Author Topic: Becoming a Stable Vessel  (Read 160 times)

erik

Re: Becoming a Stable Vessel
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 07:32:59 PM »
Is there an order of meditations in Chenmo Lamrim (like in Gelugpa/Kadampa)? Are the topics, objects of contemplation and subsequent meditation fixed? Do you work with some Buddhist group?

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Re: Becoming a Stable Vessel
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »
Is there an order of meditations in Chenmo Lamrim (like in Gelugpa/Kadampa)? Are the topics, objects of contemplation and subsequent meditation fixed? Do you work with some Buddhist group?

Oh theres tons of orders to them, and Im trying to put some of them on the section, I just posted one today. its not something which can be learned in a short amount of time. And ive had the book a year to boot. Its a process.

I only know of one zendo group that meets, in tri cities no tibetan buddhist groups, im seeking ways of finding a way to find one, or maybe do some meetup once every couple of months in another city which would be cool.

I dont think you have to necessarily be in a group monastery to be buddhist all the time, but some point in the game you need a teacher for something like tibetan buddhism. Michael isnt a Lama but he is as close as to a Lama as Ive found and accept hes my root teacher even if in the other hemisphere lol.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk