Author Topic: WE'RE STUFFED!!!  (Read 30427 times)

Offline Muffin

• Pir
  • Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack
    • Sensorium Dei
Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2006, 06:02:14 PM »
He added that, because of inertia built into the Earth's natural systems, the world was now only experiencing the result of pollution emitted in the 1960s, and much greater effects would occur as the increased pollution of later decades worked its way through. He concluded: "We are risking the ability of the human race to survive."

Exactly. Like a rolling snowball, it will keep growing.
"The result of the manifestation is in exact proportion to the force of striving received from the shock." -Gurdjieff, Belzebub's Tales to his grandson

www.sensoriumdei.org

Taimi

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2006, 07:20:11 PM »
"We are risking the ability of the human race to survive."

I have another stupid question. I am ready to adobt new approaches to things but right now i'd like to ask - so what if the human race dies? what's the big deal?

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2006, 12:43:42 AM »
It's a valid question...and I belive it may stem from frustration at watching humanities stupidity...the way I have come to understand our predicament is...as conciousness evolves...unfolds, through different stages of evolution like a developing embryo,the right enviroment is required for completion of that phase of  growth ...If we lose the human form we have to continue somewhere else.(no one beats the rap!!!) If one really had
a choice,would they stay stuffed in a womb for 9 months to be born into this?and I mean this...the madness the unknowing,the suffering,the beauty,the love,the mystery,the truth of being,the possibility of seeing beyond the finite prison of matter...all that can be done in the human form...as frustrating as that is...that's the hand we have been dealt,as Cohen said "well I've been where your hanging and I think I can See how your pinned when your not feeling Holy your lonliness says that you've sinned"...that's a general statment
about the human condition and our inability through our lack of knowledge to develop and maintain an engauging understanding of the process in which we find ourselves...
"Life wasn't meant to be easy"

Taimi

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2006, 01:00:30 AM »
I have started to think about being here in this world as an opportunity not as a commitment. Works much better than the intimidation with death. I am far more motivated of the idea that i have this short period during which i have the chanse to evolve. and i can use this chanse or not, in the end it doesn't matter. When people talk about death and we don't have time and things like that, it only makes me feel like i should run like crazy from here to there and desperatley try to find Spirit. Guess i don't like 'musts'.

PS. I like Leonard Cohen, listen to him very often

nichi

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2006, 01:11:33 AM »

Jahn

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2006, 01:47:58 AM »
I have started to think about being here in this world as an opportunity not as a commitment.

It is an opportunity.
A warrior uses everything in his tonal, even the threat of a catastrophe can be used.

Taimi

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2006, 02:24:56 AM »
A warrior uses everything in his tonal, even the threat of a catastrophe can be used.

Yes it can be used - if it works

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2006, 02:58:05 AM »
"if" ??
t2f

Taimi

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2006, 03:12:53 AM »
"if" ??

different things work for different people

Offline tommy2

• Pir
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2006, 03:47:10 AM »
My questioning was not about the "things" or the "different people", R, it was about the "if", like it's only a possibility, these tools of the warrior.  It's much more than that.  It's a necessity.

Everything in the Naguals' world works around it.  It even makes "humanities stupidity" make sense.  As an example, my maybe-future daughter in law and I were talking about the numbness of most humanity, how people screw themselves up so easily in their less-than- mindful habits.  She is a healer and gets "plugged up" now and then and becomes very exhausted.  I reminded her fervently to work on healing self on a regular basis.  The "stupid" ones cannot receive our full capacity to help if we become weak from helping so many others.  Examination of Intent, especially our own Intent also, is a very necessary tool for the warrior, one which aids in the impeccability of our individual actions.  We're only human but still not.

tom
t2f

Taimi

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2006, 04:00:24 AM »
My questioning was not about the "things" or the "different people", R, it was about the "if", like it's only a possibility, these tools of the warrior. 

I don't think i understand what you mean.

Offline tommy2

• Pir
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2006, 04:11:06 AM »
Nichi said that a warrior uses everything in his tonal, even the threat of catastrophe.  You replied, "Yes it can be, if it works."

You sounded doubtful.  I was only illustrating how manipulation of the tonal is not a possibility but an actual tool. 

Life is an opportunity but, to this warrior, it is the vehicle toward achieving a great end.

What I am trying to say, R, is that there are only two kinds of people to me.  Ones who do certain things and ones who HAVE to do certain things.  Maybe this is my definition of "warrior".

There is no "if" to me about this matter.   t
t2f

Taimi

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2006, 04:16:01 AM »
Nichi said that a warrior uses everything in his tonal, even the threat of catastrophe.  You replied, "Yes it can be, if it works."

What i meant is that a thing can be used as a tool if it works (gives a result). if it doesn't work then there is no point of using it. then it would be smart to choose some other tool that works. that's what i mean when i said that people are different. one specific tool can work for one person but has no use for the other.

btw - it was Jahn who said that a warrior uses everything in his tonal...  ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 04:17:42 AM by Rubina »

Offline tommy2

• Pir
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2006, 05:18:23 AM »
I follow you.  Thanx.  Yeh, it was Jahns' quote.  My mistake.

What I have learnt about "tools", in either the physical or non-physicial realms,  is that it is not the user but, rather, the tool which needs to be known, also.  Like you implied, what works for one person may not work for another.  Yet a warrior, one who knows the potential of themselves, must focus on the tool for what it has to reveal to them by their use of it.  What I am implying is, Rubina, that I have to remind myself often not to rush to judgement on such things as spiritual/nagual tools.  It took me many years and many attempts at recapitulation and self-stalking to realize just what is involved in the practice of such powerful forms of art.  I had to grow within the tool.  Decades of attempted impeccability taught me to wake up in my recapitulation and realize that the act was alive, of and in itself.  I can now live new moments in my past when before I could only recollect.  I cannot change anything with "the past", but I can pick out details which previously escaped my awareness.  The knowledge from "then" is now not hidden because of my new identity with such things, areas of my perception which were only latent.  So the "tool", in other words, needed extensive handling before I could begin to perceive the possibilities awaiting my discovery.

t
t2f

Jahn

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2006, 02:05:30 AM »
What i meant is that a thing can be used as a tool if it works (gives a result). if it doesn't work then there is no point of using it. then it would be smart to choose some other tool that works. that's what i mean when i said that people are different. one specific tool can work for one person but has no use for the other.

btw - it was Jahn who said that a warrior uses everything in his tonal...  ;)

I suppose that you are on the right track Rubina but let me make myself clear. What is meant by everything?

It is meant that everything in our tonal have an option to serve us as a tool for growth. I'll mention a few.

A relationship. Relations to parents are a common approach to healing and growth, but also, relatives, partners and friends serve very well.
Any work situation, since it involves interaction, team work and hiearchical structures, opportunities to a career etc.

Our car or other vehicle that we use. Maintenance, Pirsig wrote a whole book about it - Zen, and the art of motorcycle maintenace. It hasn't to be an old Triumph, it can be any bicycle or simple car.

The apartment, house or garden - I just mention Feng Shui and you can fill in the rest.

These are the basic - near us areas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk