Author Topic: Seeing  (Read 662 times)

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
Re: Seeing
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2006, 12:16:20 PM »
Here are some DJM quotes regarding time.

"Warriors compress time; even an instant counts.
In a battle for your life a second is an eternity;

No, I think after reading this that I am using the right wording. As when I am able to sink to the root of my thought and focus intently there, in that moment, I notice more going on in that single moment than before. Things around me seem to slow down and I somehow step back a little, detach and am able to observe...

"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

nichi

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2006, 12:22:25 PM »
if I had to pick someone who has inspired me...LOL don't laugh! Babarajajuju a.k.a. Baba! From the TNF. Back in the old days of the form I was in awe of the guy's skillz.

He was before my time at TNF, but I guess I would ask -- how does this relate? His skills in ___?____.  He does seem impassioned, and this is what I admire about him. But that probably is a whole other topic.

You were speaking of "pure reason", I think I was trying to understand what you meant.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2006, 12:50:54 PM »
He was before my time at TNF, but I guess I would ask -- how does this relate? His skills in ___?____.  He does seem impassioned, and this is what I admire about him. But that probably is a whole other topic.

You were speaking of "pure reason", I think I was trying to understand what you meant.

His skills on the path, in the work, that is what I know of them anyway from reading his posts. As for Pure Reason it relates I just have to work out the details on that one.  :P
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

nichi

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2006, 12:52:32 PM »
His skills on the path, in the work, that is what I know of them anyway from reading his posts.

I understand. I have the same sort of admiration for Michael.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2006, 12:56:34 PM »
I understand. I have the same sort of admiration for Michael.

It is going to be awhile before I am able to get back to you on the whole pure reason thing, it does relate to Baba if mem serves. I want to be sure of myself before I say anything more about it  :P

I also have admiration for Michael, and good old Bas a.k.a. Tiger. Never the less I mentioned Baba cause his posts have done just as much for me if not more than any of the books I have read.

nichi

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2006, 01:04:48 PM »
..... I mentioned Baba cause his posts have done just as much for me if not more than any of the books I have read.

High praise indeed!
If we get lucky, we meet someone who inspires us thusly, along the way.
Likewise, M has been probably the most important "other" person for me -- his timbre and pitch and imagery are exactly what I need, at this time. Words fail.
(And I say this, having avoided teachers and mentors for years!)

Thank-you, spirit!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 01:35:33 PM by Nichi »

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »
If we get lucky, we meet someone who inspires us thusly, along the way.

If we get really lucky we meet that someone in person! Have had that happen a couple of times now. Later when I have more energy and can "call forth the teachings" that I have gleamed from the ones I met in person I'll share with you guys.
Being ready for such meetings is indeed a tricky matter though, would love to discuss that topic.

Jahn

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2006, 04:38:02 PM »
No, I think after reading this that I am using the right wording. As when I am able to sink to the root of my thought and focus intently there, in that moment, I notice more going on in that single moment than before. Things around me seem to slow down and I somehow step back a little, detach and am able to observe...

Sure, whatever feels right for you. These are difficult things for the mental to handle with words anyway. The thing is that with one foot in the nagual and the other trying to live with the clock, the subjectivity around time changes.

The important thing is the increased awareness because that is the key to experiencing time at another rate, or frequency. Then in higher speed, the whole system are able to "compress" daily action as well.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2006, 11:18:31 PM »
I associate this with observing our link with intent, which can appear automatic, and full of doubt, feeling like a 'prediction' of what is about to occur. I found the hardest part of this, is observing that the moment can have absolutely no connection to the previous moment's rationality.

I think the way I came to this is difficult to explain, except to say that I observe it, then I accept and follow it.

this is indeed one experience of compression and seeing.

I had this only the other day, at the festival i was at. this was preceded by a dream Julie had of a large eagle, and although the full context was more complex, i knew something was up, and on the last day i kept my eyes peeled.

at one point, i knew it was happening, and had to do with meeting one of the writer/presenters - i can't explain, but i could feel him coming, i could see the eagle's presence - i looked around at the door a few times, but as somnium says, i let it go and just allowed it to come in its own time. but the compression was there.

then they played some music, and i had one of my most intense moments of self-awareness and even felt the fire within - needless to say i was quite ecstatic at this. a little after, i left the tent, and as i walked towards another tent-venue, who should be walking alone, coming in the opposite direction? there was this feeling like, of course, and it flowed naturally that we stopped and talked... then Julie turned up, by sheer chance - after all it was her eagle - and the deed was done.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 11:38:43 PM by Michael »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2006, 11:27:09 PM »
Interesting thread about seeing but I can't understand (my mental understanding) how you end up with the concept "compressing time".

It is right that seeing is on a higher frequency than the mental body and therefore has to be filtered through the bodies of tonal to become "understandable". But as I know it "compressing time" is something else. It is about performing a number of actions faster than what was possible before.

The actions can be performed faster because our perception and awareness is smoother than before and then the mental mind also opreates at a higher speed.

yes that is also true, but i have the advantage of being a music recording engineer for whom the 'compressor' is the most essential tool. it adds a distinct sound, in such a way that the term takes on extra meanings, where the moment has added intensity. like invisible light is beamed onto the situation, and there is a feeling of pregnancy, of tantalising potential, in which an act by us has vastly enhanced significance... to me this is where, behind the curtain, the gods are just now passing.

somnium

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2006, 08:52:43 AM »
I love hearing people's dreaming experiences.

Something I have been becoming aware of, which is not really 'time compression', but is related in a way.  As I am running, and observing my surroundings, it is as if I can observe the surroundings coming at me faster. I get a feeling of gliding through the air, while running, and the scene can come at me almost 'choppy' at times. Then instantly as this is happening, it can reverse, and I will watch my surrounding come at me very slowly. I have only been aware to this a few times recently. It is as if I forget I am running, and my attention is only on the oncoming objects. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 08:56:29 AM by somnium »

somnium

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2006, 09:10:00 AM »
me. ;)

There is something I learned about once though never full understood, yet it is the type of perfection of reasoning that I seek...

The firm position of Silent Knowledge has a 'clear view' to the position of solid reason, and the position of solid reason, a clear view of Silent Knowledge. The old 'leaders' of our times would be found connected to silent knowledge, and the best leaders of our present day on reason. Though there is much space between the two. In this way a person with Silent Knowldge can understand, perfect reason, and vice versa. It has to be this way, I believe.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2006, 12:21:04 PM »
The firm position of Silent Knowledge has a 'clear view' to the position of solid reason, and the position of solid reason, a clear view of Silent Knowledge. The old 'leaders' of our times would be found connected to silent knowledge, and the best leaders of our present day on reason. Though there is much space between the two. In this way a person with Silent Knowldge can understand, perfect reason, and vice versa. It has to be this way, I believe.

OMG!!! Thank you, that was what I was looking for! 
Will be saving this thank you again.
LOVE

somnium

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2006, 12:37:07 PM »
 ;D

Its like... you get to the place of 'no doubt', and theres no doubt.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 12:59:00 PM by somnium »

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »
;D

Its like... you get to the place of 'no doubt', and theres no doubt.

No doubt  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk