Author Topic: Who's Offended  (Read 921 times)

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
Re: Who's Offended
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2006, 02:31:13 AM »
These Kabbalists seem to fit my inventory, Tiamati.  Do you see it as they do, also?  Mirrors, mirrors on our eyes.  T
t2f

tangerine dream

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 12:06:51 AM »
MAKE NO MISTAKE!
Stalkers have a very simple rule - if you get offended, you are in the wrong.

We are allowed to get upset, annoyed, frustrated - these are natural human reactions, and they are something we constantly seek to reduce by looking at the source of these emotions - do they have antecedent causes in our past.  But if we are offended or insulted by someone else, feel slighted, miffed, etc, then there is self-importance.  How do we tell the difference?

1. The natural part is short lived - felt as a psychic slap, or bump... we don’t like it.  We like it when someone praises us - felt as a lift. 
2. The insult is long lived, we mull over it again and again, we never forget it, we plan revenge, we get depressed, we get angry, we play it over and over in our minds, in our words.  Then we justify, justify, justify - concoct elaborate rationales to show how we are in the right, but always underneath we seethe with injured pride.  Then, in the worst cases we paint our assailant with a perfect picture of ourselves - funny how accurate we get it.  Inside we really do know exactly what we are doing, just that we project this onto the other.  Thank god these are the worst cases, pretty close to madness, though I see a lot of it in politics these days.

If you are stewing, can’t laugh at yourself - from a stalker’s view, you are wrong.  And worse, only more pain can cure you, with understanding of course.

Now the other person may well have shovelled you a load of crap, but that doesn’t matter - if you got your nose out of joint, then you are wrong, not them. 

The correct approach goes like this - first pain, then laugh at your silliness, then consider a response.  You see you need to know how to take offence, how to respond - reaction is not response, it is defence and attack.  Response is creative, it chooses it’s own timing, it enjoys the game.

Self-importance hates to be criticised, it bristles with indignation at the slightest slight.  Self-importance hates snobs, hates elites, hates anyone who thinks their better than it.  Self-importance hates anyone who sets themselves up as being above others, above it, and then rushes to pull them down - bring them down to its level (in fact, don’t tell anyone, but pushes them down beneath it, cause self-importance has to be IMPORTANT).

I’m just trying to flesh this out so we can be perfectly clear, that self-importance hates being underneath.  There is no escape, this attitude is wrong.  Point blank, no argument - it is a mortal sin, and must always be seen as such.

Now by contrast, dignity sees itself as noble, elevated, keeps it’s head up.  When challenged, dignity may feel hurt, annoyed, and it may well seek to identify error in its attacker, but it doesn’t suffer from wounded pride, and thus doesn’t seek to belittle the other - rather it asks that the other also put aside it’s vindictiveness and lift it’s own head, it wants to pull the other up, not down.  Of course dignity is allowed to yell at an undisciplined dog to stop it, bring it into line - everyone needs to know dog language.

I may be wrong, but I don’t think dignity has any more place in a Toltec stalker than self-importance.  A stalker seeks the truth, and has no time for pride, justified or unjustified.  A stalker leans slightly forward with an ever so slight mischievous grin, a keen terrifying eye and hands loose but always ready.  A stalker plays friendly, plays dignified, plays offended, plays the human harp but never loses its sight from the truth!

Michael,

I have been looking for this for like two weeks!   Finally stumbled upon it whilst looking at something else.  yay!

May I C and P this at the GG?
 ;D
 :-* :-* :-*

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 07:34:59 AM »
yeah, sure - it seems to get around

tangerine dream

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 07:47:53 AM »
yeah, sure - it seems to get around

Yay!

Thank you!
 :-* :-*

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 03:24:13 PM »
it seems to get around

*heh*   nearly wet myself on reading that!
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

tangerine dream

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2009, 05:06:29 AM »
<<<Bump>>

Here it is V.  I stumbled upon it yesterday while looking for something else.
 ::)

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2009, 05:16:17 AM »
I've got my own personal copy of it.
But thanks for the link!
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

tangerine dream

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2009, 05:17:19 AM »
I've got my own personal copy of it.
But thanks for the link!

LOL Me too!

I just thought since you were looking for it and I had just stumbled upon it yesterday, I'd point the way. 

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »
This was a good thread, wasnt it?

I still say there are exceptions to every rule now... that has not changed!

Even having an exception to the exception to every rule exception, hehe!
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2009, 02:58:04 PM »
I will say Michael made good points below here especially. I dont know if saw it that time but, the 'nub of it,' how people use ideas against to defend themselves to death, against the necessary changes they need to make themselves.

yes this is the nub of it - these ideas, esp toltec, are so often used against another, and to defend oneself against self-examination and self-change. Interestingly recently I heard a critique of Freud for introducing the concept of guilt avoidance - therapy to make us feel better and dispel our guilt, instead of looking at what we did wrong to feel guilty - ie taking self-responsibility.

As usual, and this is what I think Lori is saying, the difference lies in the person. Some will use anything to avoid the work on self - not just toltec, christ's words are also used this way - while others use whatever they find to change themselves.

Also this is a well know phase of development, where someone acquires all the ideas and words that are designed to assist growth, becomes an expert, and thus one's own worst enemy. Because all these tools can be picked up by the false mind to defend itself.

It is an old story - ideas and words are not enough. Without the impress of one who has succeeded in progressing along the path, the tools are worse that dead, they are dangerous, which is why in the past these things were kept secret.

It is, in the end, up to each of us to see through the false, and not associate. I have often tried to enlighten such people with words, and to my knowledge have never succeeded, because underneath, the intent is wrong.

What you say is true - there is nothing to be done, except avoid that mind, as it is infectious. But the tools, like this one, remain of immense value to one who is genuine, with appropriate guidance in how to use the tool.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2023, 01:18:48 PM »
Coming back in 2023 - Jahn is still wrong - the 50/50 deal.

It's interesting to read this now, per the Orange Menace and his tirades on his social media platform, "Truth Social" (what a joke), and Twitter, when he has done NOTHING but personally attack other people on it. Constantly attacks, even tries to get others to physically attack or riot for him.

Now his "main" advesary in his eyes is Obama. His hatred is beyond loathesome. He attacked him with the 'birther' lie. He has attacked him continually. Most recent: he posted his address. And one of his idiotic red had "kool aid' followers, went to the house armed (or close to it. The secret service got him).

Is Obama 50/50 responsible in this "thing" Trump had for Obama? flower NO. Dont dare anyone say so. The Orange Menace has attacked him relentlessly cause he is BLACK. And Obama plays a 50/50 role how? What did he ever do to the Orange Menace? How about "be a successful First Black President." Ok? So Jahn if you ever see it - hands down, you lose on that argument.

Right now esp online, its the bullies vs the bulled. Thanks to the Orange Menace, there has been nothing but a bunch of folks attacking others. Everyone knows attacking others due to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sex orientation - is wrong. Please no one come at me and start being philosopical with your "we are mirrors" talk, I know this already. But still, telling those groups to "not be offended," while somewhere they do need to set it down, not everyone is a "warrior" in this world, reared on Toltec philosophy. If they get upset or offended by being attacked - its called being human. And its despicable what the Orange Menace has brought about as a culture and virus to the division in this country.

BUT ill say this. The more folks do these attacks, the more it pollutes them within. And we can "see" this happening to the Orange Menace, who is known to be up posting online his hate speech shit, at all hours of the night. The continual attacking has dirtied his soul so much, he has completely gone dark and insane inside. Thats cause all are a mirror - true - and it bounces back. Like Jesus said "its not what goes into the mouth which defiles you, but what comes out of your mouth which defiles you."

BUT also, this is the time where if we see this shit, we have to speak up and say something to the bullies and not let them push people around as well. There are a lot of c**** running around. Michael says all this dont get offended, but people do, and maybe they are justified. Now ill never go to X or any of that shit, but if i see a bully bullying someone (like in my group it happens on occasion), I wil methodically, take them down.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk