Author Topic: Buddhist sayings  (Read 3567 times)

erik

Re: Buddhist sayings
« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2016, 06:11:26 PM »
Well then we have nothing to talk about. 
Unconscious attachments are attachments none the less. 
Obstinacy is also an attachment.

"Expectations are almost always the result of what in Buddhism is called "wanting mind." This wanting mind is driven by desire, aversion, and anxiety; it creates an illusion of solidity and control in a world that is constantly changing and unfolds independently of how we believe it should. Knowing this, how do you proceed? How can you free yourself from expectations? In mindfulness meditation, the method I teach, you always start with what is true in the present moment. You use discernment to know what is true, but you do not fall into judgment, which is yet another form of expectation and one of the most tyrannical. - See more at: http://dharmawisdom.org/teachings/articles/tyranny-expectations#sthash.t

It is about time for you to follow your own advice.

runningstream

« Reply #301 on: April 17, 2016, 07:02:40 PM »
Your a dickhead
You just created a scenario once again
Because you couldn't drop it
You snooty prick
And the take your own advice your delusional
You are not a Buddhists a hole
Only an arrogant romanticising wannabe
Too self flatulated to
Stop
Your true nature arising is so obvious
I was counting on it
Now your going to try and draw
Lori Ann in to your delusuion
I could not give a shit about Buddhism
And I'm sure you could turn anyone off it

You don't have wisdom
Or compassion  under circumstances
You should
I eat you and sleep fine because I built it from the ground up
And am fine with the base and comfortable
Unlike you who hid your dick in your head
And its obvious

Why use many words when these simple terms have already been formulated

You are a pretender

You are too arrogant to perhaps see
And that really is fine under the circumstances
I find you and for that purpose

However the buddhist crap is a joke

While you put your ego above what's relevant
For somebody within the moment

These are separate to me
It does need pointing out

Your nature
And your illusion

Power and
Non attachment

The first a gift you don't even know

The second something you wish to possess
So it eludes you

And blinds you to the first
condition

You think the sayings undo what you have not yet
Undone and it is not so

Jahn

« Reply #302 on: April 19, 2016, 04:12:20 AM »
You are welcome to burst any and all bows and listen in the process. Do you think you can break free while attached to other people?

To begin with I am free, at my work at the University I have had my own Agenda for 10 years. I am my own boss and the Lord is my supervisor. So I dare to care. Obviously in contrast to you. Passion, heart ... well not exactly, but in your dictionary - wisdom. Wisdom is equal to love, there is no other way to get in tune with the World and the Universe, but love and wisdom.

You know, I read that quote of yours, that everything that you love may hurt you, and/or keep you stuck. I read that 40 years ago, so I can, by my Life experience, simply dismiss it, that is what I do. The whole idea in that "attachment koan" is very left side. It is useful for the spiritual  first or second class. While I am in the last ring (the last class that is).

Like Odin said about his Ravens, when they should fly out in the morning across the World, and then report back to this one-eyed Sir.

To understand the following quote from Odin/Oden/Wodan one must know that the pair of Ravens Hugin and Munin was a she and a he. Hugin means "Apt" or "Disposed" while Munin is best translated as "Memory"or "Recollection".

"De hette Hugin och Munin (håg och minne). Varje dag i gryningen sände Oden ut sina korpar att flyga över världen. De lyssnade till allt som sades och flög sedan tillbaka till Oden och viskade i hans öra vad de hade hört."

"Their names were Hugin and Munin. Every day at dawn Odin sent out his ravens to fly across the World. They listened to all that was said and then flew back to whisper in his ear what they had heard."

”Hugin och Munin
flyger var dag
över den mäktiga jorden
Jag är rädd att Hugin inte kommer åter
men min oro är större för Munin”

"Hugin and Munin flies every day across the Mighty Earth
I am afraid that Hugin might not return
but my worries are greater for Munin."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:29:18 AM by Jahn »

Jahn

« Reply #303 on: April 19, 2016, 04:20:02 AM »
Your a dickhead
You just created a scenario once again
Because you couldn't drop it
You snooty prick
And the take your own advice your delusional
You are not a Buddhists a hole
Only an arrogant romanticising wannabe
Too self flatulated to

Why this outburst Runningstream?
It (the outburst) says more about you, than it says something about Juhani.

Your nature
And your illusion

Power and
Non attachment

The first a gift you don't even know

The second something you wish to possess
So it eludes you

And blinds you to the first
condition

You think the sayings undo what you have not yet
Undone and it is not so

This part is more acceptable, if not completely understable.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #304 on: April 19, 2016, 05:34:34 AM »
Wisdom is equal to love, there is no other way to get in tune with the World and the Universe, but love and wisdom.

You make my heart smile, Jahn.
:)

You know, I read that quote of yours, that everything that you love may hurt you, and/or keep you stuck. I read that 40 years ago, so I can, by my Life experience, simply dismiss it, that is what I do. The whole idea in that "attachment koan" is very left side. It is useful for the spiritual  first or second class. While I am in the last ring (the last class that is).

Like Odin said about his Ravens, when they should fly out in the morning across the World, and then report back to this one-eyed Sir.

To understand the following quote from Odin/Oden/Wodan one must know that the pair of Ravens Hugin and Munin was a she and a he. Hugin means "Apt" or "Disposed" while Munin is best translated as "Memory"or "Recollection".

"De hette Hugin och Munin (håg och minne). Varje dag i gryningen sände Oden ut sina korpar att flyga över världen. De lyssnade till allt som sades och flög sedan tillbaka till Oden och viskade i hans öra vad de hade hört."

"Their names were Hugin and Munin. Every day at dawn Odin sent out his ravens to fly across the World. They listened to all that was said and then flew back to whisper in his ear what they had heard."

”Hugin och Munin
flyger var dag
över den mäktiga jorden
Jag är rädd att Hugin inte kommer åter
men min oro är större för Munin”

"Hugin and Munin flies every day across the Mighty Earth
I am afraid that Hugin might not return
but my worries are greater for Munin."

Thank you
 ;D

erik

« Reply #305 on: April 19, 2016, 02:14:06 PM »
43. Neither mother, father, nor any other relative can do one greater good than one's own well-directed mind.

Jahn

« Reply #306 on: April 20, 2016, 04:40:42 AM »
43. Neither mother, father, nor any other relative can do one greater good than one's own well-directed mind.

It reminds me of Kris Raphael, when he should talk to his (real) father. Usually these talks was about some kind of correctment, Kris had been "bad" in one or another way.

So Kris did "Check out" during that talk.

It is never about the input from others, even if that input can be valueable, our path is always about ourselves, for ourselves and by ourselves. No one else do the job for us, not even, and especially not, the Master.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:12:24 AM by Jahn »

erik

« Reply #307 on: April 25, 2016, 03:12:18 PM »
Living the view is perhaps some of the most fundamental practices. We practice living the view to encourage the entire context of our lives to become our practice. Living the view is the interface between our formal practice and our everyday lives.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #308 on: April 26, 2016, 02:13:22 AM »
Wise men do not judge.  They seek to understand

~Fingers Pointing Toward the Moon
 by Wei Wu Wei

Jahn

« Reply #309 on: April 26, 2016, 04:51:27 AM »
Wise men do not judge.  They seek to understand

~Fingers Pointing Toward the Moon
 by Wei Wu Wei

"That is also why I have chosen this Upanishad. As it is, I can tell you directly, there is no reason for bringing the Upanishad in  –but I will use it as an excuse, a shelter. If you shoot an arrow directly, the person can escape; but if it is hidden behind the Upanishad there are less chances of you missing it.

I have selected the Upanishad so that you may not know that I am directly aiming at you. This way the chances of escape are minimized. All hunters know that better hunting is done from a hiding place. This Upanishad is only a hiding place.
I will say only what I have known, but then there is no difference between that and the Upanishad. Because whatever the seer of this Upanishad has said, he also has known it."

Finger Pointing to the Moon
Talks on the Adhyatma Upanishad

erik

« Reply #310 on: May 04, 2016, 03:23:49 AM »
To be real practitioners we have to be continually open to comparing the map with the actual landscape of experience we find in our silent sitting practice.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #311 on: May 05, 2016, 01:56:42 AM »
To be continually open, we must first be free from preconceptions

erik

« Reply #312 on: May 11, 2016, 03:21:13 AM »
As the Buddha was dying,
Ananda asked
who would be their teacher after death.
He replied to his disciple -

"Be lamps unto yourselves.
Be refuges unto yourselves.
Take yourself no external refuge.
Hold fast to the truth as a lamp.
Hold fast to the truth as a refuge.
Look not for a refuge in anyone besides yourselves.
And those, Ananda, who either now or after I am dead,
Shall be a lamp unto themselves,
Shall betake themselves as no external refuge,
But holding fast to the truth as their lamp,
Holding fast to the truth as their refuge,
Shall not look for refuge to anyone else besides themselves,
It is they who shall reach to the very topmost height;
But they must be anxious to learn."

erik

« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2016, 05:53:55 AM »
Simply allowing experience to be as it is – is possible for us at any moment. We need only drop preconceptions of who we are, what we want, and how we are going to get it. Allowing experience to be as it is – is simple in theory – but it is not always easy to know where to begin.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2016, 12:08:11 PM »
Simply allowing experience to be as it is – is possible for us at any moment. We need only drop preconceptions of who we are, what we want, and how we are going to get it. Allowing experience to be as it is – is simple in theory – but it is not always easy to know where to begin.

Exactly! 
This is what I've been saying about judgements
And preconceptions being attachments. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk