Author Topic: The 3000-Headed Monster  (Read 240 times)

nichi

The 3000-Headed Monster
« on: February 15, 2007, 09:38:19 AM »
"The only reason we need a teacher is to spur us on mercilessly.  Otherwise our natural reaction is to stop to congratulate ourselves for having covered so much ground."
   He said that we were both good examples of our odious tendency to go easy on ourselves.  His benefactor, fortunately, being the stupendous stalker he was, had not spared him.
   Don Juan said that in the course of their nighttime journeys in the wilderness, the Nagual Julian had lectured him extensively on the nature of self-importance and the movement of the assemblage point.  For the Nagual Julian, self-importance was a monster that had three thousand heads.  And one could face up to it and destroy it in any of three ways.  The first way was to sever each head one at a time; the second was to reach that mysterious state of being called the place of no pity, which destroyed self-importance by slowly starving it; and the third was to pay for the instantaneous annihilation of the three-thousand-headed monster with one's symbolic death.

Intending Appearances
THE POWER OF SILENCE
Carlos Castaneda

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:46:45 AM by nichi »

Jahn

Re: The 3000-Headed Monster
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 05:43:11 AM »

I walked through the place of no pity, or "No mercy" as I call it. That place shatter away the human form like bad weather scares away the tourists.

nichi

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 06:46:53 AM »
I walked through the place of no pity, or "No mercy" as I call it. That place shatter away the human form like bad weather scares away the tourists.

I liken it to a Marine drill sergeant: good for us, and a tough place to be all the time. Though perhaps not for Julian!  :)

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 07:37:10 AM »
I didn't visit the Place of No Pity this Manitou.  My Intent was homebound this Winter.  I am recollecting, gathering again, my energy for what lies ahead of me, what is coming to me now. 

This Place is terrible for me, heart-rending.  It could empty me if I gave myself to it.  So I don't.  I don't always enjoy leaving my earthbody, for I have fears yet faced, as I will always.  That is why maybe I have put my brakes on, with regards to certain matters.  I am very guilty of laying out traps before me, because of how I lanquish in my contentment.  And, for self-preservation, this does not bother me at all.  I am not worried with what I am, so I do not rock my boat much anymore. 

Am I a good example for you all because I have identified my monsters and choose to flip them the bird? 

t2f

nichi

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 07:39:11 AM »
Am I a good example for you all because I have identified my monsters and choose to flip them the bird? 

Absolutely, t2f!

Jahn

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 10:29:19 PM »
; the second was to reach that mysterious state of being called the place of no pity, which destroyed self-importance by slowly starving it;

It takes time - but it isn't slow.
It is also no use to recommend the state of the place of no pity for those that cannot stand the vibration of it, or find the vibrato at all, or simply do not like it. The place of no pity is what I think one of the reason Don Miguel scholars and students dislikes the path outlined by Castaneda becauseThe Eagle Knights lineage never used this opportunity to get rid of the self-importance "monster". And as I said in the beginning - it is no use to recommend the option of the "place of no-pity".

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 11:48:06 PM »
I didn't visit the Place of No Pity this Manitou.  My Intent was homebound this Winter.  I am recollecting, gathering again, my energy for what lies ahead of me, what is coming to me now. 

This Place is terrible for me, heart-rending.  It could empty me if I gave myself to it.  So I don't.  I don't always enjoy leaving my earthbody, for I have fears yet faced, as I will always.  That is why maybe I have put my brakes on, with regards to certain matters.  I am very guilty of laying out traps before me, because of how I lanquish in my contentment.  And, for self-preservation, this does not bother me at all.  I am not worried with what I am, so I do not rock my boat much anymore. 

I feel I need to respond tom. i have left you to your own process for some time now - since the sacred fire post. to be honest i haven't seen a 'call' to say much. i really like your presence, and you bring a lot of wealth to this space, as i see you do to everyone in your own world.

however raja put his pesky finger on something that has been lingering, waiting for such a finger, and unfortunately he has left it to me to follow up. just know that it is you who is 'calling', who triggered raja to speak.

you have come so far, and have achieved so much, but there is something in your spirit that is not satisfied, just as there is something in 'you' that is satisfied. i don't have a lot of time just now, so i shall have to be brief, and you should take this into your meditation for insight.

you are on a verge, which is in fact a precipice. your question is, go over or sit pretty.

if you sit pretty, you will have made a decent life, and death will find you a 'good man', who has spread a decent blanket for yourself and others - he will smile and dispatch you to the upper levels of chance.

if you jump, you have made wings that until you jump you will never know they are there.

to my sight, you have evolved beyond your life situation - ie, it will not help you go past this point. I would not suggest otherwise, except that you have called it, more than once. now you are faced with a difficult decision, and I bet you know that already.

what to do?

I can't say, but I'll tell you for certain, it has to be absolute and dramatic. you are no novice, so i'm not going to tell you your action. what I will tell you, is that a fork in the road is approaching. and the path i am on the side of, is the dangerous one, the one that says goodbye to everything you know.

i would not speak so if i didn't love you tom - it is our duty to tell each other, who are true aspirants. just know that this life is about you and only you, and only your solitary link to spirit - sans family, garden, ancestors, home, job, identity. you haven't a lot of time left, and i see a final offering from spirit. you have the courage, and the nobility to explain to your past.

it will be up to you transhkent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk