Author Topic: we are unaware of being linked to everything else  (Read 554 times)

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
Re: we are unaware of being linked to everything else
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 04:27:32 PM »
Are ones' values defined by actions taken?

One can aspire to much that is great
yet the actual experience will dictate
the form which is actually manifested,
don't you think?

t2f

Offline elliot

• Sadhu
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 05:43:13 PM »
Yes i think.

Manifestation is the ultimate expression in our condition.  I must say....  it is how i learn.  i enjoy your candid bantor by the way.
"O great creator of being, grant us one more hour / to perform our art and perfect our lives."    Jim Morrison

Jahn

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2007, 03:29:02 AM »
  Do I bend over backwards and turn the other check no matter what happens.  Or do I properly defend myself and others according to my values.  Values is a thing that for me gets wrapped up in beliefs and sometimes for me confused.

There should be no confusion in a case where three guys are about to rape your girlfriend.

To turn the other cheek is about transforming energy. A skill that is lost in the mass conciousness. It was Jesus way to oppose the Jewish law of an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth. That keeps thing in stagnation, no process, only earthly justice.

When we can take an insult and neutralize it then we have made a transformation of energy.

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 06:00:57 AM »

When we can take an insult and neutralize it then we have made a transformation of energy.

This is the very concept, Jahn, of the Bu'Jin KungFu, as taught to me many moons ago by the don Miles Baer. 
Neutralize oncoming force by transformation of its energy to ones' own benefit.  i.e., the Fine Art of Ducking.  t
t2f

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2007, 04:06:26 PM »
Neutralize oncoming force by transformation of its energy to ones' own benefit.  i.e., the Fine Art of Ducking.  t

:D
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 10:52:25 AM »
Basic concept of Judo too, to use your opponent's force against him.  :)
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 11:01:03 AM »
and aikido

(just like steven segal!)

Other is.  Self must struggle to exist.

- Brian George

Offline elliot

• Sadhu
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 04:01:11 PM »
This is the very concept, Jahn, of the Bu'Jin KungFu, as taught to me many moons ago by the don Miles Baer. 

This concept applies to me right now.  I recently had a business partner dump some bad lemons in my area of responsibilities.  It was upon my realization of what he was doing during conversation with him and seeing his response made it all too clear what was happening.  Oh man, the lion came out in me!  He didn't even think that I would catch on to this!  For three hours after learning this I couldn't hide just exactly how I was feeling.  To the point of detriment to my operation even.  The moment I saw this I withdrew, and collected myself.  Upon talking to one of my supervisors and relaying the events of what just happened to us she look at me and gave me an awesome response. She told me, "Well Elliot, we will just have to add sugar to these lemons and a little water and make some lemonade."  I freaking laughed my arse off for the rest of the night.  I am very lucky to have good people working for me.  I cannot say the same for some of my colleagues.  But she really hit the nail on the head with this one. 
"O great creator of being, grant us one more hour / to perform our art and perfect our lives."    Jim Morrison

Jahn

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 03:56:04 AM »
Basic concept of Judo too, to use your opponent's force against him.  :)

Nay nay.

That is not to transform energy, and that goes for ducking too. To neutralize a negative energy (as we percieve it because we feel insulted or bad in some way) into something neutral is a within our system process, a kind of digestation, basically emotionally. It is really to eat the sour apple and returning dust.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 12:30:43 AM »
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk