Author Topic: WE'RE STUFFED!!!  (Read 31185 times)

erik

Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!!
« Reply #615 on: September 28, 2008, 10:39:49 PM »
Could well be, Taimi, that I have only wasted energy on the futile resistance to the inevitable. Could well be.

tangerine dream

« Reply #616 on: September 29, 2008, 12:06:57 AM »
While you spent your time indulging and seeking the short-cut with the disaster called Derek, your frequency dropped, while that of those who pushed forward - rose. Gap is there. You have more to pick up than to teach - basically you could be an example of what happens when one falls for illusions.

One thing more - trying to convert everything around you into a pink mushy world of your recovery after another adventure, is not the thing I appreciate. You don't push into unknown - your main concern seems to be with making the world more acceptable and pink for you.

I would have ended with questions: What do you want from here? You have been here before and you left: what should make us believe that you are any more serious in your actions than before? Why should I take you seriously at all? You need a doctor - get one. Why are you here?

Thanks for your opinion on my life, path and healing.

tangerine dream

« Reply #617 on: September 29, 2008, 12:08:43 AM »
To me it seems you are totally obsessed, Juhani. it comes out again and again, but you don't seem to recognize the pattern. don't understand why it all bothers you so much. and i don't understand what good it will make, to tell Lori "you do this wrong and you do that wrong and overall everything is wrong with you". Is that an effective way of teaching? Have you ever seen a teacher with thiskind of approach? You can't be a teacher because you only blame.

btw - i don't hink it is possible for someone to learn, if someone comes and says exactly what is wrong with them and what they should do and how they should act. Imagine, someone comes and tells you exactly what you have to do and what is wrong with you. Do you listen?

My observation has been, that it is good to pull myself away from here sometimes, i wouldn't want to get stuck here and come here everyday like there's nothing else more inportant in my life.
The connection could be just something like of dependence. If there is a real connection, it wouldn't matter if you stay away for a year and then come back.

Thank you Taimi

erik

« Reply #618 on: September 29, 2008, 02:33:53 AM »
Thanks for your opinion on my life, path and healing.

That is my opinion. I have been increasingly harsh in expressing it. I apologise for the pain caused. I hoped to show you something, hoped for some realisation. I should not have done it, should not have said it - it was all unreasonable.

Be well and heal your wounds!

tangerine dream

« Reply #619 on: September 29, 2008, 03:03:02 AM »
Thank you Juhani.

Jahn

« Reply #620 on: September 29, 2008, 03:53:49 AM »
Worth a look....

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=676-wftOu94

Thanks for the link.
Operation "Lunar freedom" was a goodie.

erik

« Reply #621 on: September 29, 2008, 10:07:06 PM »
Thank you Juhani.

Do you feel any better? I removed a few things I spat out in anger and wrapped these spots in light.

tangerine dream

« Reply #622 on: September 29, 2008, 10:25:55 PM »
Do you feel any better? I removed a few things I spat out in anger and wrapped these spots in light.

That was nice of you.  I feel fine, though throughout this whole scenario I have been working on not taking anything personally, so what  would have jabbed at me in the past didn`t actually hurt so much.

erik

« Reply #623 on: September 29, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »
That's good.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #624 on: September 30, 2008, 12:15:17 PM »
Weeeeeee.... free fall

Jahn

« Reply #625 on: October 01, 2008, 05:06:16 AM »
Weeeeeee.... free fall

free falling, yes ... now it is sharp ... recession ....

Free Falling - Tom Petty (HQ Audio) 
Free Falling - Tom Petty (HQ Audio)    8)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 05:11:47 AM by Jamir »

tangerine dream

« Reply #626 on: October 05, 2008, 06:05:43 AM »
Four infants in China have died and at least 53,000 are reportedly ill, many seriously so, having been fed milk powder contaminated with the industrial chemical melamine. A three-year old girl in Hong Kong is also ill, but has now been released from hospital, she was the first reported case outside mainland China. Major formula milk producer Nestle says none of its products in China has been contaminated with melamine, although the Hong Kong government says it has found the contaminant in the company’s milk formula.

I guess it’s no surprise that this scandal has emerged after, rather than before or during, the Olympic Games, but that is not something that would be peculiar to China. Governments the world over try to manage bad news and China certainly does not have a monopoly on cover-ups. If melamine is the primary contaminant, then regardless of claims that other compounds may be present, long-term use (six months or so) would be enough for this toxic compound to accumulate in an infant and lead to toxic effects such as kidney stones. The LD50, or acute toxic dose is not entirely relevant if an infant is being fed contaminated milk day after day. Incidentally, LD50 is a measurement per kilogram of body mass, so it is not higher for people than it is for rats, although it may be different because of differences in our body’s biochemistry.

Some info on recalls of products containing melamine:

http://www.sciencebase.com/science-blog/me...-food-list.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 2, 2008
Melamine Contaminated Food ListPosted in Science at 1:00 pm by David Bradley -- 2 Comments; add your comment

Before you check out the following items, please click here first to grab the Sciencebase newsfeed, I’ll be updating the melamine news over the coming days. The RSS newsfeed system allows you to keep up to date with a website, without having to check back.

As this problem continues to roll along, here is a melamine contaminated food list plucked from the latest news results on the subject:

Powdered baby milk.
HK finds melamine in Chinese-made cheesecake.
Cookies With Melamine Found in Netherlands.
Mr Brown coffee products.
Manufacturing giant Unilever recalls melamine tainted tea.
Melamine Detected in Two More Ritz Snacks.
More Chinese-made sweets recalled in Japan.
White Rabbit brand Chinese candy contaminated: Asian health officials.
Lipton, Glico and Ritz the latest businesses to be affected by milk powder scandal.
Hong Kong finds traces of melamine in Cadbury products.
Recalled Melamine Milk Products include Asian versions of Bairong grape cream crackers, Dove chocolate, Dreyers cake mix, Dutch Lady candy, First Choice crackers, Kraft Oreo wafer sticks, M&Ms, Magnum ice cream, Mentos bottle yoghurt, Snickers funsize, Yili hi-cal milk, Youcan sesame snacks and others. Testing of some of those has already proven negative.
Melamine Found in More China-Made Products, including Heinz DHA+AA baby cereal.
305 Chinese dairy-based products temporarily banned in Korea.
US bloggers have gone so far as to uncover dozens of products recalled in China that were still on the shelves of their local supermarkets.
31 new milk powder brands found tainted.

It is a little bit scary, but if you ask me, it's good news really. Reminds us to be on the look out and become more aware of what we put into our bodies...

erik

« Reply #627 on: October 07, 2008, 12:30:52 AM »
Red List of endangered species - thousands of species at risk of disappearing

By Paul Eccleston
Last Updated: 1:01pm BST 06/10/2008

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/10/06/earedlist106.xml

The world is in the grip of an extinction crisis with thousands of species at risk of disappearing forever.

Tasmanian Devil moved from Least Concern to Endangered (left), the Iberian Lynx has a population of just 84-143 adults (middle) and the Caspian Seal moved from Vulnerable to Endangered (right)

In the world's oceans and seas the situation is even worse with one in three marine mammals under threat.

Amphibians are also in severe trouble with 366 species added to the 2008 Red List. There are now 2,030 species - one in three - either threatened or extinct.

And a representative sample of reptiles shows that over one in five face a battle to survive.

Life on Earth is disappearing fast with man inflicting most of the damage, according to the most comprehensive report of its kind drawn up by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).

On land more species face oblivion because of loss of habitat, hunting and climate change while in the oceans pollution and the side effects of fishing are taking a huge toll.

An international research team made up of more than 1,700 experts in 130 countries compiled data for the world's 5,487 mammalian species including for the first time marine mammals. All the world's birds and amphibians were also assessed.

It revealed that at least 1,141 of the 5,487 mammals on Earth are known to be threatened with extinction and at least half are in decline.

But because there is insufficient information on more than 800 species the figure could be much higher.

The areas of the world that have the richest biodiversity - such as south and south-east Asia - are among the most threatened and where mammals face a bleak future. The report said 79 per cent of primates species in the region are threatened with extinction.

The Red List reveals that 29 species have been flagged as Critically Endangered (Possibly Extinct) which means that in all probability - but not confirmed - that the creature is extinct. It includes Cuba's Little Earth Hutia (Mesocapromys sanfelipensis), a small rodent, which has not been seen in almost 40 years.

There are 188 mammals in the Critically Endangered highest threat category which is only a step down from extinction. It includes the Iberian Lynx (Lynx pardinus), which is down to a population of just 84-143 adults.

Almost 450 mammals are listed as Endangered which is the next category down including the Tasmanian Devil (Sarcophilus harrisii), which moved from Least Concern to Endangered after the global population plummeted by more than 60 per cent in the last 10 years due to an infectious facial cancer.

Habitat loss and degradation caused by agriculture and deforestation affects 40 per cent of the world's mammals and is most extreme in central and south America, west, east and central Africa, Madagascar, and in south and south-east Asia.

Over harvesting is wiping out larger mammals, especially in south-east Asia, but also in parts of Africa and south America.

Julia Marton-Lefèvre, IUCN director general, said: "Within our lifetime hundreds of species could be lost as a result of our own actions, a frightening sign of what is happening to the eco-systems where they live.

"We must now set clear targets for the future to reverse this trend to ensure that our enduring legacy is not to wipe out many of our closest relatives."

Jan Schipper of Conservation International and lead author of a Red List article in Science, said: "The reality is that the number of threatened mammals could be as high as 36 per cent.

"This indicates that conservation action backed by research is a clear priority for the future, not only to improve the data so that we can evaluate threats to these poorly known species, but to investigate means to recover threatened species and populations."

But the IUCN report - the first since 1996 to include the conservation status and distribution of animals around the world - claims that species can be pulled back from the brink of extinction if conservation measures are taken.

The Black-footed Ferret (Mustela nigripes) moved from Extinct in the Wild to Endangered after a successful reintroduction by the US Fish and Wildlife Service into eight western states and Mexico from 1991-2008.

And the Wild Horse (Equus ferus) moved from Extinct in the Wild in 1996 to Critically Endangered this year after successful reintroductions started in Mongolia in the early 1990s.

Overall, the IUCN Red List now includes 44,838 species of flaura and fauna of which 16,928 (38 per cent) are threatened with extinction.

Of these, 3,246 are in the highest category of threat, Critically Endangered, 4,770 are Endangered and 8,912 are Vulnerable to extinction.

erik

« Reply #628 on: October 07, 2008, 03:00:53 AM »
Jahn, what are the news regarding Swedbank? They say it is in danger of going under - big investors pulling money out. It happens to be the largest bank on these corners. :)

Damn, I like the globalised world! You really don't have to think here. It starts to rattle in one end, and it will invariably come to you!

Jahn

« Reply #629 on: October 07, 2008, 03:40:37 AM »
Jahn, what are the news regarding Swedbank? They say it is in danger of going under - big investors pulling money out. It happens to be the largest bank on these corners. :)

Damn, I like the globalised world! You really don't have to think here. It starts to rattle in one end, and it will invariably come to you!

Swedbank have been active across the Baltic sea yes. And now the credit boom is over, so there have been some nasty rumours and they have a lower trend than most other banks here. But The Baltic countries only account for about 15 % of Swedbanks annual turnover.

Now Swedebank can't fall thanks to the national finance security system, and no such actions has been mentioned. Big news today are that Stockholm OMX exchange falled 7 %. The Government increased the security for bank accounts with 100%. from about 27 000 Euro to 54 000 Euro which is in line with what other European countries has as security.

The Swedish Riksbank have now in a few weeks increased their loans to the market with 40 billions Euro (360 billions SEK). Some of these actions are directed to the household sector and short term loans on 3 and 6 months. A new auction is planned to the end of October.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk