenmoksha

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 10:27:38 AM »
we are all in the same boat - suffering or laughing, starving or fed, depressed or joyous - it makes no difference to death. and what put us in the same boat, is not the condition of our life, but the fact that it's end is coming.

this has nothing to do with fear - that is another matter. Fear of death is the first death - if you have never feared death, then it hasn't touched you.

the state of one's life situation is not relevant to death - that is extremely relevant to us, but not to death. each moment is precious, whether in pain or joy - to see those as the same is no easy task.

Michael, I meant same boat as in, at the moment. I'm not dying of cancer or AIDS or any of that, and neither is he. So saying it was further from the truth, about being like them, was my point. Not, the issue of being a being who is going to die (daphne I restated that, several times, we will all die, that wasn't my grievance). It is erik, young and healthy, looking on others who have the offical 'death sentence,' (everyone, how many times did I type 'death sentence") and saying that is the same. At that very moment, it is not. ThaT was my grievance. That still shall be. That has not decreased, that grievance.

Offline daphne

• Storm
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 01:54:26 PM »
Michael, I meant same boat as in, at the moment. I'm not dying of cancer or AIDS or any of that, and neither is he. So saying it was further from the truth, about being like them, was my point. Not, the issue of being a being who is going to die (daphne I restated that, several times, we will all die, that wasn't my grievance). It is erik, young and healthy, looking on others who have the offical 'death sentence,' (everyone, how many times did I type 'death sentence") and saying that is the same. At that very moment, it is not. ThaT was my grievance. That still shall be. That has not decreased, that grievance.

I find your use of "official death sentence" inappropriate, though understandable.   :-*

ellenmoksha

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »
I find your use of "official death sentence" inappropriate, though understandable.   :-*

How can you find an official death sentence, inappropriate. There is an official death sentence, like if a doctor told you, you had three to six months to live, that is a death sentence. You have awareness of whatever condition you have, which is going to be the death of you, and a timeframe of life, to live, knowing round about when you shall die. Nope, that is a death sentence. Like when the docs told me about my mother, "three to six months to live." She made it to five and a half. That was a death sentence. It was set.

Offline daphne

• Storm
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 02:02:41 AM »
That was a death sentence. It was set.

"Set", like in consensually?
I have known and know of others who have been given "official death sentence". One is still living.. and it is now 15 years. There are many such stories. I have known of many who have not been given "official death sentence" and yet have died.
Looking around, we can see death all around us, and life. Mostly, people do not want to see death, even when it hits them through personal loss. There are no end of beliefs to support the belief that we "don't really die".

Offline zenandnow

• Sprout
    • Giovanni Sollima - Daydream (part 1)
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2007, 02:43:38 AM »
There are many ways to witness decrease. One can look at others and see some strange shadows trailing them and indicating approaching death. One can witness relatives becoming more and more fragile, introvert, weak and rigid. One can see people around becoming ill and fading away.

Yet it all seems to be about 'them'. It gives rise to a sharp sense of loss, but one's own condition seems to be so firm and clear. Nothing can be farther from truth.

I'm witnessing old age and decrease hitting me with irresistible power. I cannot play games I like to play as I used to. Physical contact I never avoided does not seem to be so attractive any more :). Injuries heal much slower. After the game I'm sometimes so tired that it hurts bad. When I get a flu, it takes longer to get well (though I must say that I get flu much more rarely than when I was young).

Life is just slipping away. I can submerge my hands into river, but I cannot stop it or hold it.

Yesterday we went to see a sunset. Very beautiful it was! Some quite rare birds sang, there was quiet, Sun was there - talking to us and Universe.

Another day passed into eternity.
Those moments will never occur again.
quintessential.

"Yet it all seems to be about 'them'. It gives rise to a sharp sense of loss"

loss of who we were.  the value who we were lost slowly dripping away.

beginning to understand our bodies fraility.  our impermance. 

nice post.
"When you were a wandering desire in the mist, I too was there, a wandering desire.  Then we sought one another, and out of our eagerness dreams were born.  And when you were a silent word upon life's quivering lips, I too was there, another silent word.  Then life uttered us and...-Kahlil Gibran

goggle-eyed dandelion

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 02:20:26 AM »
The joy and entertainment that used to be so entertaining and inseparable part of life is not it any more. As if I'm here, in the world, but yet another string that connected me to it is cut. However, the view expanded, all moments became more equal.

Offline zenandnow

• Sprout
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2007, 07:09:17 PM »
one does not need an official death sentence to know that their personal death is stalking them. 

the one commonality we all share is our impending death.

you will die.  better get your act together.   

"When you were a wandering desire in the mist, I too was there, a wandering desire.  Then we sought one another, and out of our eagerness dreams were born.  And when you were a silent word upon life's quivering lips, I too was there, another silent word.  Then life uttered us and...-Kahlil Gibran

goggle-eyed dandelion

Death-sensing cat Oscar
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 07:06:14 AM »
It was in the newspapers today that this 2-year old cat Oscar

has the ability to sense approaching death. He lives in one nursing home in Rhode Island and occasionally jumps into beds and purrs there. In few hours the person in such a bed usually dies. They say Oscar has done it some 25 times and practically has not made mistakes.

Offline zenandnow

• Sprout
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 12:14:45 PM »
heh heh heh.  :D

goggle-eyed dandelion

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 10:56:17 PM »
Years go by, but dream of life continues. How to wake up? How to move vertically instead of drifting wth the flow?

goggle-eyed dandelion

Who dares?
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 11:36:32 AM »
Who Wants to Live Forever

Theres no time for us
Theres no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away
From us

Who wants to live forever
Who wants to live forever....?

Theres no chance for us
Its all decided for us
This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who wants to live forever?

Who dares to love forever?
When love must die

But touch my tears with your lips
Touch my world with your fingertips
And we can have forever
And we can love forever
Forever is our today
Who wants to live forever?
Forever is our today

Who waits forever anyway?

Offline zenandnow

• Sprout
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 11:59:01 AM »
Years go by, but dream of life continues. How to wake up? How to move vertically instead of drifting wth the flow?
maybe it is about being the flow.

goggle-eyed dandelion

Freddy reviewing his life
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2007, 06:54:00 AM »
Show Must Go On

Empty spaces - what are we living for
Abandoned places - I guess we know the score
On and on, does anybody know what we are looking for...
Another hero, another mindless crime
Behind the curtain, in the pantomime
Hold the line, does anybody want to take it anymore
The show must go on,
The show must go on
Inside my heart is breaking
My make-up may be flaking
But my smile still stays on.
Whatever happens, Ill leave it all to chance
Another heartache, another failed romance
On and on, does anybody know what we are living for?
I guess I'm learning, I must be warmer now
Ill soon be turning, round the corner now
Outside the dawn is breaking
But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free
The show must go on
The show must go on
Inside my heart is breaking
My make-up may be flaking
But my smile still stays on
My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die
I can fly - my friends