Author Topic: THE BOOK OF CHILAM BALAM OF CHUMAYEL  (Read 158 times)

dc_chance

THE BOOK OF CHILAM BALAM OF CHUMAYEL
« on: December 04, 2008, 01:05:31 PM »
http://www.sacred-texts.com/nam/maya/cbc/

The above is a link to the texts of the Book of Chilam Balam

Quotes and link from wolflodge.org

The Nahuatl were and are today the descendants of a people whose scope of the sciences, the arts and the cosmos confound the minds of modern scholars.  They employed methods of architecture and technology contemporary scientist and engineers can only speculate upon.  With all of our mechanized high tech equipment we can still not duplicate the precision of their pyramids, or even approach the calculations of the heavens with as much accuracy.

The Books of the Chilam Balam are such wonders from the ancient Nahuatl people. Their teachings of wisdom and prophecies went thru the veils hundreds of years into the future and touched our contemporary world with uncanny accuracy.

The many copies and translations of the books of the Chilam Balam we have today were translated into either Latin by the Jesuit Priests, or later into Spanish by Mayas who desired to record their own annals of historical records and to keep their ktzal faith, their devotion to the teachings of the Pale Prophet, Quetzalcoatl. They see no separation between the man from Galilee and their Pale Prophet, and fervently see them as one and the same.

The Way of the Jaguar

Is a tale of Quetzalcoatl, the Pale Prophet, and the Chilam Balam: as we explore the prophecies of the Toltec ~ Itza Mayas and the Azteca

What is presented here is an overview into the Spiritual aspects and Prophecies of the Toltec ~ Itza Mayas, and later adopted by the Azteca. The information has been transcribed from the Sacred Books of the Chilam Balam, the Sacred Texts of the Jaguar Priests.  It is said by the Maya Spiritual Elders that these Jaguar Priests are the Priests of Quetzalcoatl, the Pale Prophet. The Chilam Balam are a holy order established directly by Quetzalcoatl himself.  They possess a very ancient knowledge handed down from the Ancient Mystery Schools of the Brotherhood. This is the real historical story, the way things really occurred.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:21:41 PM by wolfheart »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: THE BOOK OF CHILAM BALAM OF CHUMAYEL
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:36:04 PM »
I have been aware of this and the Popal Vu for many years, but never read more than other's extracts.

It's a good link to put in - if anyone is able to wade into this, it would be great if they could post some juicy quotes here.

Thanks DC for the link.

Jahn

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 06:27:38 AM »
         What is presented here is an overview into the Spiritual aspects and Prophecies of the Toltec ~ Itza Mayas, and later adopted by the Azteca. The information has been transcribed from the Sacred Books of the Chilam Balam, the Sacred Texts of the Jaguar Priests.  It is said by the Maya Spiritual Elders that these Jaguar Priests are the Priests of Quetzalcoatl, the Pale Prophet. The Chilam Balam are a holy order established directly by Quetzalcoatl himself. 

So I am listening, Odin, Wodan, Toth and many other names is the essence of Quetzalcoatl, The Feathered Snake. Now, the Toltecs in America had one part of the puzzle, The Egypts another and the Sire Cult a third.

But here I am - naked and free - in the middle of the revelation. Now ancient gods as Quetzalcoatl/Odin do not set us free, rather the opposite since they can blur our awareness, but it can be inspiring to know that there are actually a continious line of energy from Adam until today, the lineage of the Raven family and the related gods.

Do not think that the miracle or the great connection to your Higher Self, Source, God or what label is, is out of reach for you, on the contrary  it is within an arms length for you, and this time of change add opportunities for those that have their horse in the stable makes it even easier to achieve.  :)

That I am here (as a reincarnation of a basic "divine" energy) is just a kind of security arrangement. We(1) never thought mankind would be able to handle this time 2008 to 2013 without some extra-ordinary energy support.
 We (1)  are the Toltec community and what the Nagual's in that community now do is to tap into the resources that is find in the etheric. That means that if we are ableto grow in this dark period we will be provided  with tools that has been forgotten in ages and these new tools will be more efficient than whatever tools we have had before - as meditation, stalking etc.
  .  .
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:52:32 AM by Jamir »

nichi

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 07:57:13 AM »
That's very interesting about the journey back to the time and being of Quetzalcoatl being a blurrer, not a liberator.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:59:47 AM by nichi »

tangerine dream

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 11:57:42 AM »

We (1)  are the Toltec community and what the Nagual's in that community now do is to tap into the resources that is find in the etheric. That means that if we are ableto grow in this dark period we will be provided  with tools that has been forgotten in ages and these new tools will be more efficient than whatever tools we have had before - as meditation, stalking etc.
  .  .

;D
 :-*

dc_chance

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 09:32:34 PM »
Good comments... food for thought....  :)

Here are a few of my rambling thoughts on not enough sleep this morning...

I agree... I used to have a signature quote on my messages here... something to the effect... "Seek not to follow in the footsteps of those who have gone before... seek instead what they sought." We forge our own paths based on the truth within our hearts.

But everyone of us has learned from those who have gone before and we probably continue to do so until we take our last breath in this mortal body.

I continue to read many things in the hope that I can learn how to "tap in to" what is within myself and within arm's reach. The ancients had knowledge or understanding of how to touch wisdom/knowledge I do not have, so I continue to try to learn the keys to open that knowledge.

I've have yet to meet anyone who has reached the point where they don't rely on sources outside themselves.. maybe we have that ability... but is anyone really that aware? Does anyone have the answers? Can anyone of us teach another person how it is done? And I am not saying the book of Chilam Balam does that.

I found some of what I'd read about it interesting, especially since so many here use Toltec tools in their path and if I understand correctly this book documents some of the history of Toltec and some think it does so accurately.

Some people believe the things written in this book.. written in a time long past....  accurately describe what is happening/will happen in this time we find ourselves in. If so, that would be an interesting read as well.

I agree that we could be called the Toltec community today... and I think that in order to know where we are going, we have to understand where we have been and how we got to where we stand today.

I have only read briefly in the book and posted the link right after I found the text in English. As I find time to read it, I'll try to add notes in this thread for comment.

So I am listening, Odin, Wodan, Toth and many other names is the essence of Quetzalcoatl, The Feathered Snake. Now, the Toltecs in America had one part of the puzzle, The Egypts another and the Sire Cult a third.

But here I am - naked and free - in the middle of the revelation. Now ancient gods as Quetzalcoatl/Odin do not set us free, rather the opposite since they can blur our awareness, but it can be inspiring to know that there are actually a continious line of energy from Adam until today, the lineage of the Raven family and the related gods.

Do not think that the miracle or the great connection to your Higher Self, Source, God or what label is, is out of reach for you, on the contrary  it is within an arms length for you, and this time of change add opportunities for those that have their horse in the stable makes it even easier to achieve.  :)

That I am here (as a reincarnation of a basic "divine" energy) is just a kind of security arrangement. We(1) never thought mankind would be able to handle this time 2008 to 2013 without some extra-ordinary energy support.
  .  .

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 09:42:45 PM by wolfheart »

erik

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 07:52:37 PM »
That means that if we are ableto grow in this dark period we will be provided  with tools that has been forgotten in ages and these new tools will be more efficient than whatever tools we have had before - as meditation, stalking etc.
  .  .

...assuming man will survive long enough to see the period of light. Nobody's said that there will definitely be a happy ending. No future is pre-set.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:00:10 PM by 829th »

tangerine dream

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 02:05:07 AM »
...assuming man will survive long enough to see the period of light. Nobody's said that there will definitely be a happy ending. No future is pre-set.

Sure, it's been said many times.
 ;D

Jahn

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 05:53:34 AM »
That's very interesting about the journey back to the time and being of Quetzalcoatl being a blurrer, not a liberator.

Well se the ancient Quetzalcoatl as an ancient Dalai Lama. It was not one person it was a series of prominent men that aligned to the same energy. When things started to deterioate, the knowledge of the feathered "god" remained and the aztecs feared his true return.

So Quetzalcoatl returned and brought change. An apocalyptic for the Middle American Indians and America as a whole. So are the times right now. But if Quetzalcoatl had an active role then he is passive now. So is the ever lasting change of Yin and Yang. Then Yang -now Yin.

Heh it is always funny when I shall try to make sense of my posts in 2nd attention.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 05:35:27 AM by Jamir »

Jahn

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 06:05:26 AM »
Wolfheart - that is a good name and you are a very reliable and sincere seeker. It is a great honor to share experiences with you.

But everyone of us has learned from those who have gone before and we probably continue to do so until we take our last breath in this mortal body.

I continue to read many things in the hope that I can learn how to "tap in to" what is within myself and within arm's reach. The ancients had knowledge or understanding of how to touch wisdom/knowledge I do not have, so I continue to try to learn the keys to open that knowledge.

The ancient spirituality, wisdom and teachings is a great source for inspiration and it is "clean" in some sense. And when coming to books, I have read hundreds on the topic - "to find"!

Some people believe the things written in this book.. written in a time long past....  accurately describe what is happening/will happen in this time we find ourselves in. If so, that would be an interesting read as well.

I agree that we could be called the Toltec community today... and I think that in order to know where we are going, we have to understand where we have been and how we got to where we stand today.

In the Earth life system we have continuity, things that happened thousand years ago still have the greatest relevance for today. Take the man from Jerusalem for instance. And many people are devoted to a prophet named Muhammed.

But I mean also that what happened many years ago in the everyday life, long way from the main streets, can still have great relevance. It is all linked together in a complex net that we never can fully understand, not even in our most mind expanding states. The closest we can get in understanding the cycle of mankind is in essences that cannot be put into words. However, it is possible to get a grip of pieces in the cake that can give us some rational sense of what kind of wheel we are in.

~.~
           ~.~

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 05:37:21 AM by Jamir »

Jahn

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 06:08:04 AM »
I have only read briefly in the book and posted the link right after I found the text in English. As I find time to read it, I'll try to add notes in this thread for comment.

I really look forward to that. It is always good to know the roots and since this is the late time that it is, new stuff will pop up.

Jahn

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 06:09:37 AM »

All that set the intent to return home will return. Is that happy enough?

erik

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 06:36:50 AM »

Yes, why not speak about things around us in their full context?
One thing is clear - now is a time of massive change that proceeds pretty much outside the man - man can either adapt or remain stuck in his dream.
What is home? Dreamer? Having fulfilled our mission we'll be sucked back into that huge thing to wait for another incarnation in one of multitude of worlds? Fair enough.

That says nothing about life on this planet proceeding happily. It says that a few individuals/individuals with certain characteristics might return to where they came from. The world...well it will proceed following its own logic.

What we have, is precisely what DJ said - utterly inhuman universe ticking in its own rhythm. I would be quite happy if we talked about things in this context and skipped all sorts of stuff leaving the impression of man being able to do "whatever" or there somewhere being pre-set "happy end".

tangerine dream

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 08:33:49 AM »

;D

Jahn

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 05:30:57 AM »
What is home? Dreamer?

Home is where our Dreamer shelter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk