Author Topic: WE'RE STUFFED!!!  (Read 30939 times)

Offline Angela

• Acharya
Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!!
« Reply #480 on: July 11, 2008, 03:21:53 PM »
Julie has just returned from a trip on the trains through NSW and Vic, with exposure to Sydney and Melbourne and staying with a racist snob of an aunt in Melbourne. She has returned with a very depressing view of Australians - worse than she had imagined. Fat, selfish, gross, stupid, ignorant and proud of it!

Y'all sound like the USA ... did you know that Australia rated #1 this year as the fattest country, taking the Americans down a notch in the Obesity stats ... we came in number two ;)
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Jahn

« Reply #481 on: July 11, 2008, 09:32:05 PM »
Fat, selfish, gross, stupid, ignorant and proud of it!

Could be said about many of us too. Unfortunately.

But here the mob is the supreme upper middle class, though few are fat but they have a naughty pen and they stir up media about this and that. To judge criminals before the trials is also very common.Together these are the signs that people are frustrated and they want to hit somebody.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:34:12 PM by Jamir »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #482 on: July 11, 2008, 09:34:35 PM »
didn't know that Panthera, but there you go - can well believe it.

mind you, it's not being fat I mind, its the whole smug ignorance trip that is the problem with humanity currently.

Jahn

« Reply #483 on: July 11, 2008, 09:35:26 PM »
Y'all sound like the USA ... did you know that Australia rated #1 this year as the fattest country, taking the Americans down a notch in the Obesity stats ... we came in number two ;)

So the US population improve.  ;D

Offline xero

• Sadhu
« Reply #484 on: July 11, 2008, 11:14:40 PM »
I drove past that rabble of social thuggery laying siege to the abode of 'that strange, twitching little man' who was recently released back into the community.  Passing through a mob of self-righteous people who feel so obliged to protect the community from the growing spread of zombie predators that lurch out of the shadows ... is a disquieting experience.

And its all because the judge 'didn't get it right' .
 Still, why should i care. I can drive past and go home and watch telly. Which i did...but first

A funny thing happened on the way to the electronic forum.

Curiously, 20 k down the road i picked up a young girl hitch-hiking ( a rare thing these days on the eastern sea  board) . A sweet person. She told me she was out on the road going on 'an adventure' . I felt obliged to caution her about ...well, you know....being out on the road alone...and the risks of unpackaged adventure. I stopped myself voicing that psychological obtrusion, as I realised I had just witnessed  it in action just up the road. The media sucking up the dirt and dispersing it as a fine dust all over the lounge rooms of ...the eastern sea board.

So I took her home.

Back up into the valley.

Where i introduced the family and after a little wine she she went to sleep in the old caravan. She got up early and spent the day walking in the hills.

I saw her briefly later that day, as she caught a lift in the little 4x4 of my fanatical (well... highly zealous, shall we say) Muslim neighbour from Moon Mountain. (that's what we locals call it, anyway)

She had met him and his newly arrived Iranian wife whilst bathing in the high creek above the cascade, up on Moon Mountain.

Anyway, they were going to drop her at the train station so she could return to Brisbane. Apparently, her adventure had'happened'. So...anyrate, she felt she could now return and try and console her flat mate. Their friend, a girl, was murdered five weeks ago in West End.

Curious world. Its beyond my ken.

But, I must go up to the high creek again... soon.

erik

« Reply #485 on: July 11, 2008, 11:24:10 PM »
Good job, xero!

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #486 on: July 12, 2008, 12:00:57 AM »
So the US population improve.  ;D

Hardly! ;)
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

tangerine dream

« Reply #487 on: July 12, 2008, 12:54:09 AM »
I drove past that rabble of social thuggery laying siege to the abode of 'that strange, twitching little man' who was recently released back into the community.  Passing through a mob of self-righteous people who feel so obliged to protect the community from the growing spread of zombie predators that lurch out of the shadows ... is a disquieting experience.

And its all because the judge 'didn't get it right' .
 Still, why should i care. I can drive past and go home and watch telly. Which i did...but first

A funny thing happened on the way to the electronic forum.

Curiously, 20 k down the road i picked up a young girl hitch-hiking ( a rare thing these days on the eastern sea  board) . A sweet person. She told me she was out on the road going on 'an adventure' . I felt obliged to caution her about ...well, you know....being out on the road alone...and the risks of unpackaged adventure. I stopped myself voicing that psychological obtrusion, as I realised I had just witnessed  it in action just up the road. The media sucking up the dirt and dispersing it as a fine dust all over the lounge rooms of ...the eastern sea board.

So I took her home.

Back up into the valley.

Where i introduced the family and after a little wine she she went to sleep in the old caravan. She got up early and spent the day walking in the hills.

I saw her briefly later that day, as she caught a lift in the little 4x4 of my fanatical (well... highly zealous, shall we say) Muslim neighbour from Moon Mountain. (that's what we locals call it, anyway)

She had met him and his newly arrived Iranian wife whilst bathing in the high creek above the cascade, up on Moon Mountain.

Anyway, they were going to drop her at the train station so she could return to Brisbane. Apparently, her adventure had'happened'. So...anyrate, she felt she could now return and try and console her flat mate. Their friend, a girl, was murdered five weeks ago in West End.

Curious world. Its beyond my ken.

But, I must go up to the high creek again... soon.

Lovely story!
 ;D
 :-*

nichi

« Reply #488 on: July 12, 2008, 01:10:23 AM »
You did give her quite an adventure, x!

nichi

« Reply #489 on: July 12, 2008, 01:16:27 AM »
Fat, selfish, gross, stupid, ignorant and proud of it!

Sounds like all of our talk shows and reality shows here ... who are the ultimate indicator of whom we've become here, imho. Sad, very sad.

tangerine dream

« Reply #490 on: July 12, 2008, 02:31:47 AM »
At the same time, don't we see an ever growing number of spiritually minded folks?  It's even echoed in the movies that are coming out now and the TV shows that are on.  We now begin to share our gifts with the world like we never could before and talk of things that at one time would have us burned.  Everywhere there is talk of new awareness of new days dawning.  Indigo, Crsytal and Rainbow children all over the World many many dreamers, healers and Shaman are seeing this world in a new and different light.  There is an increase in Global meditations and mass awakenings occurring.  I see it is a beautiful time to be here.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:34:49 AM by bluebird »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #491 on: July 12, 2008, 03:10:11 AM »
(((((((((Lori Ann)))))))))))

Namaste
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #492 on: July 12, 2008, 04:07:53 AM »
At the same time, don't we see an ever growing number of spiritually minded folks?  It's even echoed in the movies that are coming out now and the TV shows that are on.  We now begin to share our gifts with the world like we never could before and talk of things that at one time would have us burned.  Everywhere there is talk of new awareness of new days dawning.  Indigo, Crsytal and Rainbow children all over the World many many dreamers, healers and Shaman are seeing this world in a new and different light.  There is an increase in Global meditations and mass awakenings occurring.  I see it is a beautiful time to be here.

I Love your positive attitude Lori-Ann  :)

I met with a good friend the other night.  She’s like a little sister to me.  Kris joined up with us also.  The discussion started out catching up on what each of us was going through in our daily lives and then Mina (my friend) started describing her frustration with life … how she could see her life as a web all tangled up … how she needed to clear and untangle this web, and how there must be more to life than what she was going through.  Kris and I just smiled at each other.  We’ve never really spoken that much about our paths to her, nor others for that matter, because as you say, people tend to see it as “different”, threatening to their “secure” world.  But our conversation turned and as Kris and I spoke of some of our experiences, Mina also opened up.  It was rather amazing!  By the end of the evening we were all “aglow”.  We decided to get together again sometime soon.

What a refreshing treat to sit face to face and converse freely, listening, questioning, respecting each other’s expressions of thought and experience.

It’s the little experiences like this that give me great Hope for future generations and erase some of that frustration/cynicism brought on by the powers that govern our society.  It takes time as all evolutionary processes do, I suppose.

Ang
 :-*

Jahn

« Reply #493 on: July 12, 2008, 04:26:31 AM »

LightConnection

tangerine dream

« Reply #494 on: July 12, 2008, 04:28:22 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk