Author Topic: Power Plants  (Read 563 times)

somnium

Re: Power Plants
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2006, 05:51:17 AM »
"It's just a feeling.... It's just a thought.... Ain't nothing but a thing."

I love that! Perfect really.

I have found, through these experiences, that it seems like a feeling, then a thought, then reality. Or, just a thought with a knowing, then reality.

nichi

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 05:52:59 AM »
I said for years that I learned things I never would have learned otherwise through doing them ... but, when you think about it, I really have no way of assessing that!

somnium

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 06:00:29 AM »
 ;D
thats good!

nichi

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 06:01:13 AM »
One more anecdote and then I'll stop, heh.

Back in the day, all of this hallucinogenic drug-doing was a function of the generation, who sang the songs of peace, love, and freedom. To do these circa the late 60's/early 70's was almost always a sacred bequest --- a hunt for god, even.

Then came the "other drugs" a little later, and the noble art of truth and vision-seeking gave way to out and out hedonism. And nihilism.

It's only in groups like these, in little pockets around the world, where no doubt shamanism is at least an ideal, that it holds its sacred bequest. I know this first-hand, working in psych hospitals/crisis counseling since 1981. The young ones today are not in search of god!

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 09:10:45 AM »
yes Nichi, and that is a central point. in my experience, even back then, the difference is not the effect, but the intent and spirit of the person taking the substance, whatever it may be.

i used to think back then that if i could just get people stoned and then present something of power, they would see and understand. it very rarely happened.

there is inside some people a genuine fire of quest, in essence a wanting to return to the source of our being, which may be covered by all kinds of rubbish, but although one could argue that this exists in everyone, it is obvious to me that some have this active, and it is that that becomes 'excited' under the influence of AP shifting forces. But for the others, it can't seem to light up no matter what the situation.

So this active spirit in a person is the real issue, not the use of power plants. And for many, power plants are definitely not recommended - it is not required for all aspirants, in fact best avoided for some. For the others, there is no doubt power plants have a transformational effect on their lives, but always it should never become an indulgence and over-used.

SoulFire

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2006, 09:29:34 AM »
I have tried few things.
Drugs are cool, the experinces have been very interesting. but the bad thing is that their usage consumes a lot of energy, that's what i have noticed. after the event i have felt so empty and needed time for recovery, even with marihuana.

hmm i haven't experienced this taimi.
interestingly, i seem to feel the opposite after doing
any kind of drug.  It's kinda like I get a high, after the high.
 8)
But I am extremely sensitive to any sort of mind altering substance.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 09:31:45 AM by lori-ann »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006, 11:06:59 AM »

The Morning Glory seeds(LSA) are good, though they have had tendencies to make people ill, because of the coating on the seeds. Proper preperation of approx. 200 crushed seeds produces effects 'similair' to LSD25.

Did you drink it like a tea?

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2006, 11:09:25 AM »
I have tried few things.
Drugs are cool, the experinces have been very interesting. but the bad thing is that their usage consumes a lot of energy, that's what i have noticed. after the event i have felt so empty and needed time for recovery, even with marihuana.

:-* You can shift your awareness without the use of any at all.

LSD always made me feel like Id been run over by a train the next day.  ;)

Drumming can get just as trippy as anything Ive ever used.
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

somnium

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2006, 09:35:13 AM »
Did you drink it like a tea?

Yup, many do drink it as a tea, is prolly the bestest way. I have a good supply, though I'm waiting for the right time.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2006, 09:44:13 AM »
I had the most beautiful vine growing last summer and it was covered in seeds during this harvest season.. I didnt save them, although I had thought about it. Didnt grow them this year.. just wasnt a gardening year for me.

When the time is right for you.... many blessings for your journey  :)

SoulFire

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2006, 11:35:49 AM »
just wasnt a gardening year for me.

Funny, Jen
me neither...

8)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2006, 02:31:30 PM »
we've been at it all morning - i've just pruned all the fruit trees - i'm a gun pruner you know - and Julie is doing the roses, she's got more time. But gardening today has been sublime - out in the cool warmth of a windless cloudless balmy late winter's day - talk about a drug, and we been rocking to bhangra music (we had to stop that eventually, we're getting a bit old for that high powered dance music - at least when it goes on too long... i'll leave that for taimi - had her in my dream last night, but don't tell her).

somnium

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2006, 03:37:34 AM »
 8)

Taimi

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2006, 05:05:52 AM »
I took a little walk nearby. Was walking in the grove and thought about amanita muscaria (don't know why). and suddenly they were everywhere.

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2006, 07:35:49 AM »
How beautiful! We don't have them here... well.. not like that..

Once a friend and I went out to the bush; we had a shroom ceremony. We were sitting on this patch of grass during Full Moon when suddenly we noticed all these little mushrooms popping up. They use mushroom compast here a lot.. it was still awesome though!  ...the moonlight glancing off all those tops!
They weren't there the next morning..  still not sure about it..
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk