Author Topic: WE'RE STUFFED!!!  (Read 30956 times)

Online Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!!
« Reply #1935 on: March 19, 2014, 08:23:51 AM »
I didn't think it would end. I can't believe Putin is swayed by sentiment over Crimea. There must be some hard reasons he wants to claim this territory, which would indicate he is not put off by any artificial borders.

erik

Russian invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1936 on: March 19, 2014, 08:59:11 AM »
There must be some hard reasons he wants to claim this territory

The moment was favourable: Ukraine was in turmoil, Olympic Games just ended (btw in 2008, during summer Olympics, Russia and Georgia went to war), Putin thought he had Europe hooked to his gas, whereas the US was 'pivoting' to the Pacific. Everything seemed to be perfectly in place.

This is what Putin dreams and has written about in a couple of books:

erik

« Reply #1937 on: March 19, 2014, 05:55:34 PM »
History has an uncanny ability to repeat itself

Online Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Russian invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1938 on: March 19, 2014, 09:37:22 PM »
So the focus now is on how to keep Russia from taking over Ukraine. Doesn't look good. Personally, if I was Ukrainian, I'd be looking to get out. This could turn into another Chechnya or Syria - every clan for itself.

erik

Re: Russian invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1939 on: March 19, 2014, 11:19:27 PM »
So the focus now is on how to keep Russia from taking over Ukraine. Doesn't look good. Personally, if I was Ukrainian, I'd be looking to get out. This could turn into another Chechnya or Syria - every clan for itself.

Northern and western parts of Ukraine are radically anti-Russian, but one could speculate about the loss of eastern and south-eastern regions of Ukraine. Some strategic assessments consider it possible that Russia could take eastern Ukraine and then all of its Black Sea coast to connect with another region like Crimea - Transnistria.

Clearly, one could escape or one could go to war. The Ukrainian officers I know are readying themselves for war. This war - if it comes to that - will make Syria to look like a street riot. Two seriously big nations going against each other will overshadow majority of conflicts since World War II
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:11:43 AM by erik »

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #1940 on: March 20, 2014, 08:11:57 AM »
The way I see it, it is a game of power for Putin. He doesn't care about the people, or even gas and all that so much, it's just a game. It's typical for people who have their basic survival needs absolutely sattisfied, and have a specific click in the brain for power.

erik

It is about knowing what effort means
« Reply #1941 on: March 20, 2014, 04:25:15 PM »
The way I see it, it is a game of power for Putin. He doesn't care about the people, or even gas and all that so much, it's just a game. It's typical for people who have their basic survival needs absolutely sattisfied, and have a specific click in the brain for power.

Yes, that's the way you see it. For you, playing with apocalypse was/is nothing but the most gigantic ego trip there is. Your life is not that good - why wouldn't the world end? So you would not have to make an effort because the need to make one would disappear.

It is expected that you cannot see someone like Putin or Hitler as men who have worked for years and decades to get where they are. You have no idea what it is to work 24/7 for some purpose and then actually wield the power. You say it is a game. Think again.

Online Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #1942 on: March 20, 2014, 05:29:52 PM »
You are being unnecessarily polemical Juhani.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
Re: It is about knowing what effort means
« Reply #1943 on: March 20, 2014, 06:13:23 PM »
Of course he has worked for it. But it's still a game of power.

It is expected that you cannot see someone like Putin or Hitler as men who have worked for years and decades to get where they are. You have no idea what it is to work 24/7 for some purpose and then actually wield the power. You say it is a game. Think again.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:16:57 PM by Taimyr »

Online Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #1944 on: March 20, 2014, 09:01:59 PM »
Now it looks like you two may be in the hot seat.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #1945 on: March 20, 2014, 11:37:32 PM »
Juhani will be taken first  :D

Now it looks like you two may be in the hot seat.

erik

« Reply #1946 on: March 27, 2014, 06:58:04 AM »
Russians are in the last stages of preparations for a major attack on Ukraine. They have concentrated next to Ukraine some 100,000 troops (including elite units from Moscow), some 700 tanks, 250 artillery pieces, 240 helicopters, and are setting up headquarters and hospitals. There are unconfirmed news that they are already mobilising civilian medical personnel.

In next 48 hours Russian will achieve 100% readiness to move and then it is anybody's guess.
Dozens of choppers (gunships and utility) waiting for it to begin on the Russian side of the border:

Online Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
MH370
« Reply #1947 on: March 27, 2014, 09:19:34 PM »
Why has this riveted the media?

Because it stands exactly like that hotel fore does for Julie and I:

“Come nere my friends, behould and see

Suche as I am suche shall you bee:

As is my state within this tombe

So must be yours before the doome

Even dust as I am now

And thou in time shall be”

Online Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #1948 on: April 15, 2014, 07:04:46 PM »
OK Juhani, why is the West (ie the USA) dallying? From what I have heard, they could cripple Russia overnight economically if they wanted to (by freezing out key industrial businesses from global banking), but so far nothing ...

It is obvious Putin has designs over all of Ukraine, not just the Russian half. And Western governments would know this. They could stop it instantly, or in a slightly longer arc as the US fracking gas industry would wish, but they do nothing.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #1949 on: April 19, 2014, 05:21:15 AM »
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk