Author Topic: Mountains again  (Read 1045 times)

Taimi

Mountains again
« on: November 08, 2007, 02:01:57 AM »
Next summer i'm planning to go to the mountains again. There's a big probability that i will go to Elbrus again. But also i want to go to Lenin, in Middle Asia. The top of this mountain is 7134 m above sea level. I'm not putting thia as a big goal for reaching beacuse it looks like it's quite hard for women. This year a second estonian woman reached the top of this mountain (her name is Tiina Tamm btw. Which is weird because her namesake also climbed that mountain in 1986 and she died there, she got lost in the snow storm and was never found).

Anyway, there is one more peak there, that is not so high and would be a more realistic goal for me to reach. It's 6148 m above sea level.

If everything works out with my work, then i should be able to make these two trips, they take place one right after the other, so from Caucasus i would be flying straight to Middle Asia. And all together the journey would last about seven weeks.  I want to make both trips because seven weeks is quite a long time in a foreign environment and it would surely shake me off. This years journey to Elbrus seemed to pass too quickly.

I will continue later with the thoughts i have about this.

Offline daphne

• Rishi
Re: Mountains again
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 02:10:51 AM »
sounds like a lovely goal t!   :)
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 11:35:18 PM »
Next summer i'm planning to go to the mountains again. There's a big probability that i will go to Elbrus again. But also i want to go to Lenin, in Middle Asia. The top of this mountain is 7134 m above sea level. I'm not putting thia as a big goal for reaching beacuse it looks like it's quite hard for women. This year a second estonian woman reached the top of this mountain (her name is Tiina Tamm btw. Which is weird because her namesake also climbed that mountain in 1986 and she died there, she got lost in the snow storm and was never found).

Anyway, there is one more peak there, that is not so high and would be a more realistic goal for me to reach. It's 6148 m above sea level.

If everything works out with my work, then i should be able to make these two trips, they take place one right after the other, so from Caucasus i would be flying straight to Middle Asia. And all together the journey would last about seven weeks.  I want to make both trips because seven weeks is quite a long time in a foreign environment and it would surely shake me off. This years journey to Elbrus seemed to pass too quickly.

I will continue later with the thoughts i have about this.

OH! I hope you get to do this T.

I'm going to do a photo search of Lenin..

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts as they come, thanks for sharing.

:-*
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 11:39:15 PM »
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Taimi

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 11:49:43 PM »
well... i can't really imagine it to be very lovely to be in snow and cold and to be tired and no air...  :D but it will be interesting   :)

i think Elbrus is a piece of cake compared to Lenin. in Elbrus i didn't really get the feeling like I'm far from civilization. also in the snow area was quite small. it's like you can get away from there almost whenever you like (unless there is a storm), it's just a few hours walk. and there were much tourist and skiers. but on Lenin there should be three camps in the snow area. only the base camp is not in snow. and only shepherds live there in yurts (beside the other mountain climbers). but generally Lenin is similar in this behalf, that it doesn't require much technical skills, mostly it's just walking.

this summer it was proven that i don't really care much about reaching to the peak so as a goal in itself it won't work for me.  i should find some other stimulating force. i was thinking it could be just a test of willpower. this time i will have a better idea of how it will be and i'lle be more prepared psychologically.

now i should start training more regularly. i already quit smoking. i actually planned to do it later, but i couldn't wait... the idea of quitting was just so disturbing - i had to quit, so that i could stop thinking about it ;D

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 12:45:39 AM »
quit smoking eh?
that's the best news for me

Taimi

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 02:14:07 AM »
it's been almost two months now. i feel so light (in every sense of that word which the vocabulary gives me  :D ).

i knew all the time, that eventually i would have to quit, that there is no betwixt option. i guess it was the right time now.

Jahn

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 03:48:42 AM »

Great plans there T!

These plans (structure) and exercise - life style related - are very good to use for your growth purpose.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 10:47:57 PM »
Life has been smoothly rolling towards the completion of these plans. I have such a wonderful job, that i don't have to work in summer, so no problem with vacation. Also my job is physically relatively hard (carrying hard equipment and mostly staying on foot during the work time) , so i think i have become stronger. This is all good, especially for the knees and legs, it will be easier to walk for a long time. I should add a little more something to train heart and lungs. More bicycling or walking or running or swimming. It's a little bit boring to do these things alone.

The only thing that doesn't look so good, is that probably i will have to give away my photo equipment for the summer. So, no good camera...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 11:00:29 PM by Taimyr »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 08:59:54 AM »
still not smoking?

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 12:14:02 AM »
yep, mostly i don't even remember that i used to smoke.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 07:19:32 AM »
music to my ears

erik

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 05:45:56 PM »
I wonder where Taimi went to climb - another expedition of her climbing club returned from Elbrus, lately. Majority made it,  some did not. Hopefully, she had more success this time.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 10:00:54 AM »
I'm also looking forward to hearing what she will share upon return... and perhaps some photos too :)

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 01:23:30 AM »
Hello everyone!

My aim was not to necesserily make it to the summit and i didn't. Othervise it was all interesting. Nothing much to say right now, must let it sink. Pixies soon.

Nice to be home and piss in the toilet bowl  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk