Author Topic: Mountains again  (Read 1048 times)

Offline daphne

• Rishi
Re: Mountains again
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 04:10:03 AM »
What an adventure! The sheer size of those mountains!

The pictures are wonderful, t!

This one looks like a fire within the mountain!

And the other one.. love the kid in the pouch!!   :D

"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »
M, i didn't get you a furry hat, but if you like, you can have a local traditional hat  ;)

yummy - love one

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 09:48:10 PM »
sure? then i need to know how to get it to you
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 12:51:05 AM by Taimyr »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 10:01:03 PM »
does the head come with it?

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 10:04:38 PM »
does the head come with it?

was that an invitation?  ;D

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008, 10:37:11 PM »
You can come any time :).

here is my postal address:

Michael Maher
P.O.Box 152
Armidale NSW 2350
Australia

I would love to receive that beautiful hat,
and the beautiful head also.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2008, 10:39:08 PM »
I'll see what i can do  ;)

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 02:12:11 AM »
Emotionally everything was kind of simple. i felt like switched off, just living a simple life, thinking of simple things, like when to eat, when to go, what to bring with me, how much more to go and so on. most of the time i didn't even think about my life and relations in estonia and didn't miss home. only at the end i started thinking what i would do here. maybe some more reflections will come in time.

I think that was the best thing about this trip. Even when i had nothing to do, i just sat on a rock and was looking around, mountains, cows, sheep. There were no worries or restlessness.

Only in the second camp i felt restless after two nights and an urgent need to come down. The feeling was very weird. It wasn't like tiredness. And i didn't feel physically sick. It was more like psychical. Like there's nothing there, why i'm i there. Almost like panic.

I didn't notice thatkind of reaction in others, even though some felt physically sick and had headaches. Though i suppose people don't talk about everything and some things are not visible.

Interestingly last year on Elbrus i reached the same hight (5300 m) and felt quite the same - like there's nothing that can make me go further.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 02:31:59 AM by Taimyr »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008, 11:32:52 PM »
Finally got to see those photos - now my connection has clicked over into a new month.

Stunning stuff taimi! And dangerous - I can understand why you didn't go on.
Very beautiful landscapes, with the mountains in such easy reach from the fields, or maybe that's just the camera angle.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 08:09:45 PM »
I think the photos aren't that great. And when you (and others) say my photos look great, then i think maybe you either want to just please me or don't know much about phorography, sorry. Because my photos are just average, if even that, for other photographers eyes, which has been proven in some photo portals. Or maybe they just don't know what their talking about? Or maybe they are spoilt by the written composition rules and technical perfection, which hasn't been my goal. or maybe poeple are just too influenced in places where they have to rate photos. 
or maybe they search for some deep meaning in a photo, which is not of my interest either. i just try to capture things that seem beaytiful and magical to me. well, never the less my skills should improve in time i suppose.

Finally got to see those photos - now my connection has clicked over into a new month.

Stunning stuff taimi! And dangerous - I can understand why you didn't go on.
Very beautiful landscapes, with the mountains in such easy reach from the fields, or maybe that's just the camera angle.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:20:11 PM by Taimyr »

Offline xero

• Sadhu
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 09:03:27 PM »
..or maybe, Taimi, people actually DO like the photos. :-\

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2008, 09:28:57 PM »
With photography, as with movies, you have to distinguish between the level of skill of the photographical technique, and the content.

One problem with focus on technique is that people forget about the value of the content. There is a saying that this generation's content is last generation's context. It is a bad mistake to confuse the framing for the picture.

In your case there are three issues of focus: technique, content, art.

The reason we like your pictures is because of the content, the story line - we are transported to a place we have never been, and looking through the eyes of a person we know.

Technique is something you are developing, and has to do with camera skills. That is  what you will find comments on from others in that profession which the rest of us wouldn't know.

The area you need to develop is your artistic eye. This is something you will rarely find from other photographers - you have to learn it from artists and from evolving your own unique voice. It comes with age and imagination - experience and reflection.

I have a friend who is an artistic photographer, and he bemoans the level of artistic sensitivity in the profession, because it is so technique intensive. The same is true of the music profession.

But in the end, I am much more interested in content. 

I was visiting a friend of mine on Sunday who is a very highly acclaimed artist, and we were looking at her latest material - it was stunning. I asked her if she did other things like music and writing. She replied that she feels greatly restricted by painting, because she knows too much about technique, and she can't escape it to get to the value in the content - it's a constant battle for her, so she loves to play the piano, because she doesn't know much about it - finding it thus a faster channel to her inner moods, as the critical mind is absent.

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 10:49:07 PM »
I think the photos aren't that great. And when you (and others) say my photos look great, then i think maybe you either want to just please me or don't know much about phorography, sorry.

I just like your photos!!   :D :-*
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2008, 01:07:02 AM »
Hey, i wasn't that serious, i do believe that people like them when they say so.

Just discovering the differences between.... things  :D

..or maybe, Taimi, people actually DO like the photos. :-\

I just like your photos!!   :D :-*

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2008, 01:35:00 AM »
First when i started taking photos, i went out like just for a walk and i would take photos of things i saw. i didn't know beforehand, what i want photograph or what i would see. and actually it wasn't even important if i would get to see something interesting. and there was kind of a magic in it.
then later i joined some photo places and for a while thought of how to take photos that would be suitable for these places. for an example, nature photographers know exactly what or who they want to take pictures of. they lay for animals or birds or whatever, they can sit in special tents for days. i think this kind of a thing is not for me.
when i tried to think beforehand, or tried to take photos that would be suitable, i think i felt like losing the magic.
now i will do it my way again  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk