Author Topic: WE'RE STUFFED!!!  (Read 31262 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!!
« Reply #750 on: November 02, 2008, 03:55:39 AM »
One of my wings is in the sky;
I have trailed the other below.
Have I not drunk Soma?

Offline Muffin

• Pir
  • Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #751 on: November 02, 2008, 06:13:37 AM »
It won't be for any of us to say, will it?
It's good to not be in the romantic dreamscape, but pretending to be on the committee of the grim reaper is the other extreme. 

I mean, to view events like the 2004 tsunami, katrina, the financial meltdown, the global meltdown, etc, with sporting interest seems like some macabre act of vampirism. It's beyond stalking ... there's something in it which says "f-k you", to me.  In other words, it feels more diabolical than helpful, to me.

Why does it feel diabolical to me? Because there are those here who feel so "certain" and "right" about the doom-prediction. Do those of you who feel so sure ever consider that your own projections into the matter intensify and feed the possibility of your accuracy?

But then again, I'm perhaps in a more dangerous area than most of the folks here -- below sea level, on the coast, privy to hurricanes, an excellent "ground zero" per military interests, downwind from D.C. and NYC. So maybe I don't have the same luxury others here seem to have, and don't really find it all that sporting to assess "Who?" it will be. It's too close to home, perhaps.

I don't expect my "emotional" reaction to count for anything there, but as the bets go on increasingly, here, I feel like mounting the sacrificial slab myself, just to end the suspense. Then everyone can diabolically analyze that!

A loss is a loss .... this ain't Las Vegas.

When the shit hits the fan, we will all have to make our stand right where we are.
There aren't and won't be any safe zones.
I've been giving a lot of thoughts lately, and kind of think of it this way (using the toltec analogy):
In past small groups of warriors formed a group to journey into the unknown, the nagual. While it is a dangerous task, they had the comfort of a safe place they could return to. They journied until the group was able to withstand the definitive journey.
In contrast, now, the nagual, the eternity is coming to pay us a visit. I think it will be much like a judgement day (except that you won't be judged by your sins :p).
We won't have the luxury of safe zones those small groups had.

However what we need to do is not much different.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 06:17:33 AM by ∞ »
"The result of the manifestation is in exact proportion to the force of striving received from the shock." -Gurdjieff, Belzebub's Tales to his grandson

www.sensoriumdei.org

erik

« Reply #752 on: November 02, 2008, 06:15:39 AM »
How long will it be before one of us dies? We have know each other for many years now, so the odds must be building - who will it be?

Thought precisely about it yesterday and today. Even visualised the situation where some us were gone to the other side. Felt the gaps. Felt very real.

erik

« Reply #753 on: November 02, 2008, 06:19:46 AM »
Hope is driven by fear.

Offline Muffin

• Pir
  • Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #754 on: November 02, 2008, 06:23:19 AM »
Hope is driven by fear.
So does the work. :p
"The result of the manifestation is in exact proportion to the force of striving received from the shock." -Gurdjieff, Belzebub's Tales to his grandson

www.sensoriumdei.org

erik

« Reply #755 on: November 02, 2008, 06:33:46 AM »
Quote from: ∞ on November 02, 2008, 06:23:19 AM
Quote from: ∞ on November 02, 2008, 06:23:19 AM
So does the work. :p

;)
Liked your words about making the stand wherever we'll be when the shit hits the fan!

tangerine dream

« Reply #756 on: November 02, 2008, 08:53:28 AM »

I suppose you'll laugh, but what I was doing was posting on this forum! Connecting internationally, to spread and extend some reaching hand of ethereal hope or at least awareness, thereby increasing the sense of a global kind of unity. So fool me, eh? The thing you're calling "blithe" and "fantasy"-ridden were my very efforts to create a different reality.

I'm not laughing V.  What's the point of having a place like Soma, of being folks who can see and have the power to affect change, if we don't use it?

Do those of you who feel so sure ever consider that your own projections into the matter intensify and feed the possibility of your accuracy?

Possible isn't it?

Which is why I choose not to engage in the fear mongering and the doomsday predictions.  I'd rather focus my attention and energy on things such as those  you mentioned above.

Quote from: 829th on Today at 03:19:46 PM
Hope is driven by fear.

I do believe that fear can spur hope in some instances, but to say that hope is driven by fear may be missing out on some of the reasons, the point of having hope.  Hope creates a glimmer of light in the darkness that can be as a beacon in the night, and from that glimmer great things can often manifest.
 ;D

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 09:29:23 AM by dust »

nichi

« Reply #757 on: November 02, 2008, 09:59:24 AM »
Quote from: ∞ on November 02, 2008, 06:13:37 AM
Quote from: ∞ on November 02, 2008, 06:13:37 AM

When the shit hits the fan, we will all have to make our stand right where we are.
There aren't and won't be any safe zones.
I've been giving a lot of thoughts lately, and kind of think of it this way (using the toltec analogy):
In past small groups of warriors formed a group to journey into the unknown, the nagual. While it is a dangerous task, they had the comfort of a safe place they could return to. They journied until the group was able to withstand the definitive journey.
In contrast, now, the nagual, the eternity is coming to pay us a visit. I think it will be much like a judgement day (except that you won't be judged by your sins :p).
We won't have the luxury of safe zones those small groups had.

However what we need to do is not much different.

It's exactly what we should be doing, R!

erik

« Reply #758 on: November 02, 2008, 10:01:46 AM »
It's exactly what we should be doing, R!

We ought to start from looking into and thinking about 'unthinkable'.

nichi

« Reply #759 on: November 02, 2008, 10:03:23 AM »
We ought to start from looking into and thinking about 'unthinkable'.

I do that 24-7, E.
And?

erik

« Reply #760 on: November 02, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
I do that 24-7, E.
And?

Have you conquered your fear? Your post about 'diabolical approach' suggested that you live in fear.

nichi

« Reply #761 on: November 02, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »
Have you conquered your fear? Your post about 'diabolical approach' suggested that you live in fear.

What is conquering fear? Ceasing to have it? if so, no, I haven't conquered it. Why should I? I need it, in order to rightly assess the situations as they come up.

Do you think a warrior is fearless?

erik

« Reply #762 on: November 02, 2008, 10:11:01 AM »
Do you think a warrior is fearless?

No, but not dominated by it either.

nichi

« Reply #763 on: November 02, 2008, 10:11:59 AM »
No, but not dominated by it either.

Agreed.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #764 on: November 02, 2008, 10:18:19 AM »
I will use my snake story: There are a lot of snakes around where I live, and one particularly is perhaps the deadliest in the world - normally considered so not due to its potency of poison, which is none the less way up there with the best, but due to its volatile nature... no sleepy fellow this one.

Some people would come to visit me and we would go for a walk in the hot summer day, through the long grass etc.

Most visitors would not even think much about snakes, and when I dutifully would warn them, they were often frozen with the horror at the prospect. (I like that 'horror at the prospect' - good name for something.)

One of my friends used to prance off gaily into the bush saying, "I never think about snakes, and they don't appear."

Good luck with that one, I used to think to myself - there was no point in telling her as she didn't like being told anything.

Myself, born of a sunny disposition, was never troubled, but I do recall when I changed my own view.

It was reading of Rolling Thunder who had the same problem when taking people through the scrub. He used to say, "With any luck we will see a snake... I really like snakes." And when he did, he was delighted, as not only did he have no fear of snakes, but he loved to dance with them. What he did have for snakes was respect.

The existence of a lurking danger ... death in any of its many forms ... is a boon beyond measure, as it brings us many gifts. The gift of respect, awareness, plus the opportunity to realise our fears and transform them. Fears unacknowledged are like beacons to the feared.

Rolling Thunder showed me many years ago, that the real posture is edge. If we have not edge, we are sitting ducks.

Everything I have tried to do in Soma, can be reduced to convincing members of the profound power and beauty of edge, and how to gain it!

As they say, "Edge is a woman alone."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk