Author Topic: Seeing  (Read 676 times)

erik

Seeing
« on: July 31, 2006, 05:45:30 PM »
In the 'Active Side of Infinity' CC wrote that seeing is accompanied by a somewhat aggressive, forward-pushing mood. Something that was very common to 'old seers'. Seer who was in the process of seeing used to be a bit of predator.

I have experienced similar mind states. Things go into slower-motion, one feels himself 'fast and furious', is able to anticipate moves of people around, see through all their designs, move in quick and sharp.

I remember that Taisha Ablear was taught to 'pick up speed' to stop the world. How is that related to seeing?

Has anybody else had such experience?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 05:49:02 PM by gangster »

nichi

Re: Seeing
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 11:56:09 PM »
Not so much the speed for me, gangster, but yes, the predator!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 12:08:42 AM by Nichi »

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 11:44:15 AM »
I have little experience with this since I've grown older. As a child though such experiences came natural and yet my memory of these isn't sharp enough.

What it sounds like you are describing though is called something like compressing time... yet it could also be the shifting to the place of
no pity which Theun Mare's describes as a precursor to seeing.

I wonder, how can we cultivate such states?

"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

erik

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 03:34:55 PM »
I wonder, how can we cultivate such states?

It comes to me when all bodies of mine become focused on one or another issue. It is easy in the case of issues that are emotionally attractive. Less so in the case of issues where I have to use my will to get focused.

It is kind of total abandon - when this state of mind comes, nothing else matters in the whole world.

somnium

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 03:57:21 PM »
Funny.. I was just writing a poem about this.
I find it feels like reality is an echo of the mind. Hearing sounds before they occur, and hearing other's thoughts like they are your own. It becomes, so that you observe what you know, or hear, unfolding. I find that the moment can be a nearly frozen, or frozen picture frame, with many possible outcomes 'branching' off of it, and we choose one based on our power.  I associate this with observing our link with intent, which can appear automatic, and full of doubt, feeling like a 'prediction' of what is about to occur. I found the hardest part of this, is observing that the moment can have absolutely no connection to the previous moment's rationality.

I think the way I came to this is difficult to explain, except to say that I observe it, then I accept and follow it. I would say a great practice for this, is to stalk agreements. Be aware of what you are projecting, or thinking about, what you are feeling in every situation, then look to see if there is an agreement around you, in any way. Power brings power. You will begin to feel either the 'knowing' or the 'doubt' of what is occuring. As I see it, this practice will allign your awareness to intent, your surroundings, and begin to bridge the mind and body.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 06:36:56 PM by somnium »

nichi

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 04:22:25 PM »
I'm an incessant thinker and analyzer -- or at least, I used to be.
Jumping from (what I'm sure we probably all share as) a natural intuition, I helped myself the most in  seeing by a clearing out of the thoughts and the second-guessing of self. By going as non-linear and non-hierarchical as possible -- that is, by trying to de-program myself from laws of causation, the scientific method, and steps of one-two-three.

And most of all, by learning to trust the snatches and images and sensations. By becoming the ultimate, radical empiricist -- relying upon first-hand experiences. It's with this last I've had the greatest challenge, the trusting of those experiences, because I know all too well our propensity to fool ourselves.

Once I worked with a development group, where we practiced what i call "the shotgun method". A question would be in front of us, we'd break into small groups, and for each other gave "the first thing", without self-judgement and without interpretation, which popped up. Fast, fast! Not as easy as it sounds, but that's part of the clearing out of the thoughts.
Practice, practice, practice.

Meditation and visualization-activities help too.

At least this is how it all has been growing in me, and I learn every day.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 11:46:08 PM »
I'm an incessant thinker and analyzer -- or at least, I used to be.
Jumping from (what I'm sure we probably all share as) a natural intuition, I helped myself the most in  seeing by a clearing out of the thoughts and the second-guessing of self. By going as non-linear and non-hierarchical as possible -- that is, by trying to de-program myself from laws of causation, the scientific method, and steps of one-two-three.

And most of all, by learning to trust the snatches and images and sensations. By becoming the ultimate, radical empiricist -- relying upon first-hand experiences. It's with this last I've had the greatest challenge, the trusting of those experiences, because I know all too well our propensity to fool ourselves.

Once I worked with a development group, where we practiced what i call "the shotgun method". A question would be in front of us, we'd break into small groups, and for each other gave "the first thing", without self-judgement and without interpretation, which popped up. Fast, fast! Not as easy as it sounds, but that's part of the clearing out of the thoughts.
Practice, practice, practice.

Meditation and visualization-activities help too.

At least this is how it all has been growing in me, and I learn every day.

I know what you’re saying though I have to say I had been given this advice before and it didn't work so well. Or rather I should say I misinterpreted this advice! I thought it meant don't think at all, which it obviously doesn't. So what I did is walked around all the time suppressing my thoughts, bad idea.

The things you describe are what I used to do automatically as a child.
The problem with what you describe is that you say you used to be a thinker and analyzer but then you describe how you think more effectively though the aid of intuition:

“Once I worked with a development group, where we practiced what i call "the shotgun method". A question would be in front of us, we'd break into small groups, and for each other gave "the first thing", without self-judgment and without interpretation, which popped up. Fast, fast! Not as easy as it sounds, but that's part of the clearing out of the thoughts.
Practice, practice, practice. "

This is what I call thinking without thinking . It is what Jahn recently called the not-doing of thought. Yet, when your mental body becomes "clear", something that feels to me like having more space between thoughts, it becomes quite possible and advantageous to sink-merge...to the depths of what you have just learned. For me right analysis of what I learned had always been helpful for this... There are certain tools to do this, one of them I used to be good at was asking just the "right questions", heck sometimes the questions where more important than the answer.
Going into the depths of that you pierce to the essence of things and connect to time...the moment...you compress time...

It just clicked; I just answered my own question or part of it anyway.  :D

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 11:51:54 PM by Ian »
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 11:47:34 PM »
I think the way I came to this is difficult to explain, except to say that I observe it, then I accept and follow it. I would say a great practice for this, is to stalk agreements. Be aware of what you are projecting, or thinking about, what you are feeling in every situation, then look to see if there is an agreement around you, in any way. Power brings power. You will begin to feel either the 'knowing' or the 'doubt' of what is occuring. As I see it, this practice will allign your awareness to intent, your surroundings, and begin to bridge the mind and body.

Ahhh...very useful advice thank you!

Jahn

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 02:07:41 AM »
Going into the depths of that you pierce to the essence of things and connect to time...the moment...you compress time...

It just clicked; I just answered my own question or part of it anyway.  :D

Interesting thread about seeing but I can't understand (my mental understanding) how you end up with the concept "compressing time".

It is right that seeing is on a higher frequency than the mental body and therefore has to be filtered through the bodies of tonal to become "understandable". But as I know it "compressing time" is something else. It is about performing a number of actions faster than what was possible before.

The actions can be performed faster because our perception and awareness is smoother than before and then the mental mind also opreates at a higher speed.

nichi

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 03:00:16 AM »
I thought it meant don't think at all, which it obviously doesn't. So what I did is walked around all the time suppressing my thoughts, bad idea.

It's like this, Ian. I receive a vision, or a snatch of one. Now, do I take that image and move to the next opening spirit brings, or, do I analyze and reason the image into the ground -- even talking myself out of having received the image to start with?

The things you describe are what I used to do automatically as a child.
The problem with what you describe is that you say you used to be a thinker and analyzer but then you describe how you think more effectively though the aid of intuition:
“Once I worked with a development group, where we practiced what i call "the shotgun method". A question would be in front of us, we'd break into small groups, and for each other gave "the first thing", without self-judgment and without interpretation, which popped up. Fast, fast! Not as easy as it sounds, but that's part of the clearing out of the thoughts.
Practice, practice, practice. "
This is what I call thinking without thinking .

There's confusion and misunderstanding here, but I'm experiencing that at sub-conscious, non-verbal level, and can't quite articulate it yet. I'll have to be reading your writing over time to put my finger on it. But I will point out, with affection, that you are analyzing and reasoning, and heading in the other direction from the nonhierarchical kind of perceiving I was advocating.  ;) :-*

Yes, your theory of time-compression... perhaps that is the alternate reality you can use to get at this seeing.
On the other hand, it isn't a "mandate" that we all see!
(Or is it?)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 03:47:49 AM by Nichi »

somnium

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 03:21:31 AM »
As I understand it in words, the mind has both linear and nonlinear thought processes. A way of speaking to your self in words, or instantanious 'bursts', or impulses, like instant ideas. I find it becomes almost like awareness of will, of your lines of will, and how they touch what is around.  When a warrior learns this 'way of thinking' his life becomes dramatically longer, a life of 100 years, can become equivalent to thousands of years.

Also, by observing something, or someone, with increased attention, you can actually preceive them slowing down, and speeding up, just as you can preceive them turning around, etc etc etc. With attention focused strongly on someone walking, you become aware of their every movement, slowed down, and you can anticipate them. It is a form of stalking seemingly done with the eyes, within the moment. Watching a bird fly, and anticipating its movements is a good practice for this I find.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 06:41:33 AM by somnium »

nichi

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 03:37:11 AM »
Also, by observing something, or someone, with increased attention, you can actually preceive them slowing down, and speeding up, just as you can preceive them turning around, etc etc etc. With attention focused strongly on someone walking, you become aware of their every movement, slowed down, and you can anticipate them.

Somnium, do you ever find that the focus and attention can actually influence the ones you are observing?

somnium

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 04:07:48 AM »
Somnium, do you ever find that the focus and attention can actually influence the ones you are observing?
Yes, and soon I plan to post some of my dreaming experiences. I have found it quite frightening at times, though I am becoming more accustomed to it. I find that we are always affecting whatever we are focusing on, and what we are focusing on is merely an idea, a 'prediction' based on the programing of what we 'know', or surely expect. I find every moment to be a magical programing, and can be reprogramed every instant. It is like the moment is full of 'scouts' that can alter reality in any way, and all we have to do is see the scout, the potential idea to be manifested, the simply allow that scout to unfold, to believe. Once we become familiar with certain scouts we no longer need them, we have claimed this power, and can now look for others.

Since we hear other people's 'impulse's', we can just as easily project 'our own' onto them, making them precieve as if they were there own thoughts or feelings.  As I see it, it is simply what naturally occurs anyways.

nichi

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 04:14:48 AM »
I agree, it is what naturally occurs.
And then, sometimes, I deliberately don't look -- seeing it as intrusion in some cases.
This might be what comes of being the 'empathic child', though.
Not looking at indignity (for the child, that would be the so-called "grown-ups") until one can place it in the highest possible perspective.
Doing that, of course, requires maturity and the ability to transcend and ascend, one's self.
A work forever in progress, eh?

somnium

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 04:43:52 AM »
Yes I agree, it can seem like an intrusion, though I am not sure if that is truely possible. However in the case of feeling like intrusion is taking place, I find that impecibity plays a major part. If I were to 'intrude', or doing something I felt as 'wrong', then I find it would not unfold, I can not bring myself to accept the outcome. I have built it this way for protection of myself, and others. I have observed my fears manifest to the point of very near death, and when death is on me in this way, I have to know, without a doubt, that I am impecible enough to live.

I find that obseving someone's impulses can be like feeding a fire, or putting it out. If someone is about to blow their lid for instance, we can feel this and anticipate it as what is about to happen, or we can project 'water', in any way we can, and change the direction. We can, in a way, continue their thought process as if it were their own, or we can even project peace onto them. Either way the impulse's, the 'exchange', is occuring automatically, and so I think the awareness of this is crucial.

A work forever in progress, eh?
Aye!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk