Author Topic: Are you ready?  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Are you ready?
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:58:27 AM »
Yesterday on break outside I was standing outside, and said to death, "I want to feel you. Then, to my left, I felt this intense heat to my left, which wasnt my imagination.

I realized death is right near us, closer than the jugular vein. I had that thought, would I be ready to dart past the eagle, as I watched a seagull fly overhead.

I need wings, I thought. Wings.

Are you ready? So I thought I would pose the question (meat) on here, who thinks they're ready for the encounter with the eagle now? Or do you feel there is more to learn, before that moment?

Are you ready?
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline daphne

• Rishi
Re: Are you ready?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:02:17 AM »
Nope... not ready   

Mind you... after this discovery.. I also discovered that whether I was ready or not mattered little to Death.   :)
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 04:13:18 AM »
Rage rage against the dying of the light...
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
  • Destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 04:27:07 AM »
Rage rage against the dying of the light...

To me, that's the key.  As long as we are passively accepting of the knowledge that we are beings who are going to die, we possess little motivation to consider other possibilities.

Am I ready?  Yes.

Am I raging?  Yes.

Will I go peacefully into that long good night?  Not a chance.

Death is a fine advisor, but he is no friend of mine.  Just a tyrant who has convinced us he is real... and sometimes I think we make him real through our beliefs.

How's that for raging?   :o
"You have to be immortal before you will know how to become immortal."
Quantum Shaman  | Quantum Shaman on Facebook

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 04:40:36 AM »
Della, are you saying death is not real, I dont get it? Or we have to make death unreal somehow?

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 05:52:40 AM »
Della, are you saying death is not real, I dont get it? Or we have to make death unreal somehow?

I'm saying that my own experience & research tends to indicate that 99.99999% of what we think of as "real" actually isn't.  Put another way: death may be just another program that has been put onto us since birth, as a result of our dualistic thinking.  e.g., if we're born, surely we must die.

Says who?

I think of the tenant (aka the death defier) of Castaneda's works - a being who seemingly went from an organic being to an inorganic being as a matter of will/intent, without ever passing through the door of "death".  I've had the word out on my website & these forums for years that I'd love to meet this being, but... heh heh... so far, it's a no-show. Ah well...

The bottom line is that I have come to wonder if we have within ourselves the ability to achieve transmogrification as opposed to the usual path of transformation. 

Death certainly appears to be certain.  And yet, as any warrior knows, appearances can be deceiving when one learns the art of shifting perception.

"All things exist within the realm of possibility, but only some things will be forced to go thru the motions of actually occurring." (Quantum theory)

That being the case, I'm just exercising my right to allow and - whenever possible - summon the "impossible."

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 06:06:00 AM »
Well definitely in carlos's works he addressed this, like even don juan leaving the world by burning with the fire from within. But still, the physical body, carlos died of natural causes and I still cant see how we couldnt leave that behind, or say, transform it.

Like the cases of tibetan lamas found sitting up in meditation dead, but their bodies dont 'rot' like normal people's do. They left the world in an unusual way, and thier bodies seem to preserve better than others. There could be something in that, but they still leave their bodies behind.

I think it would be cool to be able to just skip death and transform the body, but i think the 'other body' is made for that. But that one has to be developed, which is still 'us' but say with folks who think the physical body is alll there is, they may not have a chance against the eagle and death.

tangerine dream

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 07:51:06 AM »
Death is a fine advisor, but he is no friend of mine.  Just a tyrant who has convinced us he is real...

Don't you think, for a Warrior, Death is really your only friend?

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 07:58:45 AM »
Death is our eternal companion. I wonder if the deal is, and maybe what della means but, the perception of death, who, what, the bugger is. That may be the riddle. Death in the physical, when we view others or whats around us, appears as an ending, finite. Gone gone gone. But a good seer knows death is actually a transformation. It cant really 'end.' All is impermanent, but that doesnt mean all just is finite, stops, because this would be stasis, and there is no stasis. Death, to myself, is there to prevent stasis, and just part of the way things are, a transitional phase. What happens upon the transisition, is the trick.

tangerine dream

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 08:02:36 AM »
There really is no such thing as stasis.  If you think about it, everything is always changing, from moment to moment nothing really stays the same.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 08:08:11 AM »
There really is no such thing as stasis.  If you think about it, everything is always changing, from moment to moment nothing really stays the same.

Right, and remember its part of the way of suffering. Beings suffer cause change, doesnt always go the way they 'want' it to go. They dont want to accept it. If change goes in their favor, good deal. If not in their favor, bad deall.

Also, death, one of the worst programs, is that all roots of the ego lie in the fear of death. Ego is created, for the purpose of avoiding death. This isnt the permanent 'self' that is always there, actual self, but at the core, a fearful, and illusory being. Thats the difference.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 08:30:17 AM »
“Death is our eternal companion. It is always to our left, an arm’s length behind us. Death is the only wise adviser that a warrior has. Whenever he feels that everything is going wrong and he’s about to be annihilated, he can turn to his death and ask if that is so. His death will tell him that he is wrong, that nothing really matters outside its touch. His death will tell him, ‘I haven’t touched you yet.’”

tangerine dream

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 08:39:36 AM »
“Death is our eternal companion. It is always to our left, an arm’s length behind us. Death is the only wise adviser that a warrior has. Whenever he feels that everything is going wrong and he’s about to be annihilated, he can turn to his death and ask if that is so. His death will tell him that he is wrong, that nothing really matters outside its touch. His death will tell him, ‘I haven’t touched you yet.’”

That's what I am talking about. 8)

Don't you think, for a Warrior, Death is your only friend?

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 08:44:31 AM »
See another thing I wonder, are Death and the Double synonymous?

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 05:14:29 PM »
Don't you think, for a Warrior, Death is really your only friend?

Not at all.  Anything that seeks to essentially obliterate awareness is hardly what I would call a friend.  In that regard, "death" is just another word for "the eagle."  I think even warriors have a tendency to dress death up in fancy clothes so as to disguise his skeletal grin.  As I said to Ellen, I have no "fear" of death per se, but I also see no reason to surrender to his "inevitability" if that inevitability is just a program and a belief system.

It may well be that the *ultimate* shift of the assemblage point would be a movement of awareness beyond the dark illusion of mortal death.  Others are free to accept death and view it as a 'friend', but I won't be joining them in that particular viewpoint. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 05:19:33 PM by Quantum Shaman »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk