Author Topic: WE'RE STUFFED!!!  (Read 30527 times)

Gunslinger

Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!!
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2007, 05:18:36 AM »
Duly noted and added.   ;D

erik

« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2007, 05:30:34 AM »
That's the trick: live 4th way - and you'll understand.
Live Toltec - and you'll understand.
Live any tradition fully - and you'll understand.

Do mental - and mental you'll have.

Simple.

Offline Muffin

• Pir
  • Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2007, 07:40:26 AM »
ahem, yepp
huh???   ???
"The result of the manifestation is in exact proportion to the force of striving received from the shock." -Gurdjieff, Belzebub's Tales to his grandson

www.sensoriumdei.org

Gunslinger

« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2007, 07:58:54 AM »
I think that Eric means we understand by doing, feeling, and thinking.  Not just one, alone.

Is that accurate, Eric?

erik

« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2007, 04:15:03 PM »
Can living be reduced to doing, feeling and thinking?
I mean living.

erik

« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2007, 08:25:32 PM »
Do as I say, not as I do’ is Barroso’s green message
David Charter, and Rory Watson in Brussels

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article1480366.ece

The right to own a gas-guzzling car was indignantly compared with other fundamental human freedoms, such as the choice of a sexual and family life, by José Manuel Barroso, head of the European Commission yesterday.

Mr Barroso was challenged about his ownership of a large SUV (sports utility vehicle), minutes after warning Europe’s leaders that the eyes of the world would be upon them tomorrow at a summit at which he wants to set ambitious targets to cut greenhouse gases.

He denied that his choice of vehicle contradicted Commission plans to limit CO2 emissions from cars to 130 grammes per km.

His personal Volkswagen Touareg 4x4 pumps out 265 g/ km but he argues that it is mostly used by his wife, Margarida. On official business he tends to use a top-of-the range Mercedes with CO2 emissions of 270 g/km.

He said: “I never see myself as an example. A moralistic approach is not mine. We are setting public targets and should avoid giving certificates of good behaviour to individuals.”

Asked whether he should set an example in his own vehicle choice, he added: “People are responsible and should take their decisions.

“If you start on the environment you could go on to the family, sexual, etc. You have to respect the law and what we are doing is pushing for a more ambitious law.”

The proposed target of 130 g/km CO2 across all cars sold in Europe by 2012 would leave manufacturers free to produce big cars, provided that average emissions met the target.

Friends of the Earth Europe said: “Mr Barroso claims to be committed to fighting climate change while driving a big gas-guzzling car in the narrow roads of Brussels. As a high-profile politician he should be making significant changes to his own lifestyle.”

Jean Lambert, Green MEP for London, said: “The Commission’s own website urges people to take steps to reduce their carbon footprint. I recommend that Mr Barroso reads the website and gives some political leadership on climate change.”

Other politicians in Europe have adapted their travel habits. David Miliband, the Environment Secretary, for example, offsets his flights.

Mr Barroso was speaking at a preview of the two-day leaders’ summit in Brussels that will consider ambitious climate change goals, including a 20 per cent cut in greenhouse gas emissions by 2020 and a target to use 10 per cent more biofuels. A call for a binding target of 20 per cent for renewable energy across Europe is being resisted by the Poles and the Czechs.

Mr Barroso declared: “This is an opportunity for European leaders to match intentions with deeds, to turn words into actions. ”

Mr Barroso said that tackling climate change “must be a defining mission for the European Union for the future” and featured in the Berlin declaration on March 25, a statement of EU achievements in the 50 years since it was formed.

Clear the air

CO2 emissions in g/km

Toyota Prius hybrid: 104

Fiat Panda 1.1: 135

Mini Cooper: 174

Renault Scenic: 205

Ford Mondeo 2.0: 218

VW Tuareg: 265

Rolls Royce Phantom: 327

Source: Vehicle Certification Agency

Gunslinger

« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2007, 12:06:08 AM »
Can living be reduced to doing, feeling and thinking?
I mean living.

The words, "doing, thinking, and feeling" are my expressions in language of the DOING of living, as you put it.

Gunslinger

« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2007, 12:12:53 AM »

I'm not going to argue with this.  My point in this excercise is that arguments for one side or the other are pointless.  Arguing beliefs is silly.  They matter not.

Gunslinger

« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2007, 12:30:11 AM »
It doesn't matter which beliefs we use.  One set is as good as another, because good and bad (a belief system) doesn't matter, either.

What does matter is what we create.  The beliefs we use to filter our reception and projection of energy into perception only matter for the purpose of creating that perception.   What matters is what we intend to perceive, and thus create.

It doesn't matter that I hold strong beliefs in democracy.   And, my beliefs about democracy are not absolute.  They are purely for the choices in my experience.

Gunslinger

« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2007, 01:13:22 AM »
Your beliefs twist and distort your perception.
Hence your precise language does not reflect the world as it is.

Simple.

Yours do, too.

NEENER NEENER NEENER!

Silly goose!!

The world is what you make it to be.

nichi

« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2007, 03:54:29 AM »
Does the falling tree make a sound with no one to hear it? ~Yes.
Does the sound depend upon my awareness of it or my intent? ~No.

Gunslinger

« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2007, 05:08:24 AM »
Yes, that's what this thread is about.  Only, it goes far deeper down the rabbit hole than just beliefs about destroying the world via man-made CO2.

How far we want to go down there depends on us, my friend.

Indulge this request, Eric.  Let's each refrain from making any assumptions about how far the other of us has gone down that hole.  Deal?

Gunslinger

« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2007, 05:15:38 AM »
Does the falling tree make a sound with no one to hear it? ~Yes.
Does the sound depend upon my awareness of it or my intent? ~No.

My point is, whether it makes a sound, or not, depends partly on our beliefs as to whether it does, or does not.   How that shakes out partly determines whether we hear it, or not.

Interesting side issues are whether we intend to hear it or not, and whether and how we are aware of the sound.

Gunslinger

« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2007, 05:50:45 AM »
That's very true, Eric.  "IT DEPENDS ON THE ENERGY YOU PUT OUT THERE."

Why, are you conceding that at least I create my own reality?

*snork*

If I can, so can you.  You do.

*laughs with you, not at you*

Gunslinger

« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2007, 06:02:05 AM »
That is acceptable.  Have a good evening.

Namaste'
Todd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk