Author Topic: WE'RE STUFFED!!!  (Read 31244 times)

nichi

Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!!
« Reply #675 on: October 13, 2008, 10:05:47 PM »
Sounds like something Fox News would say -- our right-wing news station!
The National Review would tend to have a little more class, but ... they're right-wing too.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:10:33 PM by nichi »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #676 on: October 14, 2008, 12:08:45 AM »
A had a small dinner party Friday night. I invited those from my area living the closest to me. I wanted to feel the energy directly that surrounds my woodland.

We spoke of many things.. politics included. To be honest with you.. it was a bit scarey.  The state of my fellow woods people is that of great fear and hurt... of blind fear.

I sat mostly silent, sending each person love as they spoke and my heart listened to the words with ears within.

Im walking lightly the direction of a vision.. one that started for me long ago. This dinner party was a clear chalk board given to those who surround me to leave their whispers .. a board I reflect upon today for my direction.

I received the following in my email this morning.. it reflects strongly the words of those who ate dinner at my table just days before. My stomache tightens as I read such sickness.. may my strength be met with clarity to stand tall admist such overwhelming hurt.

FWIW.. this was sent to me from Texas.. so its obviously not rooted in small town Maine but spreading like a wild fire of fear/hate.

-=-

Can a muslim be a good American
I received this from a good friend of mine   I'm very interested in American politics and have had some walls come up the more I hear of Barak Obama.  I thought this was worth repeating although I don't know the person who originally started this e-mail..

This is very interesting and we all need to read it
 from start to Finish and send it on to anyone who will read
 it. Maybe this is why our American Muslims are so quiet and
 not speaking out about any atrocities. Can a good Muslim be
 a good American? This question was forwarded to a friend
 who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is
 his reply:

Theologically - no . . . Because his allegiance is
 to Allah, The moon God of Arabia

Religiously - no. . . Because no other religion is
 accepted by His Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)(Koran)

Scripturally - no. . . Because his allegiance is to
 the five Pillars of Islam and the Quran.

Geographically - no . Because his allegiance is to
  Mecca , to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially - no. . . Because his allegiance to Islam
 forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews

Politically - no. . . Because he must submit to the
 mullahs (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of
  Israel and destruction of America , the great Satan.

Domestically - no. . Because he is instructed to
 marry four Women and beat and scourge his wife when she
 disobeys him (Quran 4:34)

Intellectually - no. . Because he cannot accept the
 American Constitution since it is based on Biblical
 principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically - no. . . Because Islam, Muhammad,
 and the Quran does not allow freedom of religion and
 expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every
 Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually - no. . . Because when we declare
 'one nation under God,' the Christian's God is
 loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as
 Heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The
 Quran's 99 excellent names.

Therefore, after much study and deliberation....

Perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS
 in this country. - - - They obviously cannot be both
 'good' Muslims and good Americans.

Call it what you wish it's still the truth. You
 had better believe it. The more who understand this, the
 better it will be for our country and our future. The
 religious war is bigger than we know or understand .. .

And Barack Hussein Obama, a Muslim, wants to be our
 President? You have GOT to be kidding! Wake up America !

Obama even says if he wins the election, he will be
 sworn in on the Quran---not a Bible!

Footnote: He was sworn in on the Quran for his
 current office and he refuses to pledge allegiance to the
 United States or  put his hand over his heart when the National Anthem is played!  The Muslims have said they will
 destroy us from within. Hello! Having a Muslim president
 would seem to fit the bill! Will you trust this man with
 our national secrets?

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

nichi

« Reply #677 on: October 14, 2008, 12:13:41 AM »
That's atrocious!

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #678 on: October 14, 2008, 12:16:56 AM »
At one point in the evening I went to turn some music to softly blanket the night. I flipped thru my satalite channels and found a new one listed.. Obama's message.. or something like that.

As the talk in the other room still lingered.. I smiled and in a joking way.. asked if they would like to listen to it.

I caught the eyes of my husband and he grinned back.. knowing my heart of the matter.

He had also stayed silent and listened curiously of the hatred in the room growing with passion.

He answered me, as he rolled his eyes "I bet its in Arabic" and we both burst out laughing which sent the hate inward for reflection pretty quick.

Ended the talk of politics pretty quick as our guests sqirmed slightly.

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

nichi

« Reply #679 on: October 14, 2008, 12:24:02 AM »
Tricky position, Jen! (Careful there... this fever is the stuff of which mobs are made!)

((((((((Blanket of Safety and Love Over You and Yours!  :-* :-*)))))))))

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #680 on: October 14, 2008, 12:48:34 AM »
These attitudes are fostered purposely, and many just pick them up thoughtlessly.

They are a sign of desperation by the Republican hard right, because they know that as it stands now, Obama is going to sweep the polls:

Democrat Barack Obama, propelled forward by mounting economic concerns among Americans, now leads his Republican rival John McCain 53 per cent to 43 per cent, a new opinion poll showed today.

Authors of the ABC News/Washington Post survey said historically, no presidential candidate has been able to come back from an October deficit this large in pre-election polls dating back to 1936.

But what these attitudes do show, is a growing likelihood that some will take matters into their own hands. McCain knows this, and has never been a friend of this type of attitude in America, so he has tried to put a stop to it, but I fear it has grown too strong to be stopped. Whether it will translate into some event, is the question.

I watched this in Australia with our last election, where the right couldn't help themselves - they kept doing what they always did, but the times had changed. people had had enough, and a growing nausea could be felt, which tossed out the people who peddle this spirit.

We will see, but I hope sanity prevails.

Your story Jen is a good one, as it demonstrates something I have been wanting to speak about. How do we behave in the face of all this drama about us? That is what this whole thread is about. We have to hone our purpose within the world, not just in isolation. And we do that in a special way.

nichi

« Reply #681 on: October 14, 2008, 12:54:38 AM »
My roommate stands in the doorway of my room, working himself into a frenzy over this stuff.  Our politics are the same, as it happens, but his fever is far more insane. Luckily he is able to hear, "Listen to yourself!"

But he is a closet vigilante, you see.

erik

« Reply #682 on: October 14, 2008, 02:11:12 AM »
Put people under pressure and you'll see what they're made of.

Idiocy has a knack of getting its way.

erik

« Reply #683 on: October 14, 2008, 02:27:43 AM »
We have to hone our purpose within the world, ot just in isolation.

Gave a presentation today to a bunch of high-level people from various sectors of our state. Showed them how in Georgia (btw did anybody notice a five-day war there during Olympics? - I did not talk about deliberately  ;)) politics substituted statesmanship, how the destiny of nation was gambled, and the nation was thrown 15 years back in time.

Where are the bloody guts of people when they need to decide the fate of many?

erik

« Reply #684 on: October 14, 2008, 02:57:46 AM »
We need OUR money, you BET we gonna use ANTI-TERROR LAWS!

Icelandic losses met by seizure

By Jerome Taylor
Monday, 13 October 2008

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/icelandic-losses-met-by-seizure-959290.html

The Icelandic assets seized by the UK Government under anti-terror laws are more than enough to pay back British savers caught up in the country's banking collapse. At least £4bn is thought to have been frozen in the immediate aftermath of the collapse, £1bn more than councils, charities and individual savers stand to lose.

The decision to invoke anti-terror laws was described by the Icelandic Prime Minister, Geir Haarde, as a "completely unfriendly act".

But the news that the British Government looks capable of paying off any losses with seized assets appeared not to have calmed local councils, many of which have invested millions of pounds in Icelandic saver accounts. This week representatives of local authorities which have invested hundreds of millions of pounds in investment banks will meet the Icelandic ambassador in the hope that they can win assurances that their investments in the bankrupted country will be repaid.

The Local Government Association (LGA) said an estimated 108 councils had deposited almost £800m in Icelandic banks. The LGA has already had a meeting with the British Government and won a promise that authorities facing severe short-term difficulties will receive assistance.

Fears have been raised by unions that some councils may have used Icelandic accounts to hold payroll. Although no council has admitted salaries are at risk, Braintree in Essex is thought to be one council in such a position. Unison, which represents local government workers, has written to the LGA expressing "grave concern" about any salary shortages that may possibly result from the collapse.

Meanwhile, the billionaire businessman Sir Phillip Green looks set to invest up to £2bn in a troubled Icelandic retailing group that owns House of Fraser, Karen Millen and Hamleys. Sir Philip has held talks with the Icelandic government about buying debt from the retailing group Baugur, thought to have lost over £1bn in the crisis. Sir Philip, who owns Bhs and Topshop, described Baugur as "fundamentally sound".

The tycoon criticised the "barrage" of negative news in the media, which he described as "fundamentally unhelpful" to Britain's economic recovery.

"We have not yet seen significant corporate collapse," he said. "We haven't seen significant unemployment. Do I think there are pressures in the economy? Of course. But if we keep frightening everybody it will feed on itself."

Jahn

« Reply #685 on: October 14, 2008, 03:56:31 AM »
Gave a presentation today to a bunch of high-level people from various sectors of our state. Showed them how in Georgia (btw did anybody notice a five-day war there during Olympics? - I did not talk about deliberately  ;)) politics substituted statesmanship, how the destiny of nation was gambled, and the nation was thrown 15 years back in time.

Where are the bloody guts of people when they need to decide the fate of many?

Yes that incident was hot stuff in Sweden both the minister of defence and the minister of foreign affairs, Carl Bildt, were active in media some weeks then to clarify details.

It is difficult because EU support Georgien while on the other hand most states wants to be on dicussion terms with Russia.

erik

« Reply #686 on: October 14, 2008, 04:00:48 AM »
It is difficult because EU support Georgien while on the other hand most states wants to be on dicussion terms with Russia.

Yes, and Georgian leadership behaved like damn gamblers. They decided to give in to their ambitions and fears, and militarily challenge Russia.

erik

« Reply #687 on: October 15, 2008, 04:37:33 AM »
I'm in free...free falling...

Icelandic stock market plunges a massive 76 per cent as the rest of the world enjoys huge gains

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1077417/Icelandic-stock-market-plunges-massive-76-cent-rest-world-enjoys-huge-gains.html

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 2:28 PM on 14th October 2008

The Icelandic Stock Market plunged a massive 76 per cent today in stark contrast to markets elsewhere around the world.

As shares in the UK, Asia and Europe soared after record gains on Wall Street last night, Iceland's blue chip index crashed through the floor.

It is the market's first day of trading since last Wednesday and the fallout from the almost total collapse of its financial sector came home to roost immediately.

Despite trading remaining suspended in six banks, there were huge losses which will take the Icelandic economy even closer to collapse.

Officials are in Russia today asking for an emergency loan - potentially worth billions of euros - to shore up its finances.

Iceland has already asked the International Monetary Fund for help to ease the crisis and ministers have suggested it should join the EU to safeguard the economy.

Frozen credit markets have brought the country to its knees and the Government is battling to keep the banking system afloat.

The state has been forced to takeover three of the country's largest banks in recent weeks, freezing accounts held by individuals, charities and public sector bodies in Britain.

Individual investors have had their savings guaranteed by the Treasury, but the councils appear certain to lose their investments. Charities are believed to have lost £120 million.

The Bank of England is loaning £100million to the British arm of collapsed Icelandic bank Landsbanki to help repay British savers.

Talks are also under way between Treasury officials and the Icelandic government to try and get back the money lost by town halls.

Over the past decade, Iceland's financial sector bloomed to bring unprecedented prosperity to its 300,000 population.

It won favour with foreign savers and investors because of its attractive interest rates but the global financial crisis has left the entire country foundering.

Beat Siegenthaler, chief strategist emerging markets at TD Securities in London, said today: 'It is clear that Iceland will need substantial foreign aid in order to prevent further major damage to the economy.'

Today's shares plunge came as it emerged city middlemen may have profited from the loss of British taxpayers' money in the banking crash.

One major broking firm has acknowledged that commissions could have been paid by the failed Icelandic banks in return for investments made by local councils and other public sector organisations.

Evidence has emerged that firms acting as paid financial consultants to town halls may have advised officials on investments.

Concerns over the role of financial advice firms were raised as the council that lost the most - Kent - began an inquiry into how it came to put £50million into the collapsed institutions.

Leaders called in accountants PricewaterhouseCoopers to 'independently assess the advice given to Kent County Council and to review the operation of the internal control process'.

Councils were in many cases advised on their investment policies by independent firms.

One, Butlers, is part of ICAP, the City broker run by Tory Party treasurer Michael Spencer.

ICAP said yesterday it was 'possible' that it had received commission from Icelandic banks on investments made by councils advised by Butlers.

A spokesman said that Butlers - retained by 130 councils - does not take commission from banks or give direct investment advice.

However Kent said in a statement that it had 'regular meetings with Butlers, our advisers'.

The other major adviser to councils and other public bodies is Sector Treasury Services, a subsidiary of the Capita group, which has contracts with 250 authorities.

Sector has said it does not advise councils on where to invest. However, this is contradicted in documents obtained by the Mail.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:42:44 AM by 829th »

Jahn

« Reply #688 on: October 15, 2008, 04:48:25 AM »
I'm in free...free falling...

But you should know E that the stock market on Iceland only fell 2 %.
The other 70 percent was counting in the Iceland banks that are set to zero at the moment, and no trade are allowed with bank stocks there.

erik

« Reply #689 on: October 15, 2008, 04:58:16 AM »
But you should know E that the stock market on Iceland only fell 2 %.
The other 70 percent was counting in the Iceland banks that are set to zero at the moment, and no trade are allowed with bank stocks there.

True, Financial Times even says that the actual drop after re-levelling the market with three banks nationalised constituted 0.5%, but the overall blue-chip drop was nevertheless 76%. It says quite a bit about what the Icelandinc blue-chip index is made of.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 05:01:15 AM by 829th »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk