Author Topic: Folly  (Read 320 times)

Jahn

Re: Folly
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 04:57:55 AM »
This is a monologue:

I say stupidity and you start to talk about intelligence, which is the expression of the mental body. Let me define what I mean with stupidity, in short; the opposite to stupidity is wisdom. Wisdom is love and a deep understanding that all things on our planet are interconnected. The opposition is to act as one are above the laws of nature and in these acts get alienated from the being that nourish us (our planet).

I mentioned deforestation as one example of stupidity (and alienation). To reduce the forests in general and the rainforest in particular is figuratively speaking the same as saw off the branch one is sitting on (cut off one's nose to spite one's face).

I also wrote “People in common could live in harmony with their land and surroundings, without being affected” [of others stupidity/alienation].
You get somewhere in the right track by stating that “The values, the meaning of being a human seem to be amiss”.

The value of being a human being has always to be seen in the relation and our infinite bound to our planet. We are like small ants walking on this earth and we should walk or ride with the utmost respect toward the Creation/creator that gave us a place here.

M is on the right track that with higher IQ some tend to develop less empathy.
In fact, those with intelligence, in the common sense of that word, demonstrate more stupidity than those without, because they have no excuse. I have often ponded why this is so.”
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:02:26 AM by Jahn »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 08:59:17 PM »
Wisdom is love and a deep understanding that all things on our planet are interconnected. The opposition is to act as one are above the laws of nature and in these acts get alienated from the being that nourish us (our planet).

I want to say more about this, in another thread, because it has come up in unexpected ways for me. There is a battle for the soul of humanity afoot again...

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 03:57:50 AM »

M is on the right track that with higher IQ some tend to develop less empathy.
In fact, those with intelligence, in the common sense of that word, demonstrate more stupidity than those without, because they have no excuse. I have often ponded why this is so.”

I want to tentatively agree with this; like holding on to my chess piece while I ponder my move.
I would only argue that higher IQ does not have to equal less empathy, I believe it is that the system prefers to develop IQ with little attention to empathy. Also empathy and IQ are still a small set of what we need to factor into th is discussion.

I say the system prefers IQ over empathy and I believe this is linked to issues of discrimination, racism, patriarchy, materialism, eugenics, objectification.... But what are all of these things? There is something else going on.... But what?

I just found this site: http://www.sociopathworld.com/
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 05:35:01 AM »
I have often ponded why this is so

I think its just a matter of balance.. perhaps they just get too far 'out there' sometimes
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »
Well, you know what they say about the difference between knowledge and wisdom. A "high IQ" may know a lot, but that doesn't make it wise.
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Jahn

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 03:26:31 AM »
Well, you know what they say about the difference between knowledge and wisdom. A "high IQ" may know a lot, but that doesn't make it wise.

Wisdom is about love ... or at least empathy.

Knowledge is what we learn in school. (though Toltec means (Hu/Wo)Man of Knowledge.

Knowingness is what we know through all our bodies, not only the mental one.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 07:40:14 AM »
I think its just a matter of balance.. perhaps they just get too far 'out there' sometimes

Yes!
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 12:02:43 PM »
Once a man learns to see he finds himself alone in the world with nothing but folly. Your acts, as well as the acts of your fellow men in general, appear to be important to you because you have learned to think they are important.

ASR DJ

Every act is as important as another act yet unimportant. Yet at the same time, some acts are more important when they actually are outside of folly.

When is it outside of folly, the act? When one puts their self-importance aside. Like I think of a fireman going into a fire to save a family. That would not be folly. That would be a selfless act.

However most selfish acts are folly. Which I think is the reason DJ said its folly. Because most people are selfish.

However when one is selfless, and puts another above themselves, it is not folly.

My two cents.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Jahn

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 08:38:07 PM »

Well, much can be thought about DJ:s explanations of folly.

Try to replace the word "folly" with the word "dream". That makes the lesson less "loaded" of how we value folly as something unwanted or bad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk