Author Topic: WE'RE STUFFED!!!  (Read 30953 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!!
« Reply #1035 on: April 30, 2009, 12:49:51 PM »
I am considering removing all references to 'swine' and 'pig' from the forum, as it seems even saying those words can spread this deadly disease.

erik

« Reply #1036 on: April 30, 2009, 02:29:36 PM »
Don't follow the question in context -- I was corroborating your statement that governments have dealt with this flu before.

I was trying to make the point that that partiular experience from  the-post WWI time tends to overshadow attitudes with regard to the flu. Yes, it is potentially lethal thing. No, there have not been outbreaks even remotely similar to that of the post-WWI one. Ford's administration's experience is a case in point. In the present case, there was story on CNN that the outbreak has been tracked down to the 'ground zero' and to the first patient - or so they claimed - who was a small Mexican boy who survived the illness.

The world is nuts - Pakistani air force is striking targets within 50 miles from capital. That is called a civil war in the nuclear country. Some people currently seriously plan strikes at Iranian nuclear objects. Flu messes around. It all is frightening from the perspective of 'What is happening to the cozy world of ours?!' From individual perspective - the ending of life has been in the script from the moment of birth.

There is no reason whatsoever to allow the fear to dominate. There isn't that much to lose.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #1037 on: April 30, 2009, 02:35:21 PM »
I was trying to make the point that that particular experience from  the-post WWI time tends to overshadow attitudes with regard to the flu.

Yes, I can imagine that it does. Rather like the "plague" invoking a real revulsion and horror, even if one hasn't encountered it or heard much about it.  Call it genetic memory or downright archetypal, but yes, I agree.
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #1038 on: April 30, 2009, 02:44:03 PM »
Switching horses a bit.
PBS is running a documentary made a few years ago on the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I saw it before. It was very impressive, if not unforgettable, and the viewer was left with all the obvious karmic ponderings.

The anniversary is August 6, so that's not why they're airing it. In a world of no accidents and big brother mind control, one really has to wonder, "Why tonight?"

If one is ever interested, even for sport, in the manipulations of the media, now is the time to pay attention. I haven't figured out yet what the main event really is, though, right now. But something is definitely afoot.

</conspiracy theory>
~Hsin Hsin Ming

erik

« Reply #1039 on: April 30, 2009, 02:50:49 PM »
In Latvia they have discussed closing 60% of hospitals due to economic crisis.
Chinese are building aircraft carriers and nuclear missile submarines.
Climate...
Nature...
New weapons...
Greed...
Fear...
Anger...
'Justice'...
'Punishing' the baddies...
Lust...

Where is the focus of all of it? Where is the 'ground zero' of these developments and driving forces?
Human mind.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:55:36 PM by 829th »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #1040 on: April 30, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
Human mind I agree, its like a conscious wave, and ive been watching some of this stuff on youtube about the mayans and incas and the hopi elders and all of the warnings, they said all this would happen. And they all agree somehow that 2012 date has singificance. All this occuring right now on the globe, its hard not to look at the elders, nod and say 'they were right.'
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #1041 on: April 30, 2009, 03:03:25 PM »
Where is the 'ground zero' of these developments and driving forces?
Human mind.

Oui.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #1042 on: April 30, 2009, 03:09:43 PM »
In a different vein, just had a play-on-words in my mind which I'll share, for a little levity.

On my news page, the headline of the lead article is this:
"WHO says swine flu pandemic is imminent"

And my mind turned it around to,
'Who SAYS swine flu pandemic is imminent?'

A tiny jest on a breezy evening.  ;)  Bon nuit!
~Hsin Hsin Ming

tangerine dream

« Reply #1043 on: April 30, 2009, 07:42:25 PM »
I am considering removing all references to 'swine' and 'pig' from the forum, as it seems even saying those words can spread this deadly disease.

Good idea!

erik

« Reply #1044 on: April 30, 2009, 10:30:23 PM »
Good idea!

We can't play an ostrich, can we? Stick our head into the sand and pretend bad things don't exist? I know, many do it and they allegedly live happily ever after.  ;)

Good for them, but somewhere a few things about what happens in reality could also be said.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 10:34:31 PM by 829th »

tangerine dream

« Reply #1045 on: April 30, 2009, 11:49:02 PM »
We can't play an ostrich, can we? Stick our head into the sand and pretend bad things don't exist? I know, many do it and they allegedly live happily ever after.  ;)

Feeding the frenzy is a far cry from pretending things don't exist.   There is an in-between.

I think what m was saying and I agreed on was that it's not necessary to add our energy to the hype and drama and fear out there.

Our thoughts create our World.  And words do even more so.

People with Power (Sorcerers)  shoud be responsible with their words and energies.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:53:15 PM by Celesta »

erik

« Reply #1046 on: May 01, 2009, 01:57:56 AM »
A few more of these awful words...   ;)

Climate chaos predicted by CO2 study

World will have exceeded 2050 safe carbon emissions limit by 2020, scientists say

By Steve Connor, Science Editor

Thursday, 30 April 2009

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/climate-chaos-predicted-by-co2-study-1676411.html

The world will overshoot its long-term target on greenhouse gas emissions within two decades. A study has found that the average global temperature will rise above the threshold that could cause dangerous climate change during that time.

Scientists have calculated that the world has already produced about a third of the total amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) that could be emitted between 2000 and 2050 and still keep within a C rise in global average temperatures.

At the current rate at which CO2 is emitted globally – which is increasing by 3 per cent a year – countries will have exceeded their total limit of 1,000 billion tons within 20 years, which would be about 20 years earlier than planned under international obligations. "If we continue burning fossil fuels as we do, we will have exhausted the carbon budget in merely 20 years, and global warming will go well beyond C," said Malte Meinshausen of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research in Germany, who led the study, published in Nature.

"Substantial reductions in global emissions have to begin soon – before 2020. If we wait longer, the required phase-out of carbon emissions will involve tremendous economic costs and technological challenges. We should not forget that a C global mean warming would take us far beyond the variations that Earth has experienced since we humans have been around."

It is the first time scientists have calculated accurately the amount of greenhouse gas emissions that can be released into the atmosphere between 2000 and 2050 and still have a reasonable chance of avoiding temperature rises higher than C above pre-industrial levels – widely viewed as a "safe" threshold.

The scientists found the total amount of greenhouse gases that could be released over this time would be equivalent to 1,000 billion tons of CO2. This is equivalent to using up about 25 per cent of known reserves of oil, gas and coal, said Bill Hare, a co-author of the study.

The study concluded that the world must agree on a cut in carbon dioxide emissions of more than 50 per cent by 2050 if the probability of exceeding a C rise in average temperatures is to be limited to a risk of 1 in 4.

"With every year of delay [in agreeing on further cuts], we consume a larger part of our emissions budget, losing room to manoeuvre and increasing the probabilities of dangerous consequences," said Reto Knutti of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, a member of the research team.

Myles Allen of Oxford University said the total emissions of CO2 that have accumulated in the atmosphere since the start of the Industrial Revolution in the mid-18th century are the really important figure for future climate change.

"Mother Nature doesn't care about dates. To avoid dangerous climate change we will have to limit the total amount of carbon we inject into the atmosphere, not just the emission rate in any given year," Dr Allen said.

tangerine dream

« Reply #1047 on: May 01, 2009, 05:19:14 AM »
And how exactly makes not talking you more responsible than talking? By not saying a word 'flu' the 'flu' ceases? :) Aren't you overestimating a bit your importance to and impact on this world? :)

I do not overestimate my or anyone's impact on our World. 

This is not my idea 829th, nor is it a new one.  The Grandfathers say this, along with many other Wise Ones.   Be careful with your words, they can be used to harm or to heal.  You are responsible for the words you use.  Make them count. 

tangerine dream

« Reply #1048 on: May 01, 2009, 05:40:00 AM »

tangerine dream

« Reply #1049 on: May 01, 2009, 06:00:05 AM »
Innocent smile  ;D

I do not wish to debate with you here.  It is a waste of energy when there are so many other things we could be doing. 

If you do not agree with me and my views, fine, but I see no reason to resort to games and I will not.    This conversation is over as far as I am concerned.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:05:09 AM by Celesta »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk