Author Topic: Advanced Warriors(?)  (Read 152 times)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Advanced Warriors(?)
« on: June 08, 2009, 04:45:17 AM »
I was thinking a bit on the term della used on the Living the Intent post, and the 'advanced warriors' looking blankly when she went over that passage.

If you are, or are not even, a warrior, still, what is an 'advanced warrior' to you?
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
Re: Advanced Warriors(?)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 04:52:16 AM »
"To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.”
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:20:41 AM »
Yeah maybe. But what would make one experienced and advanced?

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
  • Destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:35:19 AM »
I was thinking a bit on the term della used on the Living the Intent post, and the 'advanced warriors' looking blankly when she went over that passage.

If you are, or are not even, a warrior, still, what is an 'advanced warrior' to you?

Hey, Ellen...

When I talk about "advanced warriors", here are some of the images that come to mind.  Not saying they're right or wrong... just how I personally think of it.

1.  Someone who has moved past belief systems sufficiently to know that no one and no thing is going to "save" them from whatever "fate" awaits them.  I would add that advanced warriors might still CHOOSE to believe in certain things, but then their beliefs are indulged with awareness rather than expectation of result.  

2.  An advanced warrior is a seer, at some level.  Most truly advanced warriors are master seers.  By that, I don't mean parlour tricks and psychic games.  I mean they *see* the world as it is, beyond its programs, manipulations and the like.

3.  An advanced warrior had created his/her double and has awareness of this.  Not an if or a maybe.  There would be no doubt.  Most truly advanced warriors will also have established a direct line of communication with the double, via gnosis or silent knowing.  And they will know the difference between their own internal dialogue and the voice of the double.

4.  An advanced warrior walks with death as her advisor - 24/7.  Having the ever-present awareness that we are beings who are going to die, the advanced warrior is keenly "present" in every moment.

5.  An advanced warrior has mastered stalking and/or dreaming - not necessarily in alignment with the specific methodology laid out in the Castaneda books (or any other books), but in accordance with their own inner guidance.  Meaning - following someone else's path is not the same as creating your own.  The advanced warrior knows this and lives it as part of their unbending intent.

6.  The advanced warrior practices to the best of her ability what DJM called "the right way to live" - not in accordance with any cultural or social set of "morals" but in alignment with the inner knowledge which is part of every human being's awareness if they are willing to acknowledge it.  

7.  The advanced warrior has shed self-importance sufficiently to realize that the petty dramas of our everyday lives are just that: petty dramas.  IF the advanced warrior is compelled through circumstance to engage in those petty dramas, s/he does so with the total awareness that s/he is "acting" as a character in a play.  IOW, it jibes w/ my idea of the teflon warrior:  the advanced warrior does not allow crap to stick to herself in the first place, so energy is not wasted on humanform pettiness.

These are just a few of the ideas that come into my mind when I think about the traits of advanced warriors.  When I was teaching that seminar I mentioned, it was worded to say, "Recommendd for advanced warriors only."  Heh.  I think a lot of people BELIEVE they are advanced warriors when they are most likely only perpetual SEEKERS.  Big difference.  A lot of people seem to enjoy being on some mythical/spiritual "quest" for something, but they don't seem to ever really FIND anything, and so they're constantly flitting from one "discipline" to the next, without ever really finding that assemblage point of silent knowing (which I also believe to be the assemblage point of assimilation and cohesion).

I'm sure there are plenty of other ways of looking at "advanced warriors".  These are just my observations & opinions... all of which are only dust in the wind,of course.  

:)

Loveyou,
D
"You have to be immortal before you will know how to become immortal."
Quantum Shaman  | Quantum Shaman on Facebook
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 05:38:50 AM »
When I think of an advanced warrior, I think of someone who is impeccable all of the time. Thats a tall order for a warrior to be, but thats my idea of an advanced warrior.

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
  • Destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 05:45:39 AM »

Sure you can measure your experiences, but do they necessarily make you more advanced (or less) than others?  I don't beleive so.

That's just me though, I'm maybe Della has another view on this.

I think it's fairly obvious that there are wo/men of Knowledge, and there are newbie warriors, and there are warriors who have amassed experience and knowledge - expanded awareness, if you prefer.  It's not a matter of measuring oneself against any of the others, but simply an observation that these things exist.  I don't see these various stages to be illusory.

The thing I said to Ellen about "perpetual seekers" as opposed to "advanced warriors" is more relevant, perhaps - because I've noticed lately that a lot of perpetual seekers like to think of themselves as advanced warriors... and yet as Michael was saying recently (can't find the exact post, so forgive me for paraphrasing)... something to the effect that if you've been searching for 20 years and haven't found anything, maybe it's time to throw in the towel.   I'd definitely agree with that - because at that point, the "seeker" has become a role one has tied on, whereas someone who is truly devoted to discovery cannot help but find it, or at least find the means to gain it. (Whatever "it" may be).

Hope this makes sense.   :-\
"You have to be immortal before you will know how to become immortal."
Quantum Shaman  | Quantum Shaman on Facebook

tangerine dream

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 06:21:10 AM »
I think it's fairly obvious that there are wo/men of Knowledge, and there are newbie warriors, and there are warriors who have amassed experience and knowledge - expanded awareness, if you prefer.  It's not a matter of measuring oneself against any of the others, but simply an observation that these things exist.  I don't see these various stages to be illusory.

The thing I said to Ellen about "perpetual seekers" as opposed to "advanced warriors" is more relevant, perhaps - because I've noticed lately that a lot of perpetual seekers like to think of themselves as advanced warriors... and yet as Michael was saying recently (can't find the exact post, so forgive me for paraphrasing)... something to the effect that if you've been searching for 20 years and haven't found anything, maybe it's time to throw in the towel.   I'd definitely agree with that - because at that point, the "seeker" has become a role one has tied on, whereas someone who is truly devoted to discovery cannot help but find it, or at least find the means to gain it. (Whatever "it" may be).

Hope this makes sense.   :-\

Sure, it makes sense, it just seems to me that the term "Warrior" itself,  by definition implies a lot of the things you stated below.

Someone who has moved past belief systems sufficiently to know that no one and no thing is going to "save" them

a seer, at some level. 

has created his/her double and has awareness of this.

walks with death as her advisor - 24/7. 

mastered stalking and/or dreaming -

practices to the best of her ability what DJM called "the right way to live" -

has shed self-importance sufficiently to realize that the petty dramas of our everyday lives are just that:

I personally wouldn't call any newbie seeker a Warrior, but that's probably just the way I define things.

On the other hand,  I wouldn't say that every Warrior is a Man or Woman of Knowledge either.  So perhaps your Advanced Warriors are Women and Men of Knowledge.  I can relate to that, for sure.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 06:23:09 AM »
Well not all choose to be men or women of knowledge (and hey, per cc he never mentioned 'women' of knowledge as it were), but one may choose to be, or say moreso one is inclined to be a stalker or dreamer, not a man or woman of knowledge.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 06:26:53 AM »
I should clarify on that, not to get too off the topic of warrior, but im a dreamer who uses stalking as a skillset, im more inclined to dream than to be a stalker.

Jahn

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 07:00:11 AM »

Warrior - Stalker or Dreamer or both.
Man or WoMan of Knowledge is the goal or result of walking a certain path.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk