Author Topic: Lynn Andrews  (Read 175 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Lynn Andrews
« on: December 11, 2007, 12:39:11 AM »
When I was young finding good reading material was not easy, in Maine things are slow moving... lacking depth sometimes yet perfect in its simplicity. With the internet and increasing population things are picking up speed rapidly.

I discovered Lynn Andrews in my early 20s.. a friend gave me The Sisterhood of Wyrdd and I was hooked.  Ive since read everything of hers that Ive come in contact with.

I understood her vision, the teachings.. it felt like it was written for me!

I later found this same feeling with CC.

Both authors have faced the critics harsh and soft sides. It doesnt matter to me in the slightest what's said though.. if it touches my insides.. its worth the read.

I suggested the books to some friends.. and 1 out of 3 really 'got' it.  I think she's since read all of them.. and the others probably didnt make it past the first.

So its obviously not for everyone... like all things!

I havnt reread Lynns books.. I do often post quotes from them though. I think I might read them again this winter.

Has anyone here read her writings?
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Re: Lynn Andrews
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 12:43:59 AM »
Lynn Andrews is an internationally acclaimed author who has written 18 books, currently published in 12 languages. She has been on The New York Times bestseller list several times. Her books include Medicine Woman (now in its 40th printing), Jaguar Woman, Woman at the Edge of Two Worlds: The Spiritual Journey Through Menopause, and Dark Sister: A Sorcerer’s Love Story. Andrews is also the author of The Power Deck: The Cards of Wisdom, a series of self-affirming meditation cards, and four workbooks, as well as over 20 meditation and teaching audio tapes.

Andrews has been appearing as a renowned guest speaker on national and international media for the past 20 years. She has also lectured for Whole Life Expos for the past 20 years and has done speakers tours with Warner Brothers, HarperCollins, and Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam, a member of Penguin Putnam, Inc. Considered a preeminent teacher in the field of personal development, Andrews is a 21st century shaman whose words reflect her path, a path of heart. For 15 years, women and men from all over the world have gathered with her for her annual Joshua Tree four-day retreat.

In 1994, The Lynn Andrews Center for Sacred Arts and Training (Mystery School) was created. This program is a unique mystery school designed to integrate the sacred into every aspect of life. The curriculum offers a four-year professional certification program, and bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees are available. The Center offers CEUs to nurses, medical practitioners, and therapists. Lynn Andrews also has a formal program for ordained ministers.

Main Areas: Native Spiritual Growth; Personal Development; Empowerment; Women’s Health; Balancing Love and Power in One’s Life and Work
Best Sellers: “Jaguar Woman”
Career Focus: Author; Shaman; Teacher; Retreat Leader
Affiliation: Lynn Andrews Productions; Circle of Life

Lynn Andrews Books

Medicine Woman
Flight of the Seventh Moon
Jaguar Woman
Star Woman
Crystal Woman: The Sisters of the Dreamtime
Windhorse Woman: A Marriage of Spirit
Woman of Wyrrd: The Arousal of the Inner Fire
Shakkai: Woman of the Sacred Garden
Woman at the Edge of Two Worlds: The Spiritual Journey Through Menopause
Dark Sister: A Sorcerer’s Love Story

Favorite Quotes & Thoughts from Lynn Andrews

• You must never run from fear. You must face it. Fear is a tracker that will hunt you down.

• Shamanism is a subtle and alchemical process to transform and elevate the spirit beyond the constructs of the limits of reality. It is a space program for the soul and launches you out into the uncharted territory of the stars.

• Prayer is our heartsong to life and the great spirit.

• …the Sisterhood is in all of us. It is every woman who is keeping the dream alive. And the oldest dreamkeepers, the Grandmothers, are in danger at this very moment. We must write and we must act to keep the knowledge and the powers of woman alive.

• The person who upsets you the most is your best teacher because they bring you face to face with who you are.

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Jahn

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 03:47:54 AM »

• The person who upsets you the most is your best teacher because they bring you face to face with who you are.

heh, she said that?
Well she is not talking about teachers - of course, she is talking about petty tyrants in reality. I wish my daughter could read this ...

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 10:47:11 PM »
Remember the nourishment you get from sitting in the center of your own being, and when you begin to feel hungry inside for time, for space, you can take the time, and you will know how to nourish yourself and replenish yourself. Every day the body needs food and it needs sleep. Your spirit is just the same. The spirit shield, too, needs to be nourished. For there to be flames, for you to arouse the inner fire, there must be something to burn. For there to be power, there must be life force. So it is important for you to see how to nourish yourself.

Grandmother
The Woman of Wyrrd

-=-

Always be receptive to the wilderness of the world--the wilderness of spirit. Allow the mysterious and the strange to become part of your life. Be receptive to the non-ordinary mysteries of life. Many things that we humans need to learn cannot be taught in ordinary ways.

Ani
Windhorse Woman

-=-

There are many who coax their fears and the fears are sure to follow. When you are hunting, one way to call your prey is to find a place in your mind that welcomes him. Your prey will become curious and come and you can have him. Your fears function in the same manner. It is the enemy luring you to your death. Quit coaxing and stay out of sight. Otherwise, you will draw your enemy and it might not go well for you.

Agnes Whistling Elk

-=-

Part of what you need to learn in this earthwalk is to relax and trust in the Great Spirit that everything you are doing and feeling is correct for the time.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Shakkai, Woman of the Sacred Garden

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 01:33:02 AM »

There are many who coax their fears and the fears are sure to follow. When you are hunting, one way to call your prey is to find a place in your mind that welcomes him. Your prey will become curious and come and you can have him. Your fears function in the same manner. It is the enemy luring you to your death. Quit coaxing and stay out of sight. Otherwise, you will draw your enemy and it might not go well for you.

Agnes Whistling Elk

I like this one ... it's so very true.
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 10:23:16 PM »
Fear gives you a perfect opportunity to learn. It gives you the opportunity to witness, and when I say witness, I mean just to sit very silently and watch, not meditate, but just observe your feelings as they well up inside you, your feelings of pain, of whatever comes up. You need just to witness; watch what happens; do not make any movement or any judgement or choice. Just simply watch what happens. This witnessing will nourish the brilliance inside you.

Grandmother
The Woman of Wyrrd

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 10:24:37 PM »
When you want to control another person, you do not love that person. Not only do you not love them, but you become incapable of loving, because controlling is a restriction, a constriction. Loving is an opening and a letting go. When you let go to the magic that is around you and allow yourself to be open to love, then ecstacy is possible, because then you step into the world of the unknown, where there is no control. Then you step into the void where magic lives, where power lives. You become a true warrior of spirit.

Shakkai
Woman of the Sacred Garden

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »
Fear gives you a perfect opportunity to learn. It gives you the opportunity to witness, and when I say witness, I mean just to sit very silently and watch, not meditate, but just observe your feelings as they well up inside you, your feelings of pain, of whatever comes up. You need just to witness; watch what happens; do not make any movement or any judgement or choice. Just simply watch what happens. This witnessing will nourish the brilliance inside you.

Grandmother
The Woman of Wyrrd

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 09:36:53 PM »
Remember that we choose to come onto the earth to become enlightened. This physical body provides a great opportunity. When we are in the dimensions of Spirit, it is obvious that the physical dimension can give is a chance to erect and choose mirrors through family work and life situations. It is with these mirrors that enlightenment becomes possible.

Ani
Windhorse Woman

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »
"One day, Little Wolf, you will understand that to be loved, it is not necessary to accomplish. It is only necessary to be, simply to exist in your state of awareness. If you want to accomplish something out of that state, that is fine, and if you do not, that is fine too. There is inconditional love in the universe, not only from your friends and teachers, certainly we love you, but somehow there are times when you don't feel that."

"Yes, that is true, Ruby. Sometimes I feel very alone, very isolated and separated from everyone and everything. And there are other times when I feel at the center of the universe. I know that I am one with the Great Spirit."

"But you see," Ruby said, "those changes are very important. Those shifts, those movements, are important. Remember, enlightenment is within, the process and contained in the process of movement. Without that movement, there is no life."

Ryby Plenty Chiefs and Lynn
Shakkai, Woman of the Sacred Garden

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 01:02:52 AM »
Amen to THAT, little Grasshopper!  Without "that movement" as the Holy Spirit touches you, ANY one, there IS no life.  As I step out of that ominous Wall of Fog (or whatever else you wanna call it), new wings emerge.  Are they MY wings or the Spirits?  Or is not the wings at all that matter but, maybe, just their movement, OUR movement to a better life, a clearer and stronger Way? 

t2f

Offline Shamaya

• Pir
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »
Witness What You Believe In.

Those rocks represent each of your beliefs. There is the hoop of the world and the hoop of the self. Your hoops are like nests that surround you-very comforting. But you must recognize the existence of such safe nests. You must see that you sit on those rocks as if they were eggs and you were the mother hatching them. You must see that you are not free because you will never leave your nest of self-ignorance. You can spend the rest of your life hatching that if you want to. Those eggs will be the boundaries of your experience.

Agnes Whistling Elk,
Medicine Woman
The body is an instrument played by the Divine; listen to its music.
Reflect not, but respond to it with spontaneous right action in the moment.
Be the uninhibited dancer and move to the rhythm of Spirit.
© Barbara Atkinson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk